Australian Champion - Discussion

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

jamie
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by jamie »

hey budgie,
admire your passion, but everyone has their own trip or at least should have the option of taking one.
Malle bull seems to have summed up an earlier point of mine and it also relates to your reference to OBAMA and democracy/politics.
If you want to change something you need to be involved with the machine - your new local club and then you part of the long term solution instead of outside the movement stirring things up.
my opinion only for what its worth.
Jamie
mal
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by mal »

professional does that mean you can potentially make a living off wining comps?

i heard you can win up to 200 000 oo dollars over the year on the aussie circuit.
IS THIS TRUE ?????
or even close

please answer

nice idea cripple with the free dvd on a mag cover thats good promotion
albert
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by albert »

mal wrote: i heard you can win up to 200 000 oo dollars over the year on the aussie circuit.
IS THIS TRUE ?????
or even close

please answer
yes, that is absolutely true, you can win $200 or $000 dollars over the year surfing the aussie circuit!
Tony Wales

Post by Tony Wales »

yep ... and the circuit is sonsored by: Coco Cola, McDoonalds and Microsuft
albert

Post by albert »

mal wrote: IS THIS TRUE ?????
but seriously...

usually first place in KSA events gets AU$1000, :shock:
...same as it has been for the last 30 years. :oops:
mal

Post by mal »

cheers albert, at least its enough to pay for the trip.

i was told you could win $30000.oo and a car in some events. haha were only kneeboarders tho aye
Tony Wales

Post by Tony Wales »

On the KSA website notification of an AGM (sans an actual date) has been posted - it's in info about this year's Bendy contest.

Link: http://www.kneeboardsurfaustralia.com/b ... 20page.htm

To quote:
"KSA will soon be announcing our AGM dates and details. Plastic sheets have been ordered for the blood spilling and a swear jar will be in place to raise funds."
waka

Post by waka »

Just call me 'Poppy'
Wandandian Devil
hart

OZ champion

Post by hart »

:o

And thanks also, to Simon

:D

hart
"Mary Mary, Mother Mother,

You and me and..

God the Father.."

Richard Butler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7TPaQV4zo
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Yes thanks to Simon and all of his ventures.........
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Well done Rob. Nice read and looks great 8)
And congratulations to Simon for a fantastic year.
waka

Post by waka »

:D Well said Brad 8) ...and the first positive post written in this thread :!:

Some fat to chew on ladies :P

Presidents Report

Just a reminder to everyone entering any KSA or World Title event, you must be a current financial member of your states Surfing Australia inc.
Why?
Surfing Australia is the national governing body for the sport of Surfing in Australia. Recognised by the Australian Sports Commission and a member of the International Surfing Association [World Governing Body]representing Australia and a recognised federation of the Australian Olympic Committee.

Surfing Australia works to further the interests of surfers in the area of organisation, education, competition and environment in Australia.

Membership includes personal accident insurance whenever you surf and gives our sport a voice to government and organising authorities. The more kneeboarders that join, the more influence we can have in deciding our sports direction & future. They also provide, free of charge, any available equipment plus admin support to KSA. Surfing Australia also provide coaching & judging courses to members.

Our affiliation with Surfing Australia is vital when approaching councils for permission to hold our events. We require a $20 million accident insurance coverage through a recognised insurance company before any contest is considered by councils. Without our affiliation and membership with Surfing Australia, the insurance premium would be over 4 times what it is currently, which means entry fee's would dramatically increase for every competitor.

As we have the authority to state our affiliation with Surfing Aust., councils are welcoming in our efforts to conduct surfing contests in their area.

From this year, Surfing Australia are providing greater support through trophies, publication of KSA contest.dates, reports and competitors on their website and promotional material.

THIS IS WHY IT IS MANDATORY ALL KSA ENTRANTS MUST BE CURRENT FINANCIAL MEMBERS OF SURFING AUSTRALIA.

For the cost of around $50, KSA is able to hold surfing events, at a reasonable cost, and have the assurance that if anyone is injured, or if they injure any bystander, they are fully insured.

You are free to join ANY state branch of Surfing Australia at any time prior to entering a contest.
From Bendy 2009, Surfing Australia will provide KSA with a list of financial kneeboard members.
KSA does not charge any membership fee.

I hope this clears things up and explains why it is vital all of us are members. A link is provided on our KSA website for membership forms, just scroll down our home page.

Hope to see you all at Bendy. Don’t forget to support our sponsor, Remax, when booking your accommodation. And don’t' forget to mention the contest !

John Clingan
President

Presidents Report 2009 AGM

Seedings for the World Titles will be based on the 2008 KSA circuit placings. Accommodation More details soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The AGM will happen at Bendalong Sat 14th March 7pm to 8.30pm.

Club presidents & secretaries are invited to attend the event. However, as we cannot accommodate everyone at the meeting, please see your club representative to ensure your concerns or suggestions are presented. Note, : ALL attendee's and those submitting suggestions, must be current financial members of Surfing Australia.

Those people who aren't members of clubs and wish to put forward items to be included in General Business shall send a written document to KSA PO Box .... by last post 27 February 2009

This process allows for the compilation of material and dissemination to all office bearers for consideration prior to the AGM.

If club presidents or secretaries could send me a short report on their 2008 achievements & club champions to be included in my report.

Minutes of the meeting will be taken & made available to club reps.

Agenda

1. Welcome - John C

2. 2008 KSA circuit -John C

3. Financial update -John C

4. Surfing Australia business - John C

5. Office bearers election - Scott Feeney to preside.

6. Club round up - club reps

7. 2009/10 KSA circuit -

7. World Titles - KSI reps: Ken Stapleton / Scott Feeney

8. General Business - all

"If there are any inquiries please do not hesitate to contact me."

John Clingan
President

just saying :wink:
Just call me 'Poppy'
Wandandian Devil
red

Post by red »

Good stuff
What's the qorum (minimum number of voting members needed before a motion can be passed?)
Are there proxy forms so those who don't attend can nominate someone else to vote for them and also count towards the qorum.
albert

Post by albert »

red wrote:Good stuff
What's the qorum (minimum number of voting members needed before a motion can be passed?)
Are there proxy forms so those who don't attend can nominate someone else to vote for them and also count towards the qorum.
Red, I would suggest that if Jim Brown or Stan (as your nearest Club representatives) are going to go then you should send your suggestions to them. You could make up a proxy form, or just write your suggestions/votes in and give it to your club representatives.

As far as voting is concerned, I wouldnt have a clue.
budgie

Post by budgie »

What a step FORWARD. I am so happy.

Thanks to John Clingan for listening and putting up with the stirring and agitating. Kneeboarding is finally taking steps to include US all.

Thankyou everyone especially MJ and Justin for putting into words I cannot start to articulate.

Greg Budgen