Phillip Island Results

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Phillip Island Results

Post by Steeno »

1st Albert Munoz
2nd Michael Novokov
3rd Kyle Bryant
4th Chayne Simpson
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
wolruss
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by wolruss »

Good onya Albert, a bridesmaid no more, ripping it up it up in massive Woollamia swell LOL. The 6" to 1ft waves would've suited Albert to a T being light and responsive on his board, Michael Novakov must've been surfing really well to have done so well in the final and congrats to Kyle & Chayno as well.
Bloody great news for Albert though he's been ripping it up for a while now it's good to see it reflected in the results.......how's the head this morning Bert ????

Cheers Wolruss
barry

Post by barry »

WOW
what a stacked heat!!!
Congrats Albert and all for stepping it up :!:
mutiny

Post by mutiny »

awesome albert! 8)
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Congratulations Airbert! 8)
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

After rereading my post I realise I may have worded it to read something else than the utmost respect I have for Michael Novakov, who apart from being a legend in our sport, surfs incredibly well - the thoughts that were going through my head at the time of putting that together was the 6" to 1ft swell not being conducive to a taller and heavier set surfer than Albert or Chaynes light frame, perhaps I am being a bit too cautious but being mindful of recent train wrecks on this site, I in no way was intending that post to sound disrespectful of anyone - my apologies to Michael or anyone who might have taken it that way.
Albert I have received several texts from members of the Waka club sharing they're stoke that you have finally cracked it mate - ONYA.
Hey Smurf, I'm moving up to Legends soon where I might have a chance to win a few, bloody whipper snapper, LOL, Onya as well mate well done.

Cheers Wolruss
fruitbat
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by fruitbat »

About time Albert-I knew you could do it.Congrats to Nov as well great to see.

Cheers

Eric :D
jamie

Post by jamie »

just home after driving back to Sydney.
Albert surfed really well in very difficult conditions, he didnt catch the best waves of which there were only 3 in a 30 minute final. To set up the win by ripping on the best waves he could find and then to hold his ground and not give up a potential heat winner to kyle in the dying moments showed lots of steel.
Nov caught the best(biggest) waves in the final and needed to as he would of struggled on the waves Albert rode to victory. Huge effort and crowd seemed genuinely happy to see him do well.
Kyle was unlucky, he had the best single wave in the final and an ordinary back up. Surfed well in the conditions, a couple of his top turns had some of the whip of past years. Looks like him and bruce might have shaved a few inches off his pig wave board?
Cheyne surfed as well as anyone all weekend and could have won if he had found a wave with another 3 inches(yep it was tiny!)
Everyone made the most of a weekend end away, lots of beers were drunk, and the story about the cashew :wink: cracked up those who stayed in the original bungalow that Neil lived in near EP
Jamie
albert

Post by albert »

Thanks everyone! Super stoked, still cant wipe the smile off my face :D .

Jamie, totally agree with your assessment of the open final.

All I can say about the conditions are that even after living and competing in Florida regularly for seven years I have never surfed a comp in such small surf. The organisers had a huge battle trying to get heats completed in those conditions and pulled it off with usual Phillip Island style.

Cant wait for the next one! :D

Thanks again,
Albert
DYdamo

Post by DYdamo »

wolruss wrote:how's the head this morning Bert ????

Cheers Wolruss
And you're worried about calling Nov fat.............geeezzz russ your so game asking Bert's Missus about how they celebrated.........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
stevea

Phillip Island results

Post by stevea »

Congratulations Albert another worthy winner of the premiere Oz contest ,what did Jamie say "the hardest of all to win"
and no wonder the other 3 finalist are not exactly easy prey ,too bad mother nature didnt come to the party but thats contests for you , despite the conditions the cream always rises to the top
Man who comes first always has smile on his face or so im told
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

Congrats Bert! Long overdue... in a Final of legendary surfers spanning many decades.
Awesome brother.
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

Wow, everybody deserves a huge congratulation. But Albert gets a little more!
Way to go ALBERT!
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Congratulations Albert!! Stoked for you :D 8) What an honor to now be on the list of PI Classic Champions :!:
Also, to Michael, Kyle, and Chayne 8)
The Kid
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by The Kid »

Nice one Albert!!! Even with the stacked heat you made it all the way through to victory!!!
The Kid