victorian kneeboard club

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

islandjim
Local (More than 25 post)

victorian kneeboard club

Post by islandjim »

The idea of a victorian kneeboard club has moved closer to reality. I have been in contact with max at surfing vic and he is very keen to help us get up and established. I am waiting on documentation for incorporation and insurance etc. In the meantime ,any vicco's that would be interested in joining, please get in contact with me . The club will be an official surfing vic club with all the same benifits as any of the other 15 registered surf clubs in victoria. We will have access to our own web page on the surfing vic site and will be able to run our own club events. State titles will continue as is, as we are only establishing a club, but it will be open to all kneelos statewide, rather than open for a specific area which may leave others out. Please spread the word.
dua anjing
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by dua anjing »

I'm interested ! let me know if I can help in any way.
I live in my own little world, But it's OK they know me there.
mFox

Post by mFox »

Well done Jimbo :-). I'm good to get on board.
Fox
Stanley

Post by Stanley »

Im with you Jim...Lets all us viccos join and promote our sport and also have a great time.

This will also give as a chance to surf against the nsw clubs in the team challeng.

We have a pretty talented pool of kboarders in vic and we can take their team cup :lol:
jdc

Post by jdc »

Im in for the Bellarine Peninsula/13th beach

look foward to more info, stickers and a tshirt

john..aka dorje aka....
i like surfing
Kev
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Kev »

8)
finger

Post by finger »

This sound good
I have enjoyed surfing with other kneelos lately and look forward to more garthering in the future

VICCO KNEELOS

Has a nice ring to it i think
Count me in please
gary
islandjim

Post by islandjim »

great to get so many positive replies. I will keep you all informed as it progresses. I will need to get email addresses and phone numbers etc so keep in touch.
islandjim

Post by islandjim »

The incorporation paperwork has been sent in today, spoke with surfing vic and they are ready for the next phase once the inc is finalised. Can you please get in contact with me so I can get some addresses (email preferably) to start sending out information for those wishing to join.
islandjim

Post by islandjim »

I have just sent out the next newsletter to all the guys I have email addresses for. If you would like to be on the mailing list for the vic kneelo club send me your email address. Also if you have previously sent me your email address but didnt receive the newsletter, contact me again .A few of the addresses keep bouncing back.
We will be ready to start taking membership in a week or so. Thanks for the interest that everyone has shown. We have people keen to join from the west coast right down to bairnsdale in the east.
We have our first sponsor, NEIL LUKE KNEEBOARDS. Neil is stoked to see a club formed for all victorians and has donated a new board for us to raffle.
I'll keep you posted on our progress.
Stanley

Post by Stanley »

Hi Jim hope you don't mind me posting the newsletter on here :P

Hi all
It’s been a pretty bad spell of weather and waves lately ,but here’s hoping things change before the hordes inundate us for Christmas.
Great news on the sponsorship front. NEIL LUKE KNEEBOARDS are donating a brand new board for us to raffle. Neil is stoked to see a club formed for all the vicco’s and is very keen to help. This will go a long way in helping to pay our commitments to surfing vic.
There is a lot of interest in people wanting to join the club, I have been contacted by crew from the west coast, peninsula, phillip island and as far east as Bairnsdale. Everyone that contacts me is on our emailing list to keep you informed of the progress. So please keep spreading the word and keep sending me email addresses, etc so we can get to as many kneelo’s as possible.
Incorporation is complete so now we are currently getting paperwork completed to open an account with the Bendigo Bank, under the name of “Kneeboard Surfing Victoria”. Once this is done then we will be able to accept membership monies. I will fill you in on the details of how you can pay in the next newsletter. It should work along the lines of a cheque or money order to KSV or pay direct at a Bendigo branch. Like I said ,details will follow.
Kneeboard surfing Australia are very pleased with the formation of a new club and are going to help us to get established with equipment, and the other kneelo clubs have been in contact to wish us well.If you have any ideas or can help in this area, please contact me
Even though some of the focus of the club is on competion, the main priority is to promote the sport as a social and family orientated activity, There is no requirement to compete, you may want to surf together and meet socially for BBQ’s etc, that is what the club is about. There will be regular point scores (comps) for those who wish to compete , but there will also be get –togethers to surf together , and swap bullshit stories about how you should have been here yesterday.
Once we are up and established we will need to hold elections for all positions. Currently I am being assisted by Stan and Mark Foxman to get this up, but it’s a bit like the chicken and the egg. We had no club and so no members. I hope to keep everyone informed on a regular basis as we are covering a large slab of coastline
, but hope to use that to our advantage by holding comps/gatherings right around the state.
Next is membership. For our first year it will be easier to join surfing vic as you currently do and then to also join us (KSV) Once we are established we may be able to pay both to the club, but only if it is advantageous to you. All members of Kneeboard Surfing Victoria must be current members of Surfing Vic for insurance purposes. So next year will cost $40 for surfing vic (based on this years fee) and then $40 to join KSV,a cheap price to be part of the first kneelo club for all vicco’s.
I have to provide surfing vic with our membership details so I will need the following details
Name and address
Phone (home and mobile)
Email address (not ksusa id)
Date of birth
Your surfing vic membership number and when it expires
40 bucks !!!!

I will be in touch with Elley at surfing vic this week and hope to get the webpage started and Rob Slater is going to get us our own links and pages on the KSA site.
I hope this keeps you in the picture, any other question just ring or email
Keep getting shacked
jim
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Jim,
That's awesome news! We're sharing the stoke for you guys here in CA. Thanks for posting Stanley. All the best as you guys move forward :D
albert

Post by albert »

Hey Stan and Jim,

Any chance you guys are offering a founding honrary membership of some kind for us north of the border?
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

:D 8) A big congrats to you Vicco's, you've got some good blokes kicking it off and some good surfers to fill the ranks, great to see.
Hey Stan...... keep your eyes off the inter club trophy we've got a hard enough job maintaiing third position let alone having to take you Vicco's on as well :lol: :lol: ...... :idea: idea:maybe a "state of origin"comp Qld, NSW, Vic, S.Aust something for the future maybe - for now good luck with getting the club up & operational.

Cheers Wolruss
islandjim

Post by islandjim »

Albert , you are hereby inducted as an honorary member. This honorary membership entitles you to the following
"bugger all"

ps. there are always beers and beds for our friends from "north of the border"