Qualifying for worlds 2011?

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

tpmalone

Qualifying for worlds 2011?

Post by tpmalone »

I was wondering who I need to speak with regarding info on qualifying for worlds in 2011. From what I understand I need to surf in a minimum of two events to be in good standing ? Thanks , Tim Malone
southpeakbrad
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by southpeakbrad »

Hey Tim,

Check out the homepage for a couple of paragraphs about your question. Surfing in either the 2010 or 2011 KSUSA Titles gets you the invite.

Brad
barry

Post by barry »

bought time you got onto this website Tim
Mason
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by Mason »

Hi all kneelos I would like to be a part of this World Competition but the trouble is that I'am from Hawaii and would that mean I would have to travel to the mainland to qualify for the World Competition but due to our economic downturn we are currently experiencing and because of my work that would seem impossible for me to even think of accomplishing I can probably get away from work maybe once a year and with money being tight here a few years in a row that wouldn't seem possible, is there not a seed for a Hawaiian contestant to experience the World Competition....if so to anyone please point me in the right direction, it would be a dream of mine to be there at the World Competition! Thank you all! Mason K.
"The only mistake that can keep a good man down is his defense of them"
finger
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by finger »

Good Luck Mason
I hope things work out for you.
The NZ WORLDS were fantastic. I am glad I made the effort to get there.
Mason

Post by Mason »

finger wrote:Good Luck Mason
I hope things work out for you.
The NZ WORLDS were fantastic. I am glad I made the effort to get there.
Thanks Finger, would be a dream come true for me, no matter what happened there! please anyone if you know point me in the right direction!
Mason

Post by Mason »

It wouldn't even have to be the 2011 worlds it could be the next one or whatever!
MALLEE BULL

Post by MALLEE BULL »

Maybe they will do some wild card entrys :?:
LOVE FIXING UP OLD BOARDS
AND STAINED GLASS WINDOWS
quadfin

Post by quadfin »

Mason wrote:Hi all kneelos I would like to be a part of this World Competition but the trouble is that I'am from Hawaii and would that mean I would have to travel to the mainland to qualify for the World Competition but due to our economic downturn we are currently experiencing and because of my work that would seem impossible for me to even think of accomplishing I can probably get away from work maybe once a year and with money being tight here a few years in a row that wouldn't seem possible, is there not a seed for a Hawaiian contestant to experience the World Competition....if so to anyone please point me in the right direction, it would be a dream of mine to be there at the World Competition! Thank you all! Mason K.
Have had the same situation being from Texas Mason.
Surf Hard Live Slow
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Mason & quadfin,
don't know the answer nor am I qualified to give an answer, but a possible avenue to fining out would be to contact KSI (Kneeboard Surf International) who are organising this World Tiltles event. One way of contacting them would be to click on the Wollongong Pro poster on this sites header, which will put you through to the Australian Kneeboard Surfing site (ksa) and follow the links to the World Titles site and contact them via email as to the requirements for overseas competitors. Don't know if there is contact details on this site (probably is and I haven't checked properly :oops: ).
And many thanks to the administrators of this site for displaying our Wollongong Pro comp poster on the header with the link, the co-operation and adhesiveness of the kneeboarding community through this site leads me to believe that we all have something special that others could learn from (please forgive my outwardly display of emotion I am feeling particularly warm and fuzzy on the inside this morning)

Cheers Wolruss
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

I flew out to CA. from PA. to compete in the 2007 Ventura contest so I would be qualified to compete in the 2008 Worlds in NZ. Entering the KSUSA Nationals would help you also.
Only top guys from each country get seeded, everyone else that's in it go through the trials. You really get your money's worth of competition that way! :lol: :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
jamie

Post by jamie »

Mason and Quadfin.
there are guys in Australia with similar issues, that have been ongoing for the last few world titles.
One way to work in the system is to enter(including paying the entry fee for the Us national titles)but not travel to or compete. This is acceptable in oz, suggest you contact KSUSA to see if that gets you qualified.
Hawaii is traditionally treated as a seperate entity in surfing world titles, so repping Hawaii should be enough - suggest you contact Ken stapo via KSI and maybe John Mel @ KS usa to get a ruling.

cheers
Jamie
quadfin

Post by quadfin »

Just an open question but how do you guys feel about KSUSA regional comps? I know the WSA has thrown in a few kneelo comps and possible that the TGSA/ESA would do the same. The TGSA and ESA are already sponsoring 'specialty" comps between the associations. Thinking along the lines of a Masters Team Challenge with kneelos included.
Surf Hard Live Slow
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

"One way to work in the system is to enter(including paying the entry fee for the Us national titles)but not travel to or compete. This is acceptable in oz, suggest you contact KSUSA to see if that gets you qualified. "

Jamie, on the KSA site in the presidents report it actually states the opposite:

"A reminder for Australia entrants. To qualify for entry you must have competed, not just entered, in at least 2 KSA sanctioned events over the 2010 circuit and up to March 2011. This includes a combination of any Surfing Australia state event, Ma Pa Bendall 2010 or 2011, Wollongong 2010, Phillip Is 2011, Sth Australia 2010."

Sorry to 'nit pick', but you might'nt have had a chance to read that yet.

Cheers Wolruss
jamie

Post by jamie »

no worries wolruss
i read the report last night to see what the latest requirements were for oz.
To say i was dissapointed covers it.
No doubt its being a tough year with venue and date changes on the KSA circuit, to then insist guys actually compete in events, rather than enter them as in the past is short sighted IMO.
To put the "latest" requirements for World title entry on the site 10 months before the event is ............... sorry got nothing.

Yep someone has to do the work, but it still needs to be done right.
Jamie