Qualifying for worlds 2011?

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

red
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by red »

Is it time for a cappuccino and a meatpie yet?
Lovely tagline, Mike

'nuff said
Red
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Nice, only took 10 pages for you to notice. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

johnboy, the coffs event could still be a goer JC has a possible sponsor,so stay tuned to KSA.
jdkneelo, nsw are slower
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
jdc
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by jdc »

red wrote:
Is it time for a cappuccino and a meatpie yet?
Lovely tagline, Mike

'nuff said
Red
heh red i think it was you who made me take note of the colour choices available not long ago..i must say if you are ticking over 10 pages of blah some colour provides texture
i like surfing
wolruss

World 2011

Post by wolruss »

Just about all the flags are blowing in the same direction as far as the Coffs comp is concerned with just the final word from our new sponsor to be announced so it is tentativley that I impart that the Coffs Harbour council have given the green light for access to three beaches...Diggers, McAuleys & Gallows. There may be some changes to the format such as the comp being a combined State Titles for NSW & Qld. The 4th & 5th of September have been put forward as the dates.

A lot of work has gone into arranging this last minute comp, our previous sponsors didn't let us know that they wouldn't be sponsoring us this year (after numerous forms of contact and no answers being obtained), a new sponsor had to be found, council & other governing bodies had to give approvals, accomodation deals approached .....a lot of organising doesn't explain the situation, so my hats off to John Clingan for getting this up from scratch at the last minute to a viable comp that fits in well with the years commitments. With the South Australian comp being so close it was a concern to not detract from that, as Phil Arthur has put so much work into it to become the going concern it is.

On another issue, exemptions are being reviewed as a few have been received through the correct channels, so if there are any genuine concerns for the World TitleAUSTRALIANcompetition hopefuls please submit them....through Mark McLeod (Drift On) for those that are not part of a club or through your club official for those that are.

Again the official site for the final details is the KSA site, we are hoping that entry forms and final details will be posted within the next week or so.
wolruss

2011 World Tiltles

Post by wolruss »

For overseas World Title competion hopefuls I understand that you should contact your governing Surfing organisations to find out what their requirements are, or if their is no govering surfing body to contact any of the (KSI) Kneeboard Surfing International representatives to find out what it is you need to do. The link is on this site to the KSA then follow the link to www.2011kneeboardsurfingworldtitles.com and Jim's email should be on there just click on the little yellow envelope in the top right hand corner of the page with the @ sign on it or simply go direct to
www.2011kneeboardsurfingworldtitles.com and find the little yellow envelope.
(Another senior moment - at the risk of repeating myself myself)
Cheers Wolruss

P.S. I wish to iterate that I am not a World Titles representative I am just restating what has already been said on this site & the KSA site, and as there has been some confusion with the Australian requirements being mistaken for overseas competitors that it was prudent to again repeat.
Last edited by wolruss on Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
albert

Re: World 2011

Post by albert »

wolruss wrote: On another issue, exemptions are being reviewed as a few have been received through the correct channels, so if there are any genuine concerns for the World TitleAUSTRALIANcompetition hopefuls please submit them....through Mark McLeod (Drift On) for those that are not part of a club or through your club official for those that are.

Again the official site for the final details is the KSA site, we are hoping that entry forms and final details will be posted within the next week or so.
Hey Russell,

Just to help clarify, are there other methods of getting in touch with Mark to put forward an exemption application other than PMs through ksusa? if not then potential competitors should be made aware of this (possibly if a contact email address is strategically placed in the KSA site?
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Good point Albert, but it's not up to me to put Mark's email up, maybe PM him or Rob to get that happening on the KSA site, in the meantime a PM from this site would be the first point of contact.

Cheers Wolruss
albert

Re: World 2011

Post by albert »

wolruss wrote: The 4th & 5th of September have been put forward as the dates.
Fathers day????!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
jamie

Post by jamie »

Contest to be held in 10 weeks or so.
two other contests within a 12 week period
three weak events :roll: or one strong and one growing?

The mrs and my parents :shock: are always imploring me to say nothing if you dont have something positive to say.
So i am going to say nothing or try anyway..................
Jamie
albert

Post by albert »

jamie wrote:Contest to be held in 10 weeks or so.
two other contests within a 12 week period
three weak events :roll: or one strong and one growing?

The mrs and my parents :shock: are always imploring me to say nothing if you dont have something positive to say.
So i am going to say nothing or try anyway..................
I think you just said it all Jamie...
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

ok why don't you have all the comps way down sth and be done with it then none of us pesky northerners will bother turning up to bother you :roll: :lol: :lol:
Johnboy Walton
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Johnboy Walton »

Interesting development re. the Coffs comp - which should be great for those who can attend. I imagine I wasn't the only one who couldn't do the 'gong contest due to the date change, and I have a work commitment for the proposed Coffs dates.

I've been meaning to PM Mark (since his earlier offer) and will do when I have time - not for an exemption, but to get the message through that its a qualification system lacking logic and equity, made worse by the fact 12mths before the Worlds and 2 of the 3 KSA qualifying contests didn't have firm dates ('gong and Coffs), yet there is an expectation you (as a NSW surfer) compete in 2 contests. Sure there are other comps (in reasonable traveling distance) which could qualify you, but info on who to contact and how to enter is lacking - and to be honest, these days the State titles are a bit too mickey mouse.

I would have thought the requirements would have been changed to reflect the uncertainty around the key qualification events (in NSW) - perhaps I'm expecting too much. I won't be seeking an exemption but I do intend to surf the worlds.
jamie

Post by jamie »

Not against having comps up north at all.
please organise one around your way and i will be there.
It would help if you live near the event location(30 minutes) so you can get the things done on the ground with local sponsors who might benefit from 50 odd 35 - 60 year old odd looking surfers lobbing into town for a weekend, set the dates in stone minimum of 6 mths, prefer 9 -12.
Please ask surfing Aust to run the event, there office is around the corner.

Dont plan an event 12 weeks from the date you announce its on.
Dont run an event that will eat away at the FABRIC OF TWO ESTABLISHED EVENTS by having them weeks apart.
Do contact guys nth of sydney and advise that the worlds are on Phillip Island next year and they should save their holidays and money for now and make sure they get there, no qualifying
Do go to Phillip Is and personally invite everyone to your event at lets say Hastings Point(dont expect any one to take a dump in their backyard)

Dont be suprised if with plenty of notice heaps of guys turn up and pretend they are at d bah and have a damn good time.
i tried to keep my mouth shut but you got me hook line and ....
Jamie
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

i use chemically sharpened hooks