Tow in jetskis

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

jdkneelo
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Tow in jetskis

Post by jdkneelo »

I should have listened to Ab and drove down to kingscliffe but i decided to try my local point break currumbin ally. got to the carpark just on dawn , it looked ok in the 4- 6ft range light offshore.Paddled out and no sooner do 10 jetski teams turn up and takeover the whole lineup. Driving right through the middle of the lineup, wakes everywhere, caught 1 wave and paddled in talk about a dead set circus and dangerous to boot. welcome to the goldy
KenM
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by KenM »

WOW, and I thought the stand up paddle guys were a pain in the @$$. At least they can't take off in the peak. Thank God the skis are banned here. No laws against that sort of thing down there or just no enforcement???
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

JD, heh heh, i nearly got run over at the alley a few years back, and they really stuff the swell up. Hate em, and yeah kEN there are exclusion zones 400m from the point but nobody enforces it, if you were a water cop would you go out in these conditions and pull em over, but they can take their rego no. and book em, one guy followed my mate in his rubber duck up and down the coast from currumbin to kirra & back, like a bloodhound he was, my mate knew he was there & eventually beached it on currumbin it turned out he knew my mate & let him off after yacking to him for an hour of course.
JD the swell is sposed to keep rocking in for the rest of the week, it's too wet n windy at the moment but from wednsday/thursday the winds are going to pull back to light sw in the mornings n light s-se during the day going light nw friday, being old and slightly decrepit i think i'll wait till then if you want to hook up for whats looking like a filth few days. What's Gordo up to rope him in, have a sicky AB
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
quadfin

Post by quadfin »

Paddled across a ship channel to a spot named Boca Chica during a hurricane (Ike) and caught the elevator rip going along the jetty to 18' faces and a horrendous sideshore current. Battle plan was to catch rights back into the jetty and not die. On the first wave I am paddling down the wave face to get enough uumph to make the bottom turn and a ski lands on the wave face in front of me with a passenger on the back. A quick turn to the left resulted in an ugly hold down after getting drilled by the lip.

There are rules here as well but there is little or no enforcement in State/Federal waters aginst skis in the surf zone, especially in high surf conditions. As Harbormaster of my little town I just take pictures, wave friendly like, and mail their happy asses tickets in the mail. Works great.
Surf Hard Live Slow
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

Quad, your a legend in your own lifetime or is it your own mind, either way i know it'd make me feel a whole lot better. AB
rooster

Post by rooster »

Quad,

Great idea :P :P Wish I had that power. Those guys really are a pain in the arse. A lifeguard buddy of mine said that as soon as you step on one of those things most peoples I Q drops 50 pts.
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

secretly i'm just jealous i aint got one AB
quadfin

Post by quadfin »

analbirth wrote:secretly i'm just jealous i aint got one AB
Nothing wrong with the skis, just the pilots.

I support mandatory Boating Certification Training/Licensing in the US with an endorsement for PWC's just like a motorcycle endorsement. Boats and PWC's are not bumper boats at an amusement park, contrary to public opinion.
Surf Hard Live Slow