Tahiti Worlds - Team USA

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

Hey eric
I feel the same as you, I wish I was going, its the first I have missed for a long time.
Albert was here this arvo to borrow some slips that go between your boards in your board bag, making me feel jealous. We where chatting about organising an invitational kneelo challenge that would consist of 16 invited kneelos from around the world. A list that would be decided from an international list of names that would be voted on by users of this site and others, to find the top 16 kneelo's surfer's choice to who would compete, the invitees would only have to pay their way here and then would be taken care of, for 2 weeks accomadation and surfing. The format would be to surf everyday, and at the end of the day all kneelo's would vote for who they thought was the best performer on the day, you have to name your top five for the day, without nominating yourself. 5 Judges also would pick their best performer for the day, to round out what you and the other kneelo's may have missed whilst in the water. But everyone votes. 4 or 5 days are nominated also as the best days to perform over the two weeks, (which judges and competitiors both vote for aswell) and only these 4 or 5 days will count towards the overall winners of the challenge, via a points system. It would be ideal to have money's awarded completely through the 16 picked by voters, in incremental postions, that you would finish in. Southern NSW heading into winter is a great place to score good waves of various challenges, over a two week period.
The whole thing could be filmed and documented, showing the characters behind our sports on an international level, and marketed to a range of sports channel to show the world something about kneeboarding. If grown men riding mini bikes can make movies and show off there best, so can we, with ease, let's kneep kneelos alive

who wants to help?

:D
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
red
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by red »

Steen

Like your format.
Top 16 (32?) format can use a skins format. Contest entries into the pot. Winner takes all.

Been thinking of similar format for the Friday before the PI Classic.
More of a gathering and celebration than contest. No vests. No score sheets.
2 groups of riders. 1/2 hour in the water. Best surfers in 1st group voted by popular consent of 2nd group and vice versa.
Last 1/2 hour best riders of both groups surf off with the rest "judging" (taking the piss, more likely)
Video the whole thing - show it at the PI contest draw that night.

How about a big wave challenge for Easter reef? (count me out).
scoop

Post by scoop »

Steen

I'd love to get involved somehow

Not surfing but at another level

Keep me posted

Tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
Jack Beresford

scrimmage 3

Post by Jack Beresford »

Thanks to everyone who showed for scrimmage 3! In spite of lousy waist-high surf and an onshore drizzle we had a stoked crew of 10 turn out to give it their best and say goodbyes to the lucky bunch going to Tahiti.

Ler had it going early - catching more than his share and riding that "black thing" forwards, backwards and sideways to win heat 1. Ed found the open faces in heat 2 and narrowly knocked off Ler. I used a variety of 360s to win heat 3 and Billy and I shared the honors in heat 4 - we'll have to settle that at Blacks after I get back (maybe you can teach me how to do those e-rollos). Honorable mention to Darcy for knocking off a few of the guys in her heats. She's definitely ready.

TEAM (KS)USA shirts arrived Saturday and they look great! A limited supply are available for sale on the site. Support KSUSA by buying a shirt!
Jack Beresford
Jack Beresford

outahere

Post by Jack Beresford »

My final post before Tahiti is a thank you to KSUSA for supporting us through the Web site, scrimmages, team gear and many words of encouragement. The build up to this event has been so much different from any I've gone to before - the result of an incredible stoke running through the worldwide Kneeboard community We've got a great crew headed for Tahiti and, in spite of our advanced age, I think we may surprise some people.

Safe travel to all our international competitors - we look forward to sharing a few beers with you upon arrival. We're excited about rekindling old friendships and rivalries - as well as making many new friends!

Manuia!
(to your health)
Jack Beresford
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Luck and happiness to all our Team USA competitors. Do us proud!

We'll all be on our knees, saying a little prayer.........well, at least well be on our knees....... surfing somewhere, and will let a wave go by in honor of Team USA.

Have fun,
Dan
kbing since plywood days
MWROBERTSON

Tahiti

Post by MWROBERTSON »

What you say is so true! NOW GO GET EM!
Nov
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Nov »

Im sitting in auckland waiting for the plane to tahiti!
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Best of Luck to TEAM USA! You guys are ready-have a Blast!!
albert

Post by albert »

so far so good, jack has been ripping and i finally have a chance to get on the site without having to use a french keyboard. this place is beautiful and if EQ was here he would have gotten his butt kicked by yours truly...

the waves are pretty good here, the beachbreak/reef thing we are surfing has produced some pretty powerful sections ...

there are dayly updates on kneeboardtahiti.com so check it out.

gotta go, got a heat against parkes in a couple of hours.

see ya

albert
Jafo
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Jafo »

Keep up the good work -- We're rooting for a great showing from the North American/Caribbean contingent!
ScottMac

Tahiti Worlds - Team USA

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

It's great to see the site updated.
I was a bit surprised not to see the South Africans.
Also, where are the Simpsons? The seed/draw shows ALL of the competitors... right?
MWROBERTSON

Tahiti

Post by MWROBERTSON »

What's that website address again?
ScottMac

address

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.