victorian kneeboard club

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Stanley
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Stanley »

I second that vote Jim :P :P :P
dua anjing

Post by dua anjing »

Stanley wrote: Next is membership. For our first year it will be easier to join surfing vic as you currently do and then to also join us (KSV)
I had a look at surfing vic's site but couldn't find any details on how to join. (Their membership page just loaded as a blank) . Any one care to lead me thru it ?
I live in my own little world, But it's OK they know me there.
dua anjing

Post by dua anjing »

Scrap that ! I drove down to their office and did it the old fashioned way (cash). Ok so now what are my options for sending KSV my forty bucks ? and how do I organise paying for my raffle tickets ?????
I live in my own little world, But it's OK they know me there.
Kev
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Kev »

dua anjing wrote:I had a look at surfing vic's site but couldn't find any details on how to join. (Their membership page just loaded as a blank) . Any one care to lead me thru it ?
correct
and I've posted to that fact a number of times but no-one seemed to pick up on it

both the KSA and the Surfing Aust ... Vic and NSW , have obvious omissions just like that membership.PDF
perhaps this is a perfect excuse to take the drive to the other coast and make a manual payment

:shock:
FOUND IT !!

Surfing Aust
VIC
About Us
Contact Us

http://www.surfingaustralia.com/docs/3940.pdf

In Person:
Surfing Victoria, Shop 19 Surf City Plaza, Torquay Phone: (03) 5261 2907
9am- 5pm Monday –Friday Note: EFTPOS payments can be made in person
Post completed application slip to Surfing Victoria and pay by -:
Cheque / Money Order. Make payable to Surfing Victoria.
Credit Card. Fill out credit card details on payment slip then contact Surfing Victoria to ensure payment has been approved
Fax: (03) 52 614 460
Fax completed application slip including credit card details. Contact Surfing Victoria to confirm fax has been received and
payment has been approved.
Stanley

Post by Stanley »

Hi Guyes,
Jim is in the process of setting up KSV bank accounts and then we can start accepting membership.

The account should be set up by the 20th Dec so get your details to Jim so we can email you with info straight-away.

Later we will organize t shirts caps beanies hoodies stickers make as look like professional club the brotherhood of the KSV.

Talk to you all soon

Because there is nothing like that kneeling off the ceeling feeling.

WWW.kneeboardsurfingvic.blogspot.com
Stanley

Post by Stanley »

Hi every one,
I was talking to Jim and we have come to the conclusion to start the first contest of the KSV on the Mornington Peninsula.

We are looking at potential dates in Feb as we have some really good tides and traidwinds that alow us to pick the best locations for our first event.

The morningon peninsula is a good place to start our contests as it is between the west coast and the island and assessable by all.

after this contest we will have our first a.g.m and elect office bearers and committee

So stay tuned.

Because there is nothing like that kneeling off the ceeling feeling

http://www.kneeboardsurfingvic.blogspot.com/ :P
red

Post by red »

Suggestion
Can we coordinate locals to pick up guys from the ferries. This will help cut the cost and time of guys travelling around the two bays to the gathering (contest?).
Stanley

Post by Stanley »

K.S.V NEWS

NEWSLETTER 3 17th. Dec 2008

WE HAVE A CLUB !!!
Hi all
Kneeboard Surfing Victoria officially joined the surfing world today. We are a fully paid up member club of surfing vic. One of 16 surf clubs in the state ,and our bank account with Bendigo Bank is open.
It has been great to see the interest in the club from all parts of Oz and even overseas. Now is your chance to become a member. All our membership money goes back into the club to promote kneeboarding, so it is a great way to help the sport. All the details for joining are on the membership form attached.
Our first club comp will be held on Mornington Peninsula on Sat 14th Feb 2009. Stan tells me that the tides should be good for us so we will pray for a bit of swell. While we are on Stan, don't forget to check his website, He is profiling vicco kneelos, it's entertaining reading. This will be our first official gathering and should be a great day. Enter in the comp or just turn up for a surf and talk. We hope to have a BBQ lunch for the family, and get to meet the other members of the club. More details on the comp will be sent out in the next newsletter.
We will also be having our first AGM and elect our committee that day, so if you are interested in being on the committee, please let me know by a week prior to the meeting.
We will also begin the raffle for the brand new Neil Luke board , A chance for some lucky punter to get a new stick for the price of a raffle ticket.
Keep spreading the word on the club, and if possible, could you print out some of the membership forms and get them into some of the surf shops on the west coast and the peninsula. I've got the island covered.
We will be starting to get together all the gear we need to run our comps so if you can help in any way it will be much appreciated. Flags, Rashies, Timers, Horns, PA gear, Clipboards, etc, or if you can help with judging or tallying, it all helps.

It's been a strange month for surf along the coast , lots of wind and varying swell, from reports most of victoria has been the same. If you've been getting good waves let me know and I'll put it in the next newsletter.
Membership Details
You can join a number of ways,
Send a cheque or money order, made out to
KNEEBOARD SURFING VICTORIA inc

And mail to,
KNEEBOARD SURFING VICTORIA inc.
c/o Jim Brown
5 Hollydene Court
Cowes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Direct Deposit in any Bendigo Bank branch

BSB number 633-000
Account number 135765022
Put your name as a reference number (This is important so I know who made the deposit) and then please email me so I can keep track of this.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also do it over the internet if you bank this way.

And fill in the membership form and send it back. If you have already given me ALL your details then you don't need to fill in the form again. I have to forward these details to surfing vic on a quarterly basis.

I will send everyone a membership card to acknowledge receipt of your money.

Elley at surfing vic is working on our webpage and Rob Slater from the KSA website is going to have a page and links for us on that site by early next year.
I hope this keeps you in the picture, any other question just ring or email
Keep getting shacked
jim
jdc

Post by jdc »

red wrote:Suggestion
Can we coordinate locals to pick up guys from the ferries. This will help cut the cost and time of guys travelling around the two bays to the gathering (contest?).
Sharp thinking Red!

I have not put the board in the water for 5 weeks :shock: :shock: :shock: something of a record since I moved down the coast 5 years ago!

its been very odd weather as Stanly mentioned above and particulaly felt on the Bellarine Peninsula where desired conditions are different from Torquay and Mornington...there has hardly been a even window of average conditions.

I will be slow to hook up due to this and that but looking foward to the dust settling and waves returning for some club action

great work getting it together!

cheers

aka dore
i like surfing
crippler
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by crippler »

Gooooooo Viccooooooo!!!!!!!
albert

Post by albert »

http://www.kneeboardsurfaustralia.com/v ... 0final.doc

This is the link for the membership form straight from the KSA site...
Stanley

KSV

Post by Stanley »

Hi Guys,
There is a slight change for the start of our first comp.
We have brought the time back one hour as the surf forcast for saturday is for a small swell which will be suited better for the low tide.

So we need to meet at paradise drv carpark St Andrews beach at 8 am sharp..

Malway ref pg 252 A 8

looking forward to seeing you all there.

Cheers

Stan

PS. after the contest remember we will be voting in our club committee so if you want to contribute to the club and offer your expertise.And feel that you could fill a position to lead the club in a positive way to grow to be a great club socially and competitively we would love you to put your hand up..

www.kneeboardsurfingvic.blogspot.com
islandjim

Post by islandjim »

Only a couple of days till we have our first comp. If you are going to surf in the comp could you let me know so we can organise the draw.
I will have membership forms ,and also entry forms for the victorian masters .
Looking forward to catching up with everyone
budgie

Post by budgie »

Tomorrow is the first club comp and the swell is running hot.

So bring your kneemals 6ft5in and over only.

Not really running hot just unusually tiny.

Just saw that flipperkicker Stan at Rye and that is all he was doing FLIPPERKICKING, he had it to himself though.

See ya tomorrow fellow kneemalians I will be bustin out the 5ft 8in coz it is my biggest.
Budgie
finger

Post by finger »

I live near tulla airport and am heading down early
If anyone needs a lift PM me

gary