2011 KSUSA Kneeboard Surfing Titles

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

joe
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by joe »

When: Friday, January 14th and Saturday, January 15th
Where: Huntington Beach, CA

On-Line Registration: Click Here for On-Line Registration

Event details ...
ContestSponsorsWhere to StayEnterEvent ScheduleWho's Entered

KSUSA is proud to announce the 2011 Kneeboard Surfing Titles and Kneeboard Festival will return to Huntington Beach, CA. The dates have been confirmed for Friday, January 14th and Saturday, January 15th. Registration for the event is now open.

Please save the date and plan on attending. The organizing committee is working hard to plan and insure that is it another successful event.

Results from the 2010 and 2011 KSUSA Titles will be used to rank members of Team USA at the 2011 World Titles in Philip Island Australia. Points will be awarded for all competitors based upon final results at each event. Points are cumulative.

It is anticipated that Team USA will have several surfers seeded into the Open and age divisions at Philip Island. KSUSA rankings after the 2010 and 2011 US Titles will be used for these seeds. Also, KSUSA may select up to two surfers as wild-card choices to complete the number of seeded surfers available to Team USA. This would be to account for injury or commitments that may prevent full participation in the 2010 and 2011 US Titles, and to insure the strongest team possible. All surfers earning points at the 2010 and/or 2011 US Titles are invited to join Team USA in Philip Island in March 19-26, 2011.

We have established a new KSUSA Junior Fund to raise money to cover Junior entry fees and encourage Junior participation in Kneeboard Surfing competition. The goal of the KSUSA Junior Fund is to raise enough money to cover the entry fees for all Juniors wishing to participate in the Open events, and if possible, all Junior entry fees. If additional money is raised, it will be used to sponsor US Juniors in future Kneeboard Surfing events.

KSUSA Junior Fund: Click here to sponsor a Grom
Last edited by joe on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:28 am, edited 12 times in total.
frog
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by frog »

Great...I'm there again!!
stonefish

steamer lane!

Post by stonefish »

did they name it because a steam ship hit the rock?

Stonefish Skegs would once again be honored to be among the sponsors in this tournament. ill provide sets of my fin design for the raffle. the ride up and back is worth the tube time!
KenM

Post by KenM »

Randy, the real story is where Pleasure Point gets it's name from. :lol:
Captain Kneemo fan club

Post by Craig »

Your'e cracking me up Kenny! :) Are you coming down for the contest?
KenM

Post by KenM »

Not certain Craiger but going to try to come down for one day.
Captain Kneemo fan club

Re: steamer lane!

Post by Mike Fernandez »

stonefish wrote:did they name it because a steam ship hit the rock?

Stonefish Skegs would once again be honored to be among the sponsors in this tournament. ill provide sets of my fin design for the raffle. the ride up and back is worth the tube time!
It's because the surfers pee in their wetsuits after drinking Anchorsteam beer from SF. Makes a trail in the water, or so the rumor is. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
Jon Manss

Post by Jon Manss »

OK before Mike muks up the history of Santa Cruz here's the official version of why it's called Steamer Lane.
Have you ever noticed how heavy duty our Santa Cruz wharf is? It was built to let trains run cars on it all the way to the end and dump timber cut from our hills into the ocean. These were then corralled and shipped to San Francisco to rebuild that earthquake torn city. We had no harbor so that wharf became the best port of entry here. Steam ships would unload their cargo here and the savy captain stayed away from the local reef during the winter. He knew the big winter storms would break right in the Steamer,s Lane. So the story goes. Jon
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Jon Manss wrote:OK before Mike muks up the history of Santa Cruz here's the official version of why it's called Steamer Lane.
Have you ever noticed how heavy duty our Santa Cruz wharf is? It was built to let trains run cars on it all the way to the end and dump timber cut from our hills into the ocean. These were then corralled and shipped to San Francisco to rebuild that earthquake torn city. We had no harbor so that wharf became the best port of entry here. Steam ships would unload their cargo here and the savy captain stayed away from the local reef during the winter. He knew the big winter storms would break right in the Steamer,s Lane. So the story goes. Jon
I knew it, Santa Cruz is the logger capital of the U.S.! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
Jon Manss

Post by Jon Manss »

Now cut that out!
Big Fred
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Big Fred »

John, that was great "you said cut" :D :D
frog

Post by frog »

You learn something new everyday!!! Hum, I always wonder why it was call Steamer Lane.
randiego

Post by randiego »

I'll be there... can't wait to see all my SF Giant-fan friends!! :D :D
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
joe

Registration is Now Open

Post by joe »

Registration is Now Open

On-Line Registration: http://www.active.com/more-sports/santa ... itles-2011

Important Dates:
On-line registration deadline is December 31, 2010.
Manual Registration deadline is December 15, 2010 to allow for manual processing.
Last edited by joe on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stonefish

the lane!

Post by stonefish »

thanks for the history.....i have a love/ hate relationship with steamers. competed in a few longboard contests and found it fickle. yes im a lumberjack too. there still are brothels on pleasure point.................so im told. put two wetsuits on,the waters cold!