Cronulla Tradies

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Tinso
Local (More than 25 post)

Cronulla Tradies

Post by Tinso »

Anyone else going...?

Swell / weather forecast looks absolutely morbid, but we'll make the most of it no less!

I want me one of those beer mugs...!!!
...but I like to be different...
wolruss
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by wolruss »

Onya Craig, the heat draw & running for the day is up on the Surfing NSW site, check it out. We'll be up there around & at North Cronulla, see ya there mate. Russ
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Great day at Cronulla, pity the surf wasn't but a great turn out & funnily enough the finalists are Matt Gallagher, Darren Cooper, Craig Tinsley & myself ..... how the hell did that happen, made it by 5/8ths of a micky hair but I'll take it, not been happening a lot with this 56 year old body. Congrats to all the other competitors, it was tough going trying to showcase kneeboarding in a gutless onshore mess but hey that surfing comps for you. Matt Gallagher was also a standout in the retro single fin stand up division & will appear in the final for that to (hopefully wear you out for the kneeboard final Matt-not likely LOL). Cheers Wolruss
wolruss

Tradies

Post by wolruss »

deleted - duplicated
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

on ya russ, new life in the old dog yet :D :D Go team Native :lol:
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Thanks Al, Matt Gallagher 1st, Craig Tinsely 2nd, Darren Cooper 3rd Team Native 4th, hard going out there as it was worse than yesterday, full tide, onshore shorebreak where you were honestly getting to know the pippies on a first name basis, we all ended up on the sand finishing off our manuveures .... & I'll have you know I was leading at one stage .... errr, that is until they got a wave each. Matty was an absolute stand out on the single fin stand up & if he didn't win, he was robbed (I don't know 'cause I wasn't there) My Pathfinder had a flat battery & I was helping the NRMA (auto help on call) while the presentation was on. John Clingan accepted my award and didn't tell them that he wasn't me while chucking a "possum" pose for the photo session so I'm waiting to see how that turned out. Absolute awesome weekend that Surfing NSW put on, with a vintage car display on in the park behind us, food & wine festival on in the same park and live bands playing on the stage. What a great location there at North Cronulla - Northies across the road, shopping centres freakin everywhere, just shite surf, but ya can't dial that up. Cheers Wolruss
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

thats sux russ, but i'm sure john did a great impression of you :D
womble
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by womble »

analbirth wrote:thats sux russ, but i'm sure john did a great impression of you :D
The makeup departement would have been working overtime to get enough paddling in there.

Good going anyway Russ ... you old dog you.

Hopefully one day soon work won't impede on my desire to attend and embarrass myself at a gathering of the kneeolithic kneeanderthals.

Speaking of said gatherings ... the recent sojourn down Kiama way is a bit light on for any reports of any substance.
And no I won't be signing up to spacebook or myface to view the new KSA page ... why in dogs name do organisations insist on using this imbecilic media to showcase their wares.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand.
While imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Albert Einstein ... Yeah Bert.
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Womble try Paul & Michelle Satchels 'seabreeze photography' page for thousands of images from both saturday & sunday. I'm all wore out mate but thankfully it's from surfing.
Tinso

Post by Tinso »

Good onya Russ, it was a bloody great weekend had by all, except for the waves...
But s*&^ eh, wasn't it good filling up that mug when you got home to gloat to all who'd listen about the life-and-death battle we faced in that final!
What's even better, is that a stubbie doesn't quite fill it, so you have to crack a second to top it up - three or four times!
See you at da Island, all being well!
...but I like to be different...
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

hey womble, stop ya vacillating and just do it, but someone with an addictive personality disorder like the millions of other faceache users probably should be wary of joining the horde :wink: but you'ld fit right in son... mad as a cut snake but with a better grasp of the absurd :lol: