Ma n Pa comp

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

Riq, i will be at noosa for a week in march, would be cool to chat
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
analbirth
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by analbirth »

yeah 2m swell with east winds, bring your lumpy swell board
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
feralmick
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by feralmick »

Moffat`s is sheltered from the predicted ESE winds.
The finals will more than likely be held there on Sunday. Last year the finals were held there in 4-6ft clean conditions, good waves and top surfing.
Saturday will be a different story depending on where we surf, winds are often light and variable early.
Looking forward to a good weekend watching some quality surfing.
Kev

Post by Kev »

good luck to all that enter
8)

hope Wanderer's back is on the mend - seeya soon
Shelfbreak

Post by Shelfbreak »

Just had a look at the surf, fresh SE winds and the swell hasn't really built yet. It's maybe 2 to 3ft at Moffats but more suited to mals at this stage. Supposed to kick a bit tomorrow.

Some ok waves at Neil Street (Kev you've surfed there). Ann Street is a bit blown out.
Shelfbreak
feralmick

Post by feralmick »

G`day Anthony, surfed Ti Tree Thursday arv. Picked up while i was out to 3ft with 4-5ft sets. Wind picked up also to 20 knots.
Friday morning has picked up to 4-6 ft, se winds up but not as bad, swinging from sw.
I imagine Saturday morning will be similar.
Riq dekneelo

Post by Riq dekneelo »

This is not a viable competition training regime.
Drvoe up Tas east coast Sunday arvo, left Tassie monday morning, left Mlebourne after having tyre fixed, headed to the nation's capital to see some clients got into Newcastle wednesday morning 1am. sloped about while the surf was crap, had a rollicking good family barbie with younger bro and family ,left newc heading north on thursday after checking out a photographic exhibition of newcastle surfing history at the city library, got to the upper bo bo ( the hills behind coffs harbour) last night to see a good mate, drove up the map today via angourie :? just got home. haven't unpacked the car yet..Found there was a six pack of green coopers in the fridge Yippee

Contest call at 6:00am at Moffats , someone order me a double shot expresso and a massage.

hi Steeno,
call us when you get into Noosa in march. I'm a little way from the beach but the view is good and the fridge is full
:D , just got home so I'm working on that :D

Mick,
Ti Tree going off...... really? Checked angourie on the way through today and aside from the horizontal rain that decided to appear the surf was very ordinary, lumpy not linking up and windy....
:lol: See you tomorrow.
Cheers
Riq
Riq de(Carvalho) Kneelo
change the only constant or the board is not the limitation
Shelfbreak

Post by Shelfbreak »

The kneeboard heats and semis were run at Ann Street reef with 3 to 4ft of swell (odd bigger one) and a bit of water moving about. Wind was light offshore at first , went fresh onshore but backed off a bit later in the morning.

It's a cliche but we saw some good surfing on waves that wern't always cooperative. Our finalists are: Gavin Colman, Gary Slater, Drew Abdy and Marcus Hague.

Final will be held at 12:30 pm at Moffats on Sunday.

AB and Barry Mantel surfed well in their semis having won their heats but couldn't find that one good wave needed to progress. Micheal Watkins surfed consistently and place third in his semi. Glen Bitton surfed hard but couldn't build momentum as several of his waves shut down across the mid section of the reef.

Brian Gordon took out the consolation final for the second year in a row and is gaining a reputation as a fellow that flys under the radar.
Shelfbreak
feralmick

Post by feralmick »

Top job Shelfbreak, like to say a Big Thanks for all the work you put in organising this weekend, and our pointscores each month.
Had some waves at Cartwright`s this arv with Byron & Mick-topped off a good day.
There were pleanty of standouts today including yourself, and i have pictures of everyone to prove it.
Took over 350 pics but have only looked at about 50 so far. A portrait or 2 of most people and pleanty of surf shots-the few i`ve looked at so far came out well.
It`ll take me several days to go through them, delete, crop & resize. When i`m done i will put them on a disc, so if any of the competitors want a copy they can pm or email me with their contact details.
Looking forward to tommorrow.
albert

Post by albert »

results?
Riq dekneelo

Post by Riq dekneelo »

Congratulations to the winners . Many thanks to the sunny coast crew & windansea for organising this comp.
I was glad to make it out and even happier to make it back to shore, the sweep was deceptive and the boys reckoned I was heading toward noosa.
It was a lot of fun to paddle out in this comp, even if Anne St was doing its impression of a washing machine.
What can I say about my performance, despite getting a good coffee at the muster, I was disappointing and disappointed
I think my habit of throwing my arms in the air ( look judges not a rail grab), laughing at my luck ( getting onto a wave), before totally face-planting may have something to do with it
:lol: or my tendency to bury the nose up to my armpits...
don't think I'll go straight into a comp after driving for 5 days in the near future, also a little more match fitness wouldn't go astray.
Really nice to see guys surfing well and Gavin displayed that talent that the best have of making it all seem effortless. Smooth as 8) 8)
Well done Sunshine Coast.
:D :D
Riq de(Carvalho) Kneelo
change the only constant or the board is not the limitation
Shelfbreak

Post by Shelfbreak »

Congratulations to Gavin Colman for winning the kneeboard division of the 2010 Pa and Ma Bendall Memorial Contest.

Well done to the other finalists, Marcus Hague who took second, Drew Abdy third and Gary Slater in fourth.

Gavin was also awarded highest scoring wave of the contest which was a nice accolade for the kneeboard contingent.

The final was surfed at Moffats with reasonable 3ft rights coming through. Pleasant warm conditions saw a good crowd for all the finals with Matt Clarke from Northshore winning the open mens and Charlie Roach (Maroochydore) taking out the open womens.

Thanks to all who entered, particularly Gavin, Glen, Brian and AB who travelled up for the event. Thanks also to everyone who helped out, judged and turned up to watch the heats, semis and the final.

I would also like to acknowledge the contribution of Robert ‘Bushy’ Mitchell, former president and lifetime member of WindanSea Boardriders for his commitment to the club and longstanding interest in the kneeboard fraternity. It was nice to be on hand when Bushy presented Gavin with his trophy for the kneeboard title.

WindanSea appreciates the ongoing support of its valued sponsors as they continue to ensure that this event runs successfully.
Shelfbreak
feralmick

Post by feralmick »

in the Albums there is a sub category, 2010 Pa & Ma bendall contest.

started putting in pics, hopefully i`ll have one of everyone who surfed by the end of the week.