British nationals 2010

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

stevea
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

British nationals 2010

Post by stevea »

Congratulation guys any one that can wear that many layers of clothing then go surfing has my respect ,for those that can get to Phillip Is it probably wont even feel like wetsuit weather
I am only going by the photo s ive seen and the bits of vid but to me Karl Ward has the goods to give the rest of the K B world a shake ,hope he can make it and a decent sized contingent
.If possible a stop off in Bali is highly recommended a tune up in clean hot overhead ++ perfection before confronting the variable nature of P I ,not to mention West Oz or the East coast
Anyway best of luck n remember you may have trouble getting a visa if you win the cricket joking
Dunc

Post by Dunc »

Yeah you guys won't want your arses kicked in two sporting events in a row. We might as well not waste the money on the air tickets :D

There should be a few of us. I'm assuming Pommy Anderson will want to surf for his home nation. So it'll be him Alex Callister - already booked, Me - not booked yet but past the first hurdle of getting the wife's permission, Karl - hopefully coming but not 100% yet, Jon Paulett hopefully but not 100%. With a bit of persuasion there'll maybe be some more but if they're thinking about it they haven't said yet. Be good to have a few more but the costs are high and times are hard.

Might be able to convince Tom to come over from Indo.

Dunc
Dunc

Post by Dunc »

Contest report -

British Kneeboard Surfing Nationals 2010

This year’s Nationals was held on 20th November with a good turn out, including a few new faces. The weather was lovely weather which encouraged lots of supporters. Unfortunately the surf was rather lacklustre. This meant we had to get on the road to hunt out something at least contestable. Luckily we did find some waves and the contest proceeded with enthusiasm.

The Ladies’ event hit the water first with Natalie Silverthorne and Leigh Anderson battling for the crown. Both women showed very strong performances but it was Leigh who was finally crowned champion.

The open rounds then started with some strong surfing in all the heats. Noticeable standouts in the early rounds were – Karl Ward still managing to throw buckets even in the weak surf, Richard Hewitt, Richard Smith and Duncan Jones.

The conditions seemed to be slowly improving as the contest progressed and the tide rose, with Richard Hewitt even managing to get a small tube in one heat. Once the scores were in from the semis, the early stand outs were the ones who’d made it through to the final. By now the high tide had brought the action almost on to the beach making it a spectators’ delight. Karl put on a great show, tearing apart everything he took off on to take first place. Richard Hewitt found a bit of lip action to secure second and Richard Smith took third, dicing more than once with the bouldery beach after milking all he could out of the shorebreak. This left Duncan Jones to fill the fourth place.
southpeakbrad
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by southpeakbrad »

Hi Dunc,

Thanks for the report. Stoked to hear about some new faces and that the event was a success. Would be happy to join you guys at your Nationals some time, and I know it'd be easy to convince my wife to come along, she's dying to get to the UK :D 8)
Dunc

Post by Dunc »

Hi Brad,
You'd be more than welcome if you did want to come over. Are you going to the worlds at PI?
Dunc
flavio
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by flavio »

ok boys/girls...show time.

slideshow for a quick online check:
http://www.sillysmith.com/thebluetrip/B ... slideshow/

there's also a 2 part facebook albuns that can be seen from everyone

Part I
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... f1682847b5

the Final
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... e7a9074e7b

Cheers,
Flavio
surf's up
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Yeah Dunc, I'll be at PI. Really looking fwd to it.
Hey Flavio, thanks for the pics 8)
Scott

Post by Scott »

Yes, lots of great shots, both on the beach and in the water. I wish there were titles on some of the closeup shots just to better identify surfers with their names. But thanks a nice visual summary of the event.