2010 KSUSA Titles in Huntington Beach

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

tahiti_nui
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by tahiti_nui »

Rosters full, Prizes Prizes, Big Names, 2011 date and more.

Last call for registered contestants to join our Internet Interview Series,
we have a little recording time left, so ring us and tell us!
We want everyone who's in to get their chance.

See ya on the sand, and thanks to all who have done interviews
and the hundreds of you who have visited the site. Keep checking for updates, and after the contest for video/photo links and more. ... rm
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

For those trapped in offices and want to get a feel for HB...

http://www.katinproam.com/live/

On now.
southpeakbrad
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by southpeakbrad »

Just an early shout-out to all of our generous sponsors!!

Aleeda Wetsuits
Ballestar
Blast Hawaii - Bud McCray
Bolsa Clothing - Mike Butler
Steen Barnes Photography
Brand ID
Cove Pads - Casey Patelski
Duke's Huntington Beach
Electric Visual
Flashpoint Surfing - Bruce Hart
Freeline Design - John Mel
Frog House-Event Surf Shop Sponsor
Gordon-Biersch
LuxurySurf.com
Joel Mayer Pro Surf Photography
Maxim Capital Advisors, Inc. - Mark Robertson
Ocean & Earth
Parkes Australia - David Parkes
Primo Beer
Skull Candy Headphones
StayCovered Surf Accessories
Stonefish Skegs - Randy Stockstill
Surfline
Surftech
Tide Has Turned - Gavin Colman
Viper Surfing Fins
Ler

Post by Ler »

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/press ... ing_40199/

Bolsa Clothing is a proud sponsor. Kneelo owned and operated.

Ler
randiego

Post by randiego »

Can't wait! RAFFLE-MANIA!!
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

its been 6 months since i checked the site and longer since i checked the forum lol And your having a ksusa event in HB? well shut my mouth!! lol. good thing i caught the post before the event (the week before lol). I will be there with bells on!
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
ezak

Post by ezak »

Couldn't enter contest this time due to class I have to take for work(Sat mornings 8:30 to 1, brutal).

Would like to skip out of work early on Fri, or after class Sat to come see some heats. About how long are they going to run each day. Those boards for rafflemania are tempting enough to get me up there too. 8)
surf with soul
Jack Beresford

news release

Post by Jack Beresford »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tel: (619) 341-1091 jack@ksusa.org

Don Harris, Kneeboard Surfing USA
Tel: 415-250-6400, dharris@ksusa.org

64 Kneeboard Competitors to Face Off at Huntington Beach Pier Jan. 29 and 30

Mid-winter conditions, historic venue draw top competitors

Huntington Beach, CA (January 25, 2010) – Huntington Beach Pier, a traditional hotbed of California kneeboarding talent, will serve as the venue for the sixth annual Kneeboard Surfing USA Titles and Kneeboard Festival, January 29-30, 2010.

The top 64 kneeboarders in the U.S. will compete in the Open Division. In addition, the contest will include a Junior’s Division for those under 21 years of age and a Women’s division. The event will conclude Saturday afternoon with a highly entertaining team competition in which four top Orange County Kneeboarders will attempt to fend off teams from San Diego, Central California, Northern California and other regions.

Australia’s Gavin Colman leads a highly competitive field in the open division (note: Coleman is currently listed as an alternate but is expected to fill a vacant heat). Colman is the current, two-time world Kneeboard champion and reigning champion of the U.S. Titles event – held at Steamer Lane last January.

Huntington Beach is home to a large number of hard-core Kneeboarders who take considerable pride in their local breaks and the influence HB surfers and shapers have had on the evolution of the sport. Top kneelos from the area include the legendary Bill Sharp, Bill Lerner (the only American to win a Kneeboarding World Title), former U.S./NSSA Champs Phil Fein, Tom Backer, Chris Conceico, Greg Shewman and Mike Fernandez.

The 2010 Kneeboard Surfing U.S.A. Titles is open to the public. Heats will run from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. weather and waves permitting. Duke’s Huntington Beach, located on the pier, will host free gatherings Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings at 6 p.m.

“Bringing this event to HB is a no-brainer,” said Don Harris, president of Kneeboard Surfing USA. “We’ll be in the backyard of the U.S. surf industry and there’s already a lot of buzz about it amongst the local kneelos. For anyone connected with the U.S. Kneeboard community it’s a can’t-miss event.”

The event marks the sixth KSUSA Titles – all held in California. KSUSA also hosted a highly successful World Titles in 2007. The KSUSA Titles will return to Steamer Lane Jan. 13-15, 2011 for an important lead-up to the 2011 ISA World Kneeboard Surfing Titles in Phillip Island, Australia.

Sponsors of the Kneeboard Surfing U.S. Championships include: Aleeda Wetsuits, Balestar Kneeboards, Blast Hawaii, Bolsa Clothing, Brand ID, Duke’s, Cove Pads, Electric Visual, Flashpoint Surfing, Freeline Design, Frog House, Gordon Biersch, Joel Mayer Surf Photography, LuxurySurf.com, Maxim Capital Advisors Inc., Ocean & Earth, Parkes Australia, Primo Beer, Skull Candy Headphones, Stay Covered, Smith Optics, Steen Barnes Photography, Surfline, Surftech, Stonefish Skegs, Tide Has Turned, Trunq S.U.B., and Viper Swim Fins.

Established in 2003, Kneeboard Surfing USA is dedicated to promoting the sport of Kneeboard Surfing through competitions, kneelo gatherings and other activities.

###
(Photos and video of top competitors available upon request. Contest results available by embargo-only Saturday afternoon.)
Last edited by Jack Beresford on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Beresford

NR

Post by Jack Beresford »

I should say "the top 64 US kneelos minus those guys Backer and Baker!"
HALFMANRIPS/MIKE GARRETT

wow "

Post by HALFMANRIPS/MIKE GARRETT »

I HERD OF THOSE GUY'S ???
SOME SAY THERE PRETTY GOOD :lol:
GUERRER0
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

help

Post by GUERRER0 »

People of the forum speak to Jose Maldonado to them in at some future date I I arrive at Californian Los Angeles and I do not have where to remain and looks for who me aereopuerto since ED this by Canada and he always is the one that it looks for to me. Somebody podria to communicate with me to the 1-787-629-3117 to give but details. Thanks and that bless them to GOD
Mike Fernandez

Re: news release

Post by Mike Fernandez »

8)
Last edited by Mike Fernandez on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
Scott

Post by Scott »

What's the water temp these days? Coming from NorCal, should I be surfing in a 4/3 or a 3/2?

Even though the forecast appears to be for 2-3' surf, the simultaneous SW small swell should make for some fun peaks, right? And maybe growing surf on Saturday...

Thanks for the help.
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!
Ler

Re: help

Post by Ler »

[quote="GUERRER0"]People of the forum speak to Jose Maldonado to them in at some future date I I arrive at Californian Los Angeles and I do not have where to remain and looks for who me aereopuerto since ED this by Canada and he always is the one that it looks for to me. Somebody podria to communicate with me to the 1-787-629-3117 to give but details. Thanks and that bless them to GOD[/quote]

Does Jose need to be picked up at the airport? I would like to help a traveling kneelo, if possible 714)227-7597
Mike aka Ler
stonefish

rootbeer waves

Post by stonefish »

the surf this period before the contest has been very good ,im sure everyone is either worn out or at the top of thier game. i cant wait to hear all the stories on the beach! filthy deep tubes are being ridden in front of the wave observation tower as i type. i hope it cleans up a bit. see ya on the sand....