Coffs harbor Comp on 25th-26th June

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Donnie
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Coffs harbor Comp on 25th-26th June

Post by Donnie »

Last edited by Donnie on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
womble
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by womble »

Jump in the deep end Donnie ... throw down the 80 clams and head up to Coffs.
You'll have a ball ... good bunch of blokes (and blokesses) the kneelo crew.

I can't make it this year ... my youngest son is playing in a band at the Hardrock Cafe in sufferers paradise on the saturday night (thought it was the friday and was going to head down after the gig that night ... dang)

Anyway go along ... meet the crew ... check out a few boards and watch some first class kneeboarders in action. Its good for the soul.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand.
While imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Albert Einstein ... Yeah Bert.
Donnie

Post by Donnie »

womble wrote:Jump in the deep end Donnie ... throw down the 80 clams and head up to Coffs.
You'll have a ball ... good bunch of blokes (and blokesses) the kneelo crew.

I can't make it this year ... my youngest son is playing in a band at the Hardrock Cafe in sufferers paradise on the saturday night (thought it was the friday and was going to head down after the gig that night ... dang)

Anyway go along ... meet the crew ... check out a few boards and watch some first class kneeboarders in action. Its good for the soul.
Last edited by Donnie on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
analbirth
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by analbirth »

Hey Donnie, you'll have a blast, but if you can, enter the comp. gets you more involved in the whole weekend. But be extremely careful when you come into contact with the red faced wolruss, he's mostly harmless unless provoked, and by provoked i mean things like hiding his bundy bottle or getting in the way of the bar :lol: watch out if he starts moosing his hare as well :wink:
click on the link below and you'll get a bit of an idea of what goes on, well perhaps you won't unless you have a Babel fish handy to decipher womblespeak. Sad to say i won't be going either as it's my 29th wedding anniversary and a leave pass would not even be worth contemplating :( AB

viewtopic.php?t=4235&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=285
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
MALLEE BULL

Post by MALLEE BULL »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He's a tough bugger he likes his wetsuit with extra chill :lol: :lol: I won't be heading up for it but it is a great weekend.
LOVE FIXING UP OLD BOARDS
AND STAINED GLASS WINDOWS
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Hey, hey what's this.. who's messing with my Bundy. Unfortunately I'll not be able to make it this year, but can't recommend highly enough that you go Donnie, great bunch of people a new sponsor that can't do enough for us, great organiser. Mate I went along as a virtual 'virgin' to my first at Coffs in 2006 and everybody made me feel part of the 'family' & don't worry about your skill level, have a go and enter. This year is a bit of a 'wash out' as far as the circuit goes - pretty much used up my holidays going to the World's and then Bali in October, the slush fund is close to bottoming out to, so Coffs & my own Wollongong events are going by the board as I fly out to Bali the day the Wollongong comp starts.
So in short Donnie, go you'll never regret it, plenty of guys on here who have done the same thing and I'm sure they'll say the same, Womble & A.B included ... Feral Mick's another I can think of off the top of my head.

Cheers Wolruss
MJ

Post by MJ »

I agree Wolruss, it's a great comp. Won't be there this year as we fly to Sumatra on the Saturday night of the comp.
I also agree with the others, Donnie, just enter and have a crack. The worst that can happen is you get to surf the bank with only three others out.
jamie

Post by jamie »

wolruss wrote:Unfortunately I'll not be able to make it this year, This year is a bit of a 'wash out' as far as the circuit goes - pretty much used up my holidays going to the World's, the slush fund is close to bottoming out to,

Cheers Wolruss
This was so easy to predict as been a general response, why wasn't this years circuit scaled back to account for the hangover post worlds?
Jamie
Donnie

Post by Donnie »

Last edited by Donnie on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

Tornado and floods in the Coffs region, Hwy closed as well... should be ok by the comp weekend though
finger

Post by finger »

I BELIEVE THERE WILL NOT BE A P I CLASSIC THIS YEAR.
Kev

Post by Kev »

those foods ( :oops: floods) near Coffs do seem quite bad ??
Last edited by Kev on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

A couple of thousand evacuated, hwy's cut in several places from Grafton south. Some towns will be isolated for days. 30 - 40 years back we used to get winter rain like this. It's all cyclic i suppose. Hopefully with no more rain the roads will reopen for the comp........
Donnie

Post by Donnie »

Last edited by Donnie on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feralmick

Post by feralmick »

Hey Kev, is that a typo in your last post??????
The food at The Plantation Hotel last year was great, and 2 meals for the price of 1.