woolongong comp

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

jamie
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by jamie »

Thanks for the response Russ.
Glad to here the event well, i was fishing for a response to Matts win, and still getting no bites!

Councils, sponsors, politics and logistics aside I am pretty sure Bendalong would have had better waves than thirroul last weekend and on many others.
Jamie
Anthony B

Post by Anthony B »

Thanks Russ
stevea

woolongong comp

Post by stevea »

Great shots Steeno every picture tells a story in this case the only story

Jamie i was thinking the same was keen to read up on who did what and who got where

I guess the sponsors will be besides themselves that the new judging system went well and will be lining up for next year when they might get a little exposure who were they again

Congratulations to those who competed and provided the platform to those who triumphed who were they again
albert
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by albert »

jamie wrote:Thanks for the response Russ.
Glad to here the event well, i was fishing for a response to Matts win, and still getting no bites!
I have to say that MattG was the in form surfer of the entire event, every single time he went out there he bashed the s*&^ out of every wave he could get his hands on. A very well deserved win!

The judging system was a great asset to have, knowing where you stood in a heat is a great thing, it either motivates you to pull your finger out or helps you relax. Once again I would like to apologise to anyone who was unlucky enough to be in the same judging panel as myself. I know I am a pain. Luckily, after last weekend and a little paperwork I will be a certified judge and at least I will have some credentials behind me when I start raving in the judging tent in the future...

...and Yes Jamie... I too would like Bendalong to come back!
Kev

Post by Kev »

are there any photos ?
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Hey Kev, your back in town, did you get a surf in Monday morning? Great to meet you and get to know you better as it was to meet all the Vicco guys (quality bunch). Photo's by Johnny Cullen I believe will be up on his web site some time in the future when he gets time off from running his businesses, Steen only got a couple of usable shots, Paul Satchel & his good wife also took shots but I'm not sure where you could get access to those - he runs a photographic business so maybe one of the Newcastle guys could chime in with some info there?
Stevea - The relevant sponsors I have been in contact with and are all happy with the way things have gone and are aware that this is the first of many to come in Wollongong.
We have Rob & crew over in WA due back soon so the KSA website should be up & running soon & I'm sure there will be a report & photo's posted there soon (we all have lives outside of kneeboarding & sometimes it gets busy out here in the real world). I/m lucky that I have access to a computer in my job and that I can get a few minutes to get on this site to be able to check whats going on - I believe that will be happening less & less as time goes on.

Cheers Wolruss
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

John Cullens' website is as follows:

http://web.mac.com/johnshelley/www.reef ... lbums.html

& I checked, he has some photo's up already.

Cheers Wolruss

P.S. his site takes a while to load so please be patient.
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Oh yes, I miss Bendalong too, love the place actually and the comps there, but things move on and as the Aussie circuit gets larger it needs to be held in places that attract the revenue required to let that happen - again this my own personal view and doesn't reflect that of any official within the KSA. Maybe someone has a constructive idea that they can pass along to their relevent club official or Surfers rep (Mark McCleod) as to how we can incorporate Bendy back into the lives of those that love the place ????

Cheers Wolruss
Last edited by wolruss on Thu May 13, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamie

Post by jamie »

Hey Russ,
thanks for your comments again.
My motivation for posting was to get some comments regarding matt G's win, rather than have the pretense it almost did not happen.
see my PM
Thanks Albert for your comments and I wont mention that you came ..........
Hopefully you had your eye on the prize and one day the waves will be yours to get the result you deserve.
Jamie
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Thanks Jamie, Matty G is an awesome surfer and should be lauded as one, as are the other finalists - it's just a pity there is only four spots in the final, Chayno, Baden, Glen etc are also phenomenal surfers so for Matty to prevail on the day speaks for itself. "My God" was going off, Albert ripping and of course Kyle (Mr Smoothness) was doing his usual great moves.

Cheers Wolruss
Kev

Post by Kev »

wolruss wrote:... your back in town, did you get a surf in Monday morning? ...
yep and yep
Mick and I got a wave at Austinmer ... after driving all the way to Stanwell and deciding it was a better wave back where we started
I think we may have missed the best of it
and Mick got some more waves on his way home north

Mick did get some pics of the event

KSA site is not working yet

congats to Matt - here was great

and congats to Mark for being in the final - he couldn't stop smiling :D
Hammer Slammer
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Hammer Slammer »

those express boards must be working well for matt