09 Coffs comp

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Gareth2
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by Gareth2 »

Thanks Adam I had great fun at Coffs will be back i placed fourth in my age
wolruss
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by wolruss »

Big effort Gareth, quarterfinals and the finals in your age group is an awesome achievement for your 1st comp.
Albert always surfs well and is a pleasure to watch.
Mabel & Rocks, well :roll: I s'pose they did alright as well (don't ever get the unit next to them at the next comp what ever you do, bloody rabble rousers) :evil: :evil:
In fact the WAKA's had a great showing in the comp.

Cheers Wolruss
feralmick
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by feralmick »

:D G`day `russ, Gareth & Waka.
Another great few days, excellant weather, good company and some waves.
Well done to Gareth and the Waka`s.
Must mention Matt & Luke from the Sunshine Coast in their first comp.
Luke surfed very well to get through a couple of rounds. Matt finished 2nd behind Albert in his age group.
I got 4th in both my heats and 4th in the repercharge, but thoroughly enjoyed the trip, and keen to improve next year.
Hope to see you at W`gong.
feralmick

Post by feralmick »

FROZEN WETSUITS
Must admit i had a good laugh when i heard about the wetsuit, and don`t mind a good practical joke.
I hope this one doesn`t turn out to be silly and expensive. Wetsuits aren`t cheap, and just like drying them in full sun breaks down the internal cells so they are less warm, freezing and thawing wouldn`t be good for them.
Cheers everyone.
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Hey Mick,
thawed them out in water in the sink - should be OK, though I don't know what was left on the inside of the freezer compartment :lol: :lol:
Matt & Luke surfed well and it was great to see them down for the comp, you'll have to give Col & Daz a nudge, next time, and give the Queenslanders a real good showing.
Anytime your down this way, or passing through, call in for sure, bur try and time it for a weekend and I'll show you a couple of gems we've got down this way in the land of no waves.
No shame in fridays heat or saturdays, getting knocked out, considering the conditions, I thought I was out for sure in both the Vets & the Opens heats.

Cheers Wolruss