Tahiti Worlds - Team USA

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

DarcyM
Legend (Contribution King!)

contest update

Post by DarcyM »

just a short note to all -

the contest is on in somewhat marginal conditions. the aussies are putting on a good show in the opens. our guys have been advancing but struggling in choppy, shifty, sometimes weak waves. Jack is still in the main event, and surfing really well. weather has been cloudy with some rain, and sideshore winds not helping out much. The hosts put on an impressive opening ceremony, and everyone is really nice. First couple of days were marred by some gear getting ripped off at the dorms and the contest site. the contest will probably be over early, then we get to explore some other breaks.

more to follow ...
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

Darcy-
Sounds like a great adventure.
I'm so bummed you guys got ripped off... I warned the freezin' Ricans about the petty crime over there, but I should have posted it here as well.

Todays results were a bit hard to read... Keep us posted.

EQ

P.S. I've got $50 for anyone who Baby Oils Albert's board.
scoop

Post by scoop »

SFKneelo

Looks like there were only 46 competitors in the opens...though a couple of no-shows as well
I think you will see more competitors in the age divisions as an entry fee was required for each division entered (we only have one here in oz)
he results are hard to understand strait away cause it looks like they have the finalists but still running repos...we will see soon enough though

they all look to be having a great time
I hope you didnt lose anything Darcy....what happened to the security they are suppose to have?????

the pics i have seen look great

Keep up the great work guys

cheers

Tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

Hey bob
The Simpsons are here with me, dreaming. They have both been a little dissalusioned with comps and are heading of to Indo shortly for 4 weeks of barrels, I am going to Hawaii in 8 weeks for a work conference and to see Bud

world titles and there smaller than our own Pro comps, bit of a bummer, Bummer I could not be there. and one of the biggest purses in kneelo history to be fought out between realistically 6 guys. gees.

getting ripped off is always a bummer when your at home, but even worse when you are over seas. Sorry to here that Darcy

Say gday to everyone.

:D
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
john -

Post by john - »

the uk kneeboard site has great coverage of the contest
merely labled
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Steeno, Tony,

I knew Steeno wasn't going... the Simpsons were a bit of a surprise. Looking forward to seeing some great pix from Indo.

It's a bit like that over here as well. Some of those that might have gone to the Worlds ended up at the USSF contest. There's definitely 'top shelf' competitors over there.

Would have loved to have been there for the experience myself. I'm still excited about watching the progress daily over the web. Definitely keeping me interested in the midst of our junk surf season...
As a matter of fact... I'm dying to know... I'm off to check the site (& the UK site!)
Burnwater
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Burnwater »

Big time congratulations to Darcy for winning the women's title. Way to bring home the gold.
tread lightly, lean forward, leave a clean trail.
scoop

Post by scoop »

burnwater

It is a best of three...I'm sure she will but still 2 to go matee though as an aussie I have to wish Cathy all the best too.... I feel after seeing both of them surf either could grab the gold

cheers

Tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
Jon Manss

Post by Jon Manss »

Hi Tony
Hey where are you getting your contest results? I'm on the Tahaitii contest page but I can't see anything past June 30. Jon
scoop

Post by scoop »

jon

on the Tahiti site

home page and click on date....though looks to be a day behind...

they dont call me scoop for nothing.....lol

tony
Burnwater

Post by Burnwater »

Scoop,
Thanks for the correction. My wishful thinking got ahead of my eyeballs.
Sounds like the finals have the makings for some great shootouts with surfline forcasting fair to good 4' to 7' through the weekend. Go team KSUSA!
tread lightly, lean forward, leave a clean trail.
ScottMac

tahiti

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Saw that... very curious... it's definitely not like Jack to miss a heat.

The schedule mentioned Opens heats yesterday, but no results were listed.
Jafo

Post by Jafo »

From the looks of things Jack entered in several different divisions. The heat he didn't show for was for one of the age divisions, not the Open. Jack may have decided, if the waves were particularly good, to shine competiting in that category in favor of a reef free-surf elsewhere. Or he wanted to save energy for the Open. Or maybe Lucita wanted to go shopping!
Jafo

Post by Jafo »

And congrats to Darcy! Way to go! Nice cutback pic from yesterday on the contest site, too.