Important Announcement Re: 2011 KSUSA Titles

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Jack Beresford
Legend (Contribution King!)

Important Announcement Re: 2011 KSUSA Titles

Post by Jack Beresford »

Due to a scheduling conflict outside our control with Surfing America, Steamer Lane is no longer available to us as a venue for the 2011 KSUSA Titles. We are currently exploring dates to reschedule the event in late January or February - mostly likely at the south side of Huntington Pier. While we were all looking forward to returning to Steamer Lane, we are now turning our total focus to hosting another awesome event at HB. We regret any inconveniences created by this change in dates/venue and will gladly refund the entry fee of anyone registered who can no longer compete. Thankfully we're still a couple months out and have only had a handful of entries. We hope to announce the new dates very soon. Thanks everyone for your continued support of KSUSA. We look forward to surfing with you at "Kneelo Cove" early next year!

- KSUSA 2011 Titles Committee
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Oh darn. :D
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
stonefish
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Santa Cruz

Post by stonefish »

ok , i was looking forward to the drive through big sur so much i might go anyway. the kelp at mill creek is thick but the wave is close to shore so its not as creepy . Morro bay is a fave area to scout for a loner wave. so.....HB it is, hey mike, hows the meatpie?
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

No meatpies in PA. and I don't need the distractions looking for one, :lol: I'll be in HB later this month. Morro is cool,, let me know if you need a personal photog. I'll be there around Christmas surfing. :D 8)
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

Rocky Point/Black Rock
barry

Post by barry »

Hey Stonefish
If you end up doing the drive feel free to send me a pm.
maybe we could hook up for a surf together :D
always nice to have a surf buddy to improve the odds :shock: :twisted: :lol:
but seriously lots of fun spots around
also
MF you still gonna be in morro bay again in dec???
I am off work on thurs/fri so lets score some surf :idea:
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

I'll be there brother. :wink:

Rocky Point/Black Rock
quadfin

Post by quadfin »

As much as I love the Santa Cruz area, HB fits my 3/2 better. When will we have a date?
Surf Hard Live Slow
Jack Beresford

date

Post by Jack Beresford »

Stay tuned folks, we're getting close to nailing this one down!
randiego

Post by randiego »

Glad to hear it Jack - keep us posted...
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
steve burpo
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by steve burpo »

HB is the real "Surf City" LOL.
Jack Beresford

Update

Post by Jack Beresford »

It's on for South Side HB! Friday, Jan. 14 and Saturday, Jan. 15. We're updating our contest and registration pages - get your "hall pass" and get your entry in!

This will be a Kneeboard-only event (no sharing the break/contest site with standups). It sounds like there will also be several significant improvements to the competitor experience - we'll have more details out shortly.

A huuuuuge thank you to Big Tony for stepping up and making this happen. Putting on one of these events is no small task and Big Tony get's solid "10s" from the judges for what he's pulled off in just a couple of weeks. Be sure he gets all the set waves he wants next session!

Jack
randiego

Re: Update

Post by randiego »

Jack Beresford wrote:A huuuuuge thank you to Big Tony for stepping up and making this happen. Putting on one of these events is no small task and Big Tony get's solid "10s" from the judges for what he's pulled off in just a couple of weeks. Be sure he gets all the set waves he wants next session!
I thought Big Tony gets all the waves he wants anyways :D :D

No seriously, this is huge in such a short time! Way to go Big Man! 8) 8)
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
hart

Re: Update

Post by hart »

randiego wrote:
No seriously, this is huge in such a short time! Way to go Big Man! 8) 8)
This is the stuff contemporary kneeboarding needs..and from guys who can make it happen!

BT rocks

:D
"Mary Mary, Mother Mother,

You and me and..

God the Father.."

Richard Butler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7TPaQV4zo
Jack Beresford

contest news

Post by Jack Beresford »

Top Kneeboard Surfers Compete for Chance to Represent U.S. at World Titles

Huntington Beach Pier Site of Kneeboard Surfing USA Titles
Jan. 14 and 15, 2011

Huntington Beach, CA (November 28, 2010) – The shifting peaks south of the Huntington Beach Pier will determine which Kneeboarders represent the U.S. at the 2011 ISA World Kneeboard Championships. HB is the venue for the seventh annual Kneeboard Surfing USA Titles and Festival, Jan. 14 and 15, 2011.

Top finishers at Huntington Beach will receive a highly coveted spot on the U.S. Team traveling to the 2011 ISA World Kneeboard Championships being held in Philip Island, Australia next March.

“It adds drama to an already super-competitive event,” said Don Harris, Kneeboard Surfing USA president. “A strong finish at Huntington means a high seed for Phillip Island. And with the caliber of talent expected in Phillip Island, a seed is essential if you have any aspiration for a world title.”

A field of nearly 80 Kneeboarders is expected to compete at Huntington Beach – including a hard-core group of locals led by 2008 U.S. Champion Tom Backer. The Huntington crew will try to improve upon their performance earlier this year when they were bested by rivals from San Diego who finished in three of the top four spots in the Open Division. Cardiff’s Bill Lerner is expected to defend his title – won in nearly flawless head-high surf in January.

In addition to the Open Division, the contest will include a Junior’s Division for those under 21 years of age and a Women’s division. The event will conclude Saturday afternoon with a highly entertaining team competition. To enter the contest visit: www.ksusa.org.

The 2011 Kneeboard Surfing U.S.A. Titles is open to the public. Heats will begin each day at 7 a.m. weather and waves permitting. In addition, Sandy’s Beach Grill will host an official event gathering Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings at 6 p.m.

Sponsors of the Kneeboard Surfing U.S. Championships include: Aleeda Wetsuits, AquaTech Waterjet Cutting, Balestar Designs, Blast Hawaii, Bolsa Clothing, Brand ID, COVE PADS, DaKine, Duke’s/Sandy’s Beach Grill, Electric Visual, Flashpoint Surfing, Fred and Sons Metals, Freeline Design, Froghouse, Joel Mayer Pro Surf Photography, Larry Block Products, LuxurySurf.com, Maxim Capital Advisors, Ocean & Earth, Parkes Australia, Peligroso Tequila, Primo Beer, S.S. Metal Fabricators, Shoelkopf, Skull Candy, Stonefish Skegs Surfline, Surftech, Surroundings USA, Tide Has Turned, Trunq, Viper Surfing Fins, Waterman Applied Science, and Xcel Wetsuits.

Established in 2003, Kneeboard Surfing USA is dedicated to promoting the sport of Kneeboard Surfing through competitions, kneelo gatherings and other activities.

###
(Photos and video of top competitors available upon request.)
Jack Beresford