woolongong comp

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

wolruss
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by wolruss »

Lot's of drinking involved, Mike, then .....who can trust a drunk to give an honest appraisal....hic....we'll just have to get the tankers to do another run and surf the wake...

Cheers Wolrusssssss
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

:shock: :shock: 8) This coming weekend the Wollongong Pro will be held at Thirroul on the 8th & 9th May, looking forward to seeing everyone again and hopefully a few waves will hit our beaches to provide the usual exciting surfing we've come to expect from the Australian Circuit 8) 8) . If this last weekend past is anything to go by we will have some great surf, have'nt seen my local break like that in a long while :shock: 8) :D (I hope not a week prematurely).

Cheers Wolruss

PS. hopefully with Slats away someone will step up to the mark and take some shots of the weekend....ahem.....Steeno...are you doing anything next weekend at all buddy.......pal...... :oops:
Kev

Post by Kev »

yep
packing the van today and leaving
so this is the last bit of info I'll see before the weekend
... meeting at Gilmores Hotel Coniston at 7.00pm friday 7th May

I'm off to an ordinary start as I got speared in the thigh by a drop in at HoneySuckle yesterday
pain, PAIN !!! and blood but no stitches and no board damage(lucky)
so I've got a wobbly leg with zero strength at the moment.
Still very excited to meet everyone
good luck to all
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

:D Onya Kev, :oops: :roll: I'm nursing a black eye, a very sore and puffy nose, crick in the neck and a slight case of concussion from my board showing me whose boss :shock: on the weekend so we'll be able to trade stories. :D Looking forward to seeing you all on Friday night at Gilmores.

Cheesr Wolruss
randiego

Post by randiego »

Sounds fun! How does the forecast look?
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Randiego, forecast is for virtually flat saturday :roll: , rising sunday - lets hope they're wrong again :roll:

Cheers Wolruss
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

no waves here :lol:
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
Kev

Post by Kev »

Steeno wrote:no waves here :lol:
you keep saying that
but all those cool pictures ?
Johnboy Walton
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Johnboy Walton »

best of luck to all those entered in the comp.

I won't be there this time around, but will be hanging in Jervis the following week if crew are in the area.
albert

Post by albert »

From Swellnet's forecast;

Saturday 8th May
Small mix of S'ly groundswell and E/NE swell with 1-2ft waves across open beaches for most of the day, ahead of a new E/NE groundswell building to 2-3ft by dark. Light to moderate W/SW winds with moderate SE sea breezes.

Sunday 9th May
Mix of new E/NE groundswell and smaller S'ly groundswell with 2-3ft+ waves across open beaches during the morning, easing later. Light W/NW winds with NE sea breezes. Possible late increase in SE swell due on Monday.
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Thanks Albert, at least thats a little more positive than I've been looking at, might have to break out the surf rescue board and compete on that....
bloody Rob Rennie's already got that one wired :roll:

Cheers Wolruss
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Swellnet - today's report

Thursday 6th May
Small levels of short-range S'ly swell around 1-2ft across south facing beaches. Moderate W/SW winds, tending S'ly during the day.

Friday 7th May
Mix of short-range S'ly swell around 1-2ft across south facing beaches and building levels of E/NE swell across open beaches to 1-2ft during the a'noon. Light to moderate W'ly winds tending variable during the a'noon.

Saturday 8th May
Small mix of S'ly groundswell and E/NE swell with 1-2ft waves across open beaches for most of the day, ahead of a new E/NE groundswell building to 2-3ft by dark. Light to moderate W/SW winds with moderate SE sea breezes.

Sunday 9th May
Mix of new E/NE groundswell and smaller S'ly groundswell with 2-3ft+ waves across open beaches during the morning, easing later. Light W/NW winds with NE sea breezes. Possible late increase in SE swell due on Monday.
:roll: :roll:
Pretty much the same, Albert, but somehow it looks a lot more hopeful than it did yesterday. Managed to borrow my old Parkesy off Frenchy (the one Dave shaped for me for my 50th) that excels in small surf - :idea: that and a Metabo cordless drill with a propeller fan attachment strapped to the back of the board should do the trick...Look out John O'Niell (current vet's Wolrd champ),Neil Owen,Smurf'lls, Jimmy Brown and all you other vets...I'll super glue the wheels of your zimmer frames so you can't get to the shore line :twisted: :twisted:

:lol: :lol: Cheers to all,
see you there, Wolruss
MALLEE BULL
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by MALLEE BULL »

Russ that must be a really old board then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOVE FIXING UP OLD BOARDS
AND STAINED GLASS WINDOWS
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Hey Mallee, a little "horth withperer thaid" that you might be having health problems, hope your OK mate, woulda been good to see you & Liam this weekend but you get yourself back on deck...... By the way I bounced off the 50 mark and am now counting backwards, you old fart I'm only 46 now :D

Cheers Wolruss
MJ

Post by MJ »

Are we there yet?
Bloody hell it's a long drive.