2010 KSUSA Titles in Huntington Beach

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

joe
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by joe »

Lots of photos from the event by Joel Mayer and Dan Wyman are available at:
http://californiasurfpix.com
CONTIKI
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

CONTEST

Post by CONTIKI »

Nice work...
*WAVES ARE OF THE ESSENCE*
5 SUMMER STORIES
barry

results

Post by barry »

what.....
still no updates or results :shock:
weak sauce :?
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

Bil Lerner 1st, Jack Beresford 2nd Ler 3r and Bob Gove 4th
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
Jack Beresford

results

Post by Jack Beresford »

EQ took the AA final
Greg Shewman won AAA
Shaun Murphy got the wave of the event and won the junior final
Evan Odom won the super-grom heat
Cynthia Wornham is our new womens division champ!
"Kneelo Cove" (HB) won the team event

Congrats to Billy "The Mayor" Lerner and all the finalists - thanks to all who came and made it a great event. Tons of photos and recap to come. I'm off to Disneyland!

Jack
randiego

Post by randiego »

Steeno wrote:Bil Lerner 1st, Jack Beresford 2nd Ler 3r and Bob Gove 4th
Wow Steen you were quick on the draw mate 8) did you have someone on the inside? :wink:

Big congrats to the new USA Champ (and Blacks Crew member), Bill Lerner! :P

Great event, as usual! The heats went very smoothly and once the again the surf really cooperated on the final day! :D
(With the exception of that AA Final) :evil:

Kudos to Tom Linn and Ed Dimick for a smoothly run contest - your efforts and hard work are very much appreciated!
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
HALFMANRIPS/MIKE GARRETT

thanks

Post by HALFMANRIPS/MIKE GARRETT »

SUPER THANKS AGAIN !
great event & great friends :lol:

PS. THE WATER WAS NOT THAT BAD IN SHORTS :twisted:

KEEP ON RIPPIN !!!!!!!
Bob

Post by Bob »

Did Gavin surf?

Did John Mel win the oldies?
greg "swivel"
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by greg "swivel" »

:D 8) :D Thanx KSUSA for faciliting the event and to all involved in orginizing,and putting on the contest/festival. I am sure it took alot of planning and executing and cutting thru HB'z beurocratic red tape, in getting this venue and running it so smoothly and proffesionallya special Thanx to Big Tony for a stellar job,for all hiz time putting it together for us at Dukes,all the shwag and the hard work with Primo keepin the boyz Primed,and all of the behind the scene work and az alwayz, a Great Freind! :wink:
I had a Blast ....
(well would have liked to have won that "Blast" BoB :lol: ) and waz so stoked to met all you guyz and the genuine warm welcome I received from every single one of you! You made me feel part of,and I look foward to in my travelz or yourz meeting and shredding and sharing some Barrelz Alwayz up for both road tripz and serious exotic expoditionz in quest of the uncrowded barrelz in places you never wanna come home from 8) Thanx again to ALL and Peace to ALL! and until then

:shock: 8) "Be Seein Ya From The Inside Lookin Out" 8) :shock:
:roll: :lol: ~GreG "swivel" Holtz~ :lol: :roll:
BillL

Post by BillL »

I want to thank Gavin, Barry and Tom for not showing up!! There were no age divisions at this event so John Mel competed with the rest of us and put on a fine flowing performance as usual, he's a class act.
I want to thank KSUSA for continually putting on such stellar events both in and out of the water.There is always such a good vibe flowing, it has evolved into a great family. HB was going off,it was great seeing so many tube rides. There was a standup contest going on at the same time on the south end of the peak and we were putting them to shame when it came to riding the barrel. Shaun Murphy, Don Harris, Wayne Kopit, the Robertson brothers and bunch of other guys pulled into some shacks! Special thanks to Tom Linn for timing the semis and finals at the best possible window for conditions, we really scored good waves during our heats, his local knowledge really paid off. Special mention should go to all the juniors, they were killing it, we do have a future!
I quit surfing contests after I graduated college in 1984 and the last final I was in was at HB, so it's been quite a while! I started to surf the KSUSA contests when the boys started them in 2003 but never did very well in them and I was getting pretty apathetic about them. But Brad Colwell ,Randy Morris, Bob Gove and Jack Beresford kept pestering me to keep it up and not take it so seriously . I'm glad they perservered and want to thank them for not giving up on me. It's been a very memorable experience and I'm sincerely grateful to all of you guys.
Steeno

Post by Steeno »

legend 8)
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

What a great event. We were fortunate Mother Nature smiled upon us this weekend :D The sand bar just focused and compressed the swell perfectly; even with a mega 7' high tide there were high performance waves!

The stoke was everywhere. The juniors shone brightly and were the highlight. Sean, Chris, Sam, and Sebastian were killing it.

It was exciting watching all the great surfing. I was especially stoked for Bill L and Greg Shew in their wins, and seeing Ler surf the open finals. These guys have greatly influenced my surfing. Surfing the team comp as part of Team Kneelo Cove with MaxB, MarkR, and Shewie was really fun.

Catching up with old friends and making new ones is a big part of this event. Hosting it at our "local" meant non-surfing friends, my wife, Diane, and my Mom and Dad could watch, a very nice bonus.

Thanks to all the sponsors, TomB, TomL, MarkR, DonH, SamC, JackB, Dukes,EQ, BigT, and all who surfed.
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

big congrats Bill. the recognition is well due. 8) 8)
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

To give everyone an idea of how far the Juniors have come, they took second in the Team Event out of six teams. Some suspected the result was rigged in favor of the Kneelo Cove guys because the prize for winning the team event was a case of Primo beer for each team member. The Juniors were frothing at the thought of winning a case of beer each when their average age was only 18.

Could it be that the Don and Mark decided to give 2nd to the Juniors to avoid controversy over WHO GETS THE BEER!!!
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

More photos at

see open finals footage at http://hbkneelo10.com/ love the sound of the crowd and annoucer in the background.

Also see more photos at
http://www.lymanphotos.sbpix.com/lyman/ ... index.html

and at lymanphotos.com