Accomodation in Opunake for the worlds

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

red
Legend (Contribution King!)

Accomodation in Opunake for the worlds

Post by red »

There is a bach available in Opunake from 9th-19th April. It's just around the corner from the pub, sleeps 4 and looked really nicely set up (barbie, etc.). The normal price for this period is $125 per night (about 45cents US : ] ). I can't find it again on the accomodation websites (this might be it, but I'm not positive http://www.nz.open2view.com/Property/146696)

You can contact Craig Williamson Executive Director, Surfing Taranaki on cwilliamson at surf.co.nz4 to get more details

Let him know that you are taking up my booking. I did my shoulder at the PI contest in November and it's still too shonky to use for surfing (despite RICER, acupuncture, protein and eggshells, etc.). I may have to pull out, so I cancelled my booking and Craig asked if I'd let other kneelos know.
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

BUMMER, Red. I hope your shoulder mends and you can avoid surgery.
Was looking forward to seeing you in NZ. Wayne
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Too bad Red. Hopefully you'll make some real progress in the next couple of weeks. By the way, I met a keelo at Porto yesterday: your friend Simon 8) and I told him I'd be seeing you in NZ....
red

Post by red »

Just bumping this to see wheher anyone contacted Craig about accomodation for the worlds.
Regards
Red