European Championships

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Dunc
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

European Championships

Post by Dunc »

This is something I've wondered about looking in to for a while. The UK boys who went out to the worlds came back saying the other Euro kneelos that were over there were interested in getting it going too. This has prompted my post in the hope of getting the ball rolling.

This is how I see it -

We need to be looking at a year or so's time so we can get it organised properly.

The hosting of the event should rotate between the different European countries and be held either anually or bianually.

For the first one I'm happy to either support and help the organisation of it in another country or to look into running it in England.

Let me know what your thoughts are and if you are interested in competing and/or helping to get this off the ground.

Dunc
evans
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by evans »

Can us Yanks compete?
Tom Linn
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Tom Linn »

A Euro Titles would be great for the sport, great for euro kneelos and an important next step in the development of our sport. Go for it!
Dunc

Post by Dunc »

Thanks for the positiveness Tom.

If we had an international section or if it was a European open then anyone could compete. It could run like your Steamer Lane contest or it could be purely a European championships. I'm open to suggestions and inputs.

Dunc
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Might as well open it up, our Kneeboard Surfing US. National Champion is an Australian. :lol: :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
Dunc

Post by Dunc »

Running kneeboard events as opens does seem to be the direction things have followed. It could be a world tour if you add the Ozzie tour events, Steamer Lane and then Europe. All we'd need is a Hawaii section, Tahiti, Fiji, South America and we'd be up there with the WCT.
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Hi Dunc!

This is a great idea! After NZ there certainly is momentum and interest so I think it would be a successful event 8) . Once there is a venue and date then that interest will get alot more focused. Best of luck in your brainstorming sessions and in getting the word out (in Europe) as you guage interest. And be sure to keep us in the loop! :D

Brad
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

The first step in the process is to come up with a venue and a date that is 6-12 months out. Then you spend the next several months doing all the things it takes to make the event happen. The first event is by far the most difficult. The second and third events get progressively easier. It you keep the event at the same venue and date every year that will simply things as well.

In the US we have a contest committee that meets via a telephone conference call about once a month (we found one that was free!). In the call we make task assignments and people report in on progress. We could also give you a contest prep checklist if that might help you.

Go man go!
Dunc

Post by Dunc »

I've run quite a few contests but none on this scale (hopefully depends on the interest). For a larger contest I might use your format for organising but then I'm only in a position to organise it if it's in the UK. I think it'd be good to have it at a changing venue as then we could exploit all Europe has to offer.

I was hoping my post would prompt some Euro kneelos to post and say they were interested. I know there are a good few on here but so far no response? If there's no interest is there any point organising it?