ISA Masters

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

quadfin
Legend (Contribution King!)

ISA Masters

Post by quadfin »

Anyone familiar with the ISA Masters program?

Understand that it started as a club format in New Zealand. One would think that with the average age of kneelos that we would fit into that format well. Contacted the ISA for information last year and they directed me to my local org (TGSA), who are not the least bit interested.

Any info? Any interest? KSUSA?
Surf Hard Live Slow
HOOPER
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by HOOPER »

i surfed in the first one in taranaki . they had two divisions 35 -40[which i won] ,40+ pretty small turn out though never had a kneeboard division since but you,re rite prefect for kneeboarders where the average is in the 40,s
quadfin

Post by quadfin »

HOOPER wrote:i surfed in the first one in taranaki . they had two divisions 35 -40[which i won] ,40+ pretty small turn out though never had a kneeboard division since but you,re rite prefect for kneeboarders where the average is in the 40,s
The concept seems to have taken off in Central and South America. from the ISA (hard to navigate) site.

The ISA World Masters Surfing Championship is a team competition. The nation who places highest in each division will win the gold medal in the team standings, earning the status of the best over 35 surfing country in the world. Individual standings will add points towards the team totals.

The divisions are:
Masters: Over 35 years old
Grand Masters: Over 40 years old
Kahunas: Over 45 years old
Grand Kahunas: Over 50 years old
Masters Women: Women over 35 years old

A complete team is formed by eight athletes: two Masters, two Grand Masters and two Kahunas, a Grand Kahuna and a Master Woman.

The top four finalists in each division are awarded gold, silver, bronze and copper medals, as well as the top four national teams.
Surf Hard Live Slow