Australian Champion - Discussion

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

DYdamo
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by DYdamo »

John .......
we've had a very similar up-bringing..... :shock: ...........
But we are not cool to the young folk my friend(as much as we think we are :lol: :lol: )
Kneeboarding will always be for the ones who are left of centre

And for christ's sake hope they arn't EMO.............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

let alone gay...(not that there's anything wrong with that)

:lol: :lol:........I'm just sayin...... :wink:
Smokin Rock
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Smokin Rock »

gay EMO kneeboarders......the next generation :lol:
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
budgie

Post by budgie »

What is an EMO?
dua anjing

Post by dua anjing »

Smokin Rock wrote:gay EMO kneeboarders......the next generation :lol:
Would that make them GEMEELO's ?

Budgie, EMO's look a bit like very sad goth's... EMOtinal
Last edited by dua anjing on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live in my own little world, But it's OK they know me there.
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

album_showpage.php?pic_id=18184
it's like goth....except for pussys :lol:
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
crippler
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by crippler »

Great work ross Really like ya thinking except surfing australia want us to do it ourselves which is the sad fact of the matter.But all the ideas and theories are still valid.we have the affiliation with them and its all we need but the only problem is the making it that cool marketable product to the kids.As one of the younger guys in the sport i can tell you its like ross said those contacts with former greats and future champs keeps you inspired as a young Kneelo but thats not what get you started what gets you started is a grass roots hands on encouragement and advice or the cool factor.tTo Create this cool factor in any sport it requires a point of focus.Ie:the elite level shown off advertised if you will at least on some level.Maybe contact with a mainstream surf mag could help,has anyone try talking too them? I hear Matt Gallagher and Pommie did a clinic for the the new Zealand groms that Murray has developed.What a brilliant Idea maybe the ksa could put together a kitty to help fund these guys to do the same in a number of locations perhaps even different countries.I know as kneeboarding infant back in the days bein coached by a couple of freaks like these two and havin the opportunity to ask questions and surf and watch with top level guys would of been an amazing experience. maybe we could get some feedback from these groms or there families to see what they thought of it. good surfers good coaches good blokes thats gotta help in some way. what do you guys think of this? Good on them and Murray for putting in for kids i say, that will generate some numbers
budgie

Post by budgie »

Hey Hart and Jamie and Ross

How are you going to implement theses ideas?

By not answering the big questions?

How does KSA becomed empowered?

C'MON keep the mass debate going, IT IS GOING PLACES IT DESERVES

Budgie
hart

Post by hart »

budgie wrote:Hey Hart and Jamie and Ross

How are you going to implement theses ideas?
I am afraid I have no vehicle for implementation..but despite that, I none-the-less wanted to voice an opinion

By not answering the big questions?
I have no idea what that means in context..meaning I thought most of the 'big' questions were in fact, covered

How does KSA becomed empowered?
Ditto above :oops: (minus the qualification)

C'MON keep the mass debate going, IT IS GOING PLACES IT DESERVES

Budgie
KSA has updated their website for 2009 and outlined a strategy for the future as they see it..including hosting the next Australian Titles.

I'm not sure if its a professional or 'amatuer' title or how they intend to 'seperate' them..but at least its up there to read about

KNEEBOARD SURF AUSTRALIA has a game plan and John Clingon (president) and Wayne Jennings (vice president) has the ball squarely in their court(s)..we should offer whatever support we can (and which they choose to accept) and provide whatever advice to which they may choose to listen

:idea:

Otherwise, this thread :?: ..is an unfortunate, dead duck

hart
"Mary Mary, Mother Mother,

You and me and..

God the Father.."

Richard Butler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7TPaQV4zo
budgie

Post by budgie »

Bruce this matter is far from being a dead duck.

(What is it with bird analogies in this thread HONK HONK, DEAD DUCK)

The passion I have for BEING a kneeboarder is the core of my BEING, my existence. I know it is a bit esoteric and out there, if I am not a kneeboarder ...................I AM NOTHING.

I surf at dawn mostly and the whole atmosphere of Gunnamatta and fishermen and Gannets (wave surfing birds who surf the air lift in front of a wave with wing tips millimetres from the waves surface) and the regulars that have their own passion of dawn patroling.

What I am trying to say IT IS MY RELIGION

There are many people in the world that have thier own similar religion, soccer players, football players, runners etc.

Your opinion Bruce and that of all participants in these forums (thanks Don) are all VALUABLE

WHY? Because we are all kneeboarders.

It deeply saddens me (I AM NOT AN EMO) that we do not have the access to the vehicle for implementation of change

HART-[quote] I am afraid I have no vehicle for implementation..but despite that, I none-the-less wanted to voice an opinion[/quote]

The big questions Bruce have not even been touched on.

MJ and Justin said everything that needs to be said about KSA in its current form and the people putting in the hard yards for little return in the way of help or recognition etc

and just for the record I have not critised the current people running KSA.

Passion for being a kneeboarder also spills over for the professional, competitive side of our sport. It is a part of our sport in which we have NO CONTROL.

EG: The Bendalong contest is just over 1 month away and it has been declared a 3 day contest. For me if I had a say I would not have voted for it, and the reasons being that I am self employed and will lose an extra days pay to go to the event. Makes the wife happy I tell ya, she turns into a bit of an EMO. If I did have a say and the membership voted for a 3 day contest then I choose to go or not . You could argue that "what is the difference" .

The difference is (and YES I am ready to cop some flack for this one)

DEMOCRACY OR DICTATORSHIP at least I was priveliged to have the right to choose.

KSA empowerment is by letting the individuals be part of it.

EG: Barak Obama won on campaign money and it was a phenomenal amount, that was not all from big powerful rich people and corporations......... it was $20 and $50 from (the as the media called them) the People from main street,

the change was financed by a tidal wave of small donations. Individuals WANTING TO DO THEIR BIT

Even if the Penisbrain that has been ruining OOPs I meant running the USA for the past x years won, at least the main street people had a go and were allowed to vote even though it is not compulsory.

The Australian Champion thread is so much more about KNEEBOARDERS not Australian champions.

Someday in the future I want to look at the past with a touch of pride that we strove, and pushed forward because I know we are RIPE and ready to live up to the POTENTIAL that we have as a sport.
In the future imagine going surfing and seeing 3 or 4 Simon Farrers at your beach( No we are not cloning him)

WHO WE ARE

WHERE WE ARE GOING

HOW WE ARE GOING TO GET THERE

They are the real questions
jdc

Post by jdc »

budgie wrote:
I know it is a bit esoteric and out there, if I am not a kneeboarder ...................I AM NOTHING.

IT IS MY RELIGION
budgie, this post is very EMO!

A 16 year old with a ring in their lip, dyed blue black hair coverinmg their eyes and who wears tattered tartan has entered your mind and well .... we read ( know) the rest.

but still.....lets unpack your emotions.

"I" and "nothing" are mutually exclusive entities from the religious/philosophical stand point...diametrically opposed.

yet nothing (zero) which weas first formulated mathmatically in India in the 7th C but only really taken up in Europe in the 13th or 14th C, is the key.

Zero was late getting to the common people in Europe because it really upset the dogmatic power plays of the politically religious. Philosophically it provides a freedom without an absolute.

It also made mathe a lot easier :idea:

Due to the nature of nothing, zero or shunyata (Indian term) all things can change. If there is only a base level 1 ( 'I' = an absolute) change cannot happen.

"I" is a mere mental construct, whilst zero, which is also a construct as a label points to a non concept (philosophical speaking)

Budgie your not "being out there"....your over emotinaly placing all your sense of "self" eggs, in a basket that like all things, must pass.

when your too old to kneeboard then your religion will really need to work for you because we do not kneeboard into death...its a mind directed event!

The best thing to happen to kneeboarding in years is this site. It has bought a lot of kneelos together.

However, as noted, if the amazing surfing that we are seeing in photos is not enough to to inspire kids then....

the youngest of us on this site may well post...."the last post'' down the track.

but as religious people might suggest.....best not to be attached....or William Blake (?) 'see the universe in a grain of sand' and ' kiss joy as it flys past'

in short...dont hassle prof hart too much...he has done alot

aka dorje (strength of nothing)
i like surfing
budgie

Post by budgie »

JDC you are just a figment of your own imagination as am I of mine.

Just let me be passionate and forget the relgious lession, I was forced into enough of those at school and the mongrels there couldn't answer the big questions.

Let Hart speak for himself and not use a medium.

Budgie
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

excuse me, pissing myself laughing :lol: :lol:
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
MALLEE BULL

Post by MALLEE BULL »

TO ALL KNEEBOARDERS
ASK YOURSELFS WHAT CAN I DO FOR KNEEBOARDING :?:
MANY HANDS MAKE LIGHT WORK.IT STARTS AT CLUB LEVEL THAN WORKS IT WAY UP THE FOOD CHAIN.
LOVE FIXING UP OLD BOARDS
AND STAINED GLASS WINDOWS
mFox

Post by mFox »

Magic stuff Dorje and Budgie!!!!! :D You two should start a new thread in the vein of the last comments from you both. Loved it :lol: "When EMOisim meets Philosophy under an Esoteric big top at Luna Park while on LSD".

Entertaining and enlightening..... in an esoteric, emo way

:D :lol: :D

Come on Budgie..... where else but this site could you have so much fun and education bestowed upon you by your peers

Take it easy guys.
Fox
Headwax.

Post by Headwax. »

Slightly OT. Greetings John :)