Good Vibrations

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

stevea
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Good Vibrations

Post by stevea »

Just been reading the round up on round 1 of the NASA contest a real positive for kneeboard surfing
So i thought id relay a really positive day, night, morning i had last weekend here in Bali .I had the pleasure to attend a surfing event that touched on the very soul of surfing .A retro single fin contest where the young paid homage to the single fin pioneers such as Terry Fitzgerald , Mitchell Rae ,etc
After filming the heats nature sent the most severe sms or text, go home and sit on the bowl or disgrace yourself on the beach .
8 hours later i talked my way into the after event party and ended up meeting a whole pile of people who were more than willing to recount stories on friends who were kneelos ,about chargers to eccentrics it was a real blast ,then the first band kicked in, pure surf music inspired by Dick Dale, the Atlantics etc more beer, talk n then the highlight of the night .
Switchfoot a San Diego band (if any San Diego kneelos havent seen them yet do so soon) and you will know how blown out i and the rest of the audience were fkn fkn brilliant
With the night still young there was time for more beer and more talk and listening
I think the highlight for me was the respect that everyone i communicated with had for kneeboard surfers ,as the sole representative it would have been so easy to pole s*&^ on us but all i felt was the Good Vibrations as i staggered to my room not too long before the next sunrise ,stoked to be a kneelo and have been a part of the party .That is Surfing
analbirth
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by analbirth »

sounds like a hoot steve, and i'm sure you spread your bug around as well cause your such a "sharing is caring" kinda guy :lol:
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
Doc Turbo

Post by Doc Turbo »

analbirth wrote:sounds like a hoot steve, and i'm sure you spread your bug around as well cause your such a "sharing is caring" kinda guy :lol:
Yes, I must second that, Steve you are one of the most thoughtful men I know, really helping out, caring..... :lol: