DAVID PARKES wins WORLD TITLE

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

paulherriott
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

dave`s win.

Post by paulherriott »

from paul herriott good job . i should have dropped in on wed. but the music festival was warming up, they said on the radio so i turned off at lenox as i always do.catch you some other wednesday.good luck, paul.
Peter Ware
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Peter Ware »

Paul last time I saw you was at Peter Bloms place many years ago. Are you still surfing. :D
fruitbat
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by fruitbat »

Yes Peter -Herriott is still ripping it up.
Peter Ware

Post by Peter Ware »

In the days of Kirra working before they wrecked the banks kneeboard standouts Paul Herriot and the late Neil Cameron. The early bird Peter Blom was always the first in the water. Peter Turner who owned Kirra Surf used to ring Blommie for the surf reports on the radio. If Kirra was not working D-bah always had a great wave and of the break wall was kneeboarders corner. Peter Holman was another always their. He run a great kneeboard contest for many years "The Easter Duranbah". Great memories. :D
fruitbat

Post by fruitbat »

Peter--it was Ian Cameron and I agree both top kneelos and great people.

Cheers

Eric
Peter Ware

Post by Peter Ware »

Sorry Ian Cameron. What ever happened to Jeff Sales, Glen Crawford, Brad Arman. Jeff won a Duranbah I think in 1982 :D
Headwax.
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Headwax. »

edit for relevance
Last edited by Headwax. on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
paulherriott

still surfing

Post by paulherriott »

hi peter. no it wasn,t .the last time i saw you was when my son steve was twelve in the broken head car park .i had just taken some water photo,s of him and we saw you .remember you told me you had just secured a new job driving.this would be the first time you were working for someone else.i hope it went well.now steve has finished school and been in the navy for 5 years and now is doing sparky work in sydney.hope everything is going well with you ,and yes i am still surfing between injuries- that is.i just shaped a new board for my 3 year old grand son mason.and there is another one on the way.so life is good .PAUL
Peter Ware

Post by Peter Ware »

Sorry Paul
it still was a long time ago. Great to here life is good and you are still surfing.
Good also to hear you are looking after the future generation with your knowledge in surfing.
Stay well and maybe we will have a surf with Parksie for old times one day soon.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Fascinating and enlightening interview with David Parkes by Rob Harwood and our friends at Legless. It includes a blow by blow of the World contest final heat, the nature of competitive kneeboard surfing, hosting the event in Tahiti, etc. Thanks for a good read, Rob, and for sharing your mind, David!

http://legless.tv/
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!