Blog is not a dirty word

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

stevea
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Blog is not a dirty word

Post by stevea »

I was checking out" legless/tv" just the other day a great site if you havent seen it yet you should do soon.
In the archive section i came across a picture of Keg just so happened i shot a sunrise session with him a few weeks ago heres a couple of minutes with a kneeboarder who is and has been a great character for as long as ive known him
Enjoy at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqad3PsEzc
tomway

Post by tomway »

Not working for me steve. Is it indo internet or is the link broken?

Hope you're well. Let me know when you're back in bali
joe
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by joe »

Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Nice guy, makes the coolest boards. That's not airbrush, it's a bed sheet under glass. I rode his Elmo board. 5'5" or something, but thick, worked great! :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
stevea

blog is not a dirty word

Post by stevea »

Thanks Joe time for glasses cant read my own writing
Tom try it now ,back in April looking forward to a Jawa trip to where we cant tell anyone
Mike, Keg is a true individual you wouldn t believe what he makes his fins from ,at $5 a set or you probably would
For the few others out there with an interest in someone who takes a different path to the same destination Keg has been shaping and glassing his own boards for ever utilising materials and design factors that work
He has usually caught his share of waves before sun up,but he was a little this day being a Sunday he slept in to 5.30
The board he was surfing is 5 5 x 24 wide ,thick as down the stringer with paper thin rails behind the forward fins tapered from the deck into his own interpretation of the bat tail
Keg will be a contender at the worlds check out his new batman batail if your there
DYdamo

Post by DYdamo »

not a surfer to be taken lightly either.................the vid does"nt do him any justice as anyone who has competed or just plain seen the guy surf knows
The thickness of that board allows him to ride over any fat sections,still at speed.
Plus the guys a freakin wave magnet.................(Double whammy)
just be prepared if you pull him in a heat.........and no doubt he'll share a beer with you straight after the heat,even if it is 7 in the morning............. :lol:
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Hey Damo,

I'd say that's true, true, true, true, and true on all counts :lol: Keg is one fast surfer who has the respect and admiration of his buddies, and me 8)

album_showpage.php?pic_id=27215
Last edited by southpeakbrad on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomway

Post by tomway »

Great stuff steve.

With that camera on a tripod, even in the low light, the sharpness is unparalleled.

Sort of connected to this: at work I'm always struggling to find copyright free music to put to students' videos so they can upload to youtube. I've just discovered the site www.jamendo.com

It's 'creative commons' which means you can download and use for personal use for free. Some of the bands on it are pretty good. Worth a look.
RMcKnee

Post by RMcKnee »

Thanks Steve.