PROAM KB EVENT SOUTH OZ 2009

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Munchy
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

PROAM KB EVENT SOUTH OZ 2009

Post by Munchy »

Hi Guys
The first PROAM Kneeboard event is to held in South Australia SAT 29th August 2009.Great Cash and prizes on offer to 24 competitors only in this one day event ,organised by Phil arthur and his SA Team. It proves to be a great day and an opportunity to catch up with your Southern KB Brothers. So come on ya Vicco and NSW boys come down and enjoy some southern hospitality and make this an event to remember !!
Remember to bring ya thick wetties and of course some shark repellant
cheers Munchy AKA Slasher(SKA)
Event details on the Kneeboard Surf Australia website or Southern Kneeboard Association website SKA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Say hello to Pinebox :lol:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
Munchy

Post by Munchy »

Will do mate!
Regards
K-man

Post by K-man »

Good luck with the meet! Hope to see some good footage when the smoke clears.
Best to the landlord.... :lol:

cheers
red

Post by red »

Hey Munchy,
Re the contest.
1. Are there still spaces?
2. Is it one day? edit - OK I re-read the first post!
3. Where is it?
I'm coming to Adelaide because there is an interesting event happening that week.
http://www.missnudeaustralia.com.au/gallery.htm
I hope to make watching the finals an inspiration for doing well in the contest (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!).
Is the drive Adelaide to the contest site feasible in a few hours between the pubs closing and first heat?
How's the fishing at the contest site? The missus is pretty keen to haul in some tea for the barbie.
Munchy

Post by Munchy »

hi Red check with phil arthur via the SKA website southern kneeboard association as he'd have the latest goss also entry on the KSA site if ya keen entry needs to be in soon i think as it's sat 29th .
the fishing for salmon can be good as per the fishos who remind us of the other things that are out there ?
It will be hopefully held at Waitpinga /Parsons beach about an hour or so from adelaide in the Victor Harbour area .Phil will make the call Sat morning I think!
Regards Munchy aka slasher
MALLEE BULL
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

COMP

Post by MALLEE BULL »

JUST WANTING TO KNOW HOW THE COMP WENT
HOPE IT WAS A RIPPER FOR THE SA GUYS
LOVE FIXING UP OLD BOARDS
AND STAINED GLASS WINDOWS
red

Post by red »

Got back last night from a great weekend.
Only 4 of us made it from interstate - Pommy, Albert, Glen Bittern and myself. I think a few more will make the event for next time because it has everything that a great event should - superb organisation and pro judges, waves, a range of accomodation in small towns on a beautiful bit of coast,a good pub where everyone can congregate, and a bunch of nice people to hang out with.

It was a short event because there were about 20 entries, so it was all over by 2pm which was good because the gale whipped through in the final 5 minutes of the final, almost taking out the tent and judges too.

The event was called tp Middleton because of the in-between swell size and potential for a change. Phil made a good call on this, but Middleton was not an easy spot - it was impossible to get all the way to the outside (like 15 minutes paddle), so the best people could do was hang in the mid sectio and pick off acouple of 4-5 footers. But there was a rip and relentless sets so it was 20 minutes of pure hard paddling and pretty difficult to get even 2 waves in 20 minutes. Most people made a compromise and went for 1 mid-outside and 1 in the reform section.

Pom and Albert were standouts all day until they came up against each other in the semis. Pom won out when Albert failed to find a second wave unitil 20:01 minutes (on the siren, so not counted). The conditions did for Glen and the locals used their knowledge of rips and wave patterns to progress.

Local boy Phil and Red got a walk through in 2nd round to the semis and both progressed to the final with Pom and local lad 9damn my brain, forgotten his name - it will come to me later!)

Waves were flukey in the final. Pom picked off the first one to the shore and left the 3 of us sitting out there wondering what he had got out of it and when we were going to get ours. Turns out Phil was the one to get the 2 decent waves that came through (he later explained how he had leveraged his local knowledge) and was the clear winner followed by his local compatriot. Pom pulled in 3rd and won enough petrol money to make the drive back home and buy a few rounds (thanks Pom!) and I limped into 4th.

Great event, adequate waves (better than straighthanders and dribble in many) and fantastic presso and evening. You shoulda been there!
Scott

Post by Scott »

Good summary, Red -- thanks! Anyone got pics/video to post? Love to see it...
crippler
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by crippler »

great comp i`d like to thank all involved and locals for having us.
Thanks red also for the bottle of scotch either a cunnings tactical move or pure generousity much appreciated either way.A great result for phil and jake very fitting that the main man in getting this comp off the ground managed to take it out.A great weekend and comp i`m sure will be around for years to come.good on albert and especially glenn for there long trip to be a part of it cant wait till next year.see ya at the island kneeboard legends 8)