The World Circuit

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

albert
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by albert »

Ah Ed...

I cant agree with that too much... Just like you suggested, I took lessons and now I have no doubt that you are going to suffer the wrath of the Albert-gauntlet in Tahiti.

I hope you are not too scared... I will try to make it a quick one....

Albert
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

hehehe
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
red

Post by red »

Ed

Albert's going real good. I think you should just shave your head now, because you'll lose the bet in Tahiti.

Steen - you're responsible, eh?

On a more serious note
I think the sponsored world circuit idea is only feasible if it's a development circuit for young up and coming kneelos to take on "the best in the world on their home turf" (read old farts who have family and other commitments and can't go gallivanting - just like all the people in this forum). In Australia that approach is far more likely to encourage money from government and sponsors.

But first we have to make kneeboarding cool and marketable. In order to do that we have to look good in the water. A kneeboard can retain more speed through turns than a surfboard if we learn how to turn without stalling, so we can ride waves like a bobsled on a downhill run - fast, smooth and extreme.

Apart from looking good in the water we have to rn our own events for a time, to prove they are viable. I'd be careful of riding on the backs of existing surf contests, because this relegates KS to a sideshow the way it is in the NSSA and many other mixed groups (and when it was part of the standup circuit). By the way, Murray Wier in NZ has standup as a sideshow to the KS contest. many of the entrants do both. And does he have a depth of talent under 20 years old!

As a first step, let's put together a table of countries and contests dates and ratings, then see where we stand (pun).

At present we have contests in many countries and come together every 2 years for a single "tour" event - the world's. We'll be lucky if we can move that 'tour' event to annually, never mind having a set tour.

But, having said that, there is no reason why we can't rate events in the way Jack suggested and come up with a "tour" winnner based on a weighted sum of results.

respectfully
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

Red- I'll shave my head if Albert will shave his arse.... He scares the kids in the parking lot.

Hey Munoz...is this the "Equal 9th Albert Gauntlet" you are bringing to Tahiti?

EQ
Steeno

Post by Steeno »

hehehe :lol:

dad
coach
godfather
albert

Post by albert »

Ill tell you what, Ill wax my arse if you shave your head.

Dont taunt the gauntlet Ed! It can be very dangerous, it may have been an equal 9th gauntlet in Coffs Harbour. But the gauntlet now has its sights set on you.

If you want we can have a shaving contest prior to the heats in Tahiti...
Ill still kick your arse on that...

ALbert
geetee
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by geetee »

After watching Albert at Coffs for the first time I don't think anyone will be taking him lightly. Is that the coach snickering in the background? Kyle, Baden, Parkesy and Matt surfed unreal with Kyle taking the points in the opens and the senior mens. A great weekend thanks to the organisers, John, Scoop and co. Great to see and meet some of you guys face to face.

Hey coach I reckon you are doing a top job cos Albert's hot. Someone said he has changed his style heaps since he has been in Aust. Pity you couldn't come up for the event but will catch up with you another time.
Just surf
MWROBERTSON

Contest Results

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Anyone placing in the top 10 with those guys is a "job well done". Having witnessed all those surfers perform back at the worlds a few years ago was a highlight in my surfing life.
Steeno

Post by Steeno »

Hi geetee
wished I could have come up my work load is so thick its driving me mad, its going to nail me for tahiti aswell by the looks of it fffaaaaarrrrrkkkk. I love the comaraderie at these events and I hate missing out. on anything.

board design and style is what albert is working on.....he is doing just fine.

nice call Mark

dad
coach
godfather
stemple

Post by stemple »

I also hear that waxing is better anyways. Avoids that hard stubble feeling!