woolongong comp

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

wolruss
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by wolruss »

Just got word from Smurf that Wollongong Council has finally approved the permit for the Wollongong comp. for 8th & 9th May. Keep posted to the KSA site for confirmation and further details.

Cheers Wolruss
Kev

Post by Kev »

KSA site has been updated with entry forms

http://www.kneeboardsurfaustralia.com/
PDF
http://www.kneeboardsurfaustralia.com/e ... %20pdf.pdf
DOC
http://www.kneeboardsurfaustralia.com/e ... 0entry.doc

quote from the entry form

ENTRY FORMS WITHOUT SURFING AUSTRALIA
MEMBERSHIP NUMBERS WILL NOT BE INCLUDED. NO EXCEPTIONS.

I did an online membership entry with Surfing Australia
https://www.surfingviconline.com.au/app ... ership.php
and have received my membership card

There is NO Membership Number

I rang the office at Torquay the next working day and they told me there are NO membership numbers in future

I also complained that I could NOT register as a Kneeboarder
you can only choose between
Longboarder Member
or
Shortboarder Member
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Beat me to it, Kev, don't know what the story is with Surfing Australia - I have my current Surfing Australia card with a number and have just placed a call to Surfing Australia and left a message on the message bank (surf must be up in Maroubra) so I'll try and get the low down and get in contact with you as soon as I can.

Cheers Wolruss
Kev

Post by Kev »

wolruss wrote:I have my current Surfing Australia card with a number ...
is that card current ... new for this year ?

thanks for all the help

as soon as I get the entry form and money order away
I can book a camp site

Is the Corrimal Beach Tourist Park a fair bet for proximity to the Comp Site
or is one of the others a better bet
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Kev, the card actually expires June this year, so what your saying could well be the they're going, that being the case said we may need to relook at how to verify Surfing Australia membership (maybe surfing australia have already measures in place) for future comps.
Your closest Tourist Park would be Bulli Tourist Park as the comp most likely will be held at Thirroul (weather conditions allowing) if not it won't be far from there.
Will let you know what S.Australia says when I connect with them.

Cheers Wolruss
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Kev, as yet I haven't heard back from Surfing Australia, but I have just finshed talking to John Clingan, who wasn't aware of the Surfing Vic issue. He has suggested that Surfing Vic members that want to compete in any KSA event to write their expiry date where the membership number is required on the entry form, bring along your membership card to the event, meanwhile John will request a list of financial members not only from Surfing Victoria but will have them sent to him from Surfing NSW/Qld as well.
It is very important to be financial as insurance issues are covered if by some stroke of bad luck something should occur.
Very importantly this has bought to light the need to be financial for the qualifying events to be able to qualify for the Wolrd Titles.
Hope this helps.
If there are any further points that anyone would like cleared up, please contact either John Clingan or Smurf whose numbers are on the official KSA site, thanks guys, keep ya hair wet.

Cheers Wolruss
MALLEE BULL
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Forms

Post by MALLEE BULL »

Surfing NSW is doing the same thing with their registration form.
Long or shortboard :(
LOVE FIXING UP OLD BOARDS
AND STAINED GLASS WINDOWS
Johnboy Walton
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Johnboy Walton »

Kev wrote:I did an online membership entry with Surfing Australia
https://www.surfingviconline.com.au/app ... ership.php
and have received my membership card

There is NO Membership Number

I rang the office at Torquay the next working day and they told me there are NO membership numbers in future

I also complained that I could NOT register as a Kneeboarder
you can only choose between
Longboarder Member
or
Shortboarder Member
at least you got a card, I signed up some 7wks ago and still haven't seen s#$t - it took them 3mths last time I joined.

given the role the kneeboard played in the 'short board revolution', I obviously chose longboarder :wink:
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Yea, I know what you mean John, but when it came to me competing at a Coffs event and I still hadn't got my card it only took a phone call and got all the info that was required, so there are ways around it. I've got no idea what the work load is for those guys so I'm not going to comment on the efficiency of it all except to say that if I needed any info they were only to happy to help.
Mal, I would have chosen shortboarders, after all our kneeboards are relatively short especially compared to some of those aircraft carriers I've seen "mis-piloted" out there, was there any mention that the shortboard section were those poor misinterpreted standup sheep or us elite kneeboard type chargers ?? :lol: :lol:

It's all good, and things are changing for the better slowly, but they are happening.

Cheers Wolruss
feralmick

Post by feralmick »

G`day Russ, Kev, in 3 years i`ve received 1 card from Surfing Qld and 3 t-shirts.
Doesn`t help that my membership falls due at the same time as the Quicksilver pro at Snapper.
I payed online this year, printed out the receipt and sent it along with my W`gong entry form. Hoping that will be satisfactory, as i`ve been looking forward to this holiday all year.
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

G'day Mick, mate, you got 3 'T'shirts....I'm gonna sign up with your mob... the receipt should do the trick but as I say I'm sure John will get a list of financial members from each state after entries close & cross reference them to ensure validity, so that we're all on an even pegging (that is until we hit the water)

Cheers Wolruss
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

:shock: :shock: 8) 8) 3 WEEKS 'TIL THE WOLLONGONG COMP. FOLKS........there will be a meeting at Gilmores Hotel Coniston at 7.00pm friday 7th May :!: :!: Great Bistro, great food, get to meet the head judge & contest director as well as fellow competitors and fine tune where the actual comp will be held...Thirroul or Thirroul...ahem.
The best way to get there is to google "Gilmore's Hotel Coniston" and click on google maps. :D :D Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Cheers Wolruss
Kev

Post by Kev »

thanks Rus

seems a long way from where I booked a site
hope I did the right thing going to Bulli Beach Tourist Park
but then a drive from Cows to Woolamai Beach may seem far if you didn't know Phillip Island
MJ

Post by MJ »

ditto
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

How can you guys have a comp where there are no waves? :roll:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction