Coffs Harbour Photos and Stuff

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

scoop
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by scoop »

Andrew

Great pics matee...Thanx

Great to be able to get together over the weekend
and as you said...nice to meet up with all those I havent met befor espesially all the new ones.....see you in Cronulla...

Tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
Brendan
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Brendan »

I had a great time even if I didn't surf that well in the contest (had a great 3 hr session on the way home on Monday morning though). It might have been performance anxiety... at least that what my wife reckoned!!LOL

The surfing standard was exceptional. You can't help but be inspired watching these guys go round. Can't wait until daybreak for a surf tomorrow.

I did up a mpeg of the Mens Open Final last night. 250 meg and 5.4 minutes running time. Need to chop the audio of us behind the camera swearing and going "oohh aah" though. Once I've done that it might be passable for a amateur job. Any tips on how to get it on here?

Looking at myself surf on video, I'm sure GeeTee had hit the slow motion button when recording. Sh@t I look lethargic. You sure do learn looking at yourself surf.

It was great to put faces to names even though none of us are "lookers".

Brendan :)
The only bad surfing day is one where you don't.
Techno
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Coffs Crew

Post by Techno »

John - Scoop - Peter - Brendan - Gee Tee - Headwax/Mrs Headwax, and all the crew from Coffs Harbour comp.
Thanx for a great time - what a great bunch of people !!!

Gee Tee - thanx for the camera work - sorry I couldn't liven up the footage a bit more - I am an old fart remember !!!

I never knew a soul untill I arrived - but you all made me feel welcome.
Sorry I wupped your butt (By 0.5 of a point) in the first heat Scoop - but what goes around, comes around - and how I got done later on.

The Karaoki night was an eye opener - how did we "Not" get El Presidente up on stage to do his version of that Nine Inch Nails song is beond me - maybe it was the sand, salt, too much good food, too much beer & bourbon, or maybe it was the high tallent of the others in the Karaoki club ??? (NOT)

Sorry I missed having a water session with Scoop & John on Monday - but had to get back to Brisbane for a night shift - and what a fun trip it was.
Stopped at Cabarita to maybe have an hour in the water - 5ft glassy and 150-200 idiots in the water - couldn't even find a parking spot - so decided to keep driving and got home just after lunch.

Guys what a well run competition - will be saving up the goldies for a trip down to Cronulla in October - so please post the dates as soon as a decision is made ???

Will post a couple of pics in the photo section when I get a chance ???

Tony "TECHNO" - "STRAUBS" Aubrey
HAVE SPARE KIDNEY - WILL TRAVEL FOR SURF !!!
K-man

Post by K-man »

[quote="headwax"]One more of GeeTee with Brendon

Looks like a decent crew-a bit ''salty''I would hope :!:
And the healthy individuals on the left appear to enjoy the odd ale or so. :wink:
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

The bloke on the right doesn't mind a rum and coke or three also!
The only bad surfing day is one where you don't.