Information for 2010 KSUSA Titles Contestants

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Tom Linn
Legend (Contribution King!)

Information for 2010 KSUSA Titles Contestants

Post by Tom Linn »

The KSUSA Titles will start at 7:00AM sharp on Friday with the largest field of Open and Juniors contestants in our history. The contest will be run in two areas on Friday and one area on Saturday. On Friday we will have two areas adjacent to the south side of the HB Pier. Because we are running two areas on Friday, the movement thru the heats will happen VERY FAST. The entire first round of the Open will be completed by 9:30 Friday morning and subsequent advancements in the AA, AAA and later rounds of the Open will occur twice as fast as in the past as a result of running two areas instead of one.

What this means is that all contestants need to be ready to go first thing Friday morning. Also, check both areas for your heat advancements and stay close to the contest site to hear your name when it is called.

Expect to surf alot, as we are putting two days of contest time into one day. We hope to be finished for the day around 3:00 PM.

Saturday will be a little more relaxed with only one area running.

If you are entered in the event and can't make it for some reason, please PM me ASAP so that we can move one of the alternates into your spot. I'm sure they will stoked because of your courtesy.

Good weather and fun waves are forecast. Should be a great two days of hanging with the bros on the beach (to me, a contest is just an excuse and motivation to hang out with my kneelo bros all day and go surfing).
greg "swivel"
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by greg "swivel" »

Thanx 4 the update Tom :D and incouraging words,az I am one of the alternates. :shock: Your integrity,and courtesy to our fellow Kneelo Brahdaz and guest iz an esteemable and inspirational example, that I am proud to follow and be apart of KSUSA and Stoked for this gathering of the Best Knee Boarderz in the World :lol: If there iz anything I can do to contribute or be of service pleaze call me az I live right up the street from the event.714 594 3065 / 949 439 1691
Looking 4ward to meeting up and reuniting with friendz and hearing everyonez adventurez and sharing stories 8)
~Be Seein ya From the Inside Lookin Out~ ~Greg Holtz~aka "Swivel" 8)
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

A few more bits of information about the contest format:

Heats will be 20 minutes, best 2 waves are scored. Four men per heat, top two advance. Single elimination. Finals will be 30 minutes.

In the Open, 16 heats first round, 8 heats second round, quarters, semis and final. I have seen the prelim heat assignments. Every heat looks competitive starting in the first round. We have come a long way in terms of improving the quality of our surfing since our first event 7 years ago.

First 32 to drop out of the Open go to the AA. Next 16 to drop out of the Open go to the AAA. Top 16 in Open do not surf in the AA or AAA.

Juniors opens with four heats, the semi's, then final. We have also come along way with the Juniors. This has become a significant and competitive division.

The Open looks to be extremely competitive as does the Juniors.