2014 KSUSA Kneeboard Surfing Titles

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Will you be attending the 2014 KSUSA Titles in Huntington?

Poll ended at Wed May 21, 2014 8:09 am

Yes, I will be competing.
40%
Yes, as a spectator.
26%
Maybe
14%
No, I can't make it.
19%

Total votes: 42

Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Mike Fernandez »

I'm afraid of the bacteria water. :x
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
joe

Post by joe »

I'm with you on the the water quality, but I was way off on my surf report, if you were in the right place.
joe

Post by joe »

On-line registration is the quickest and easiest way to sign up for the contest. It is also the most convenient for KSUSA. There is a service fee from active.com for the online processing.

If you don't like online payments or you want to save a few dollars, there is a mail in registration option. Mail in registration takes a little more time and effort to process so they must be received by the end of the month.
joe

Post by joe »

Don't Procrastinate

Almost half of the spots in the 64 person open division are now full. We sell out almost every year, with the majority of entries coming in the last few weeks. Every year we have a waiting list for competitors that waited too long. Don't risk the waiting list. Enter today.
Last edited by joe on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

get involved, wish I could be there 8)
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
joe

Post by joe »

With great regret, KSUSA announces that the 2014 Kneeboard Surfing USA Titles has been postponed due to logistical challenges. We're looking to reschedule in the fall season. More details to come soon.

Competitors who have already registered and wish to withdraw because of the schedule change will be accommodated with a full refund, including online registration fees.

If you have any questions post them up here.
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

SADNESS :cry:
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

WHOA, I just realized I can start eating chocolate chip cookies again for another six months! Yeeeeeaaaaahahaa :lol:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
Don
Admin

2014 US Titles update...

Post by Don »

All,

Thanks in advance for understanding our situation with this year's event. Postponing was a very difficult decision to make however we are still trying to make this annual event what we all want - Kneeboard only comp, good surf, nightly fun, hanging with our kneelo friends and offering to you all the great gear from our generous sponsors!

So here's the straight scoop:

As you all know this event has gotten bigger and better each year. Likewise, contest surfing has exploded since our first event 11 years ago. Permits and venues are difficult to schedule. Sandy's, our event host and a prime sponsor had a management change very recently and while we had a placeholder for our April dates they had to re-evaluate their spring break business and we were advised the area we need each night would be scaled down to something that quite honestly would not work. Finding another venue over spring break was not happening and therefore we needed to postpone.

The cost of running our event each year has gone up considerably. We've had to raise our entry fee but we want to keep it as low as possible and use Raffle-mania to help make up the difference. This model has worked for years and we've never gone negative (not a lot of profit - enough to pay our taxes and filing fees each year!)

We are looking at a Fall date (very close to being confirmed!!!) and it will put us in a much better swell window. We are still working with Sandy's and hope they can fulfill our request for space during this less busy time of year.

We have called most of you personally in hopes to confirm your attendance with the new dates. Most of you have chosen to rollover your entry fee.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A REFUND - please contact me directly dharris.ksusa@gmail.com.. I'll try to finish up the rest of the calls tonight. We will also refund your Active.com fees.

Again - Thanks for your patience.

Don Harris
Don Harris
HALFMANRIPS/MIKE GARRETT
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

WHAT....?

Post by HALFMANRIPS/MIKE GARRETT »

Man you guys are lucky... :D
Im in the best shape ive been since" 2 weeks ago....... :P

hope to see ya'all soon !
joe

Post by joe »

2014 US Kneeboard Surfing Titles November 7 - 8, 2014

2014 US Kneeboard Surfing Titles are officially rescheduled for November 7 - 8, 2014. The dates are confirmed and locked in. The fall is a great time for late season south swells and early north west swells. Our chances of scoring good surf for the contest increase with the new dates. We welcome all competitors, friends, and family to join us for this great event.

Click here for Online Registration

Click here for Mail-in Registration and T-Shirt orders

joe

Post by joe »

REMINDER: 2014 US Kneeboard Surfing Titles November 7 - 8, 2014

2014 US Kneeboard Surfing Titles are officially rescheduled for November 7 - 8, 2014. The dates are confirmed and locked in. The fall is a great time for late season south swells and early north west swells. Our chances of scoring good surf for the contest increase with the new dates. We welcome all competitors, friends, and family to join us for this great event.

The KSUSA site has gone pretty quiet, but we're still planning this event in November. We still have 24 spots available in the Open and lots of room in the Women's and Junior divisions. Sign up early to reserve your spot.

joe

Post by joe »

Less than 3 Months Away:
2014 US Kneeboard Surfing Titles November 7 - 8, 2014

2014 US Kneeboard Surfing Titles are scheduled for November 7 - 8, 2014. Get your registration in soon.

Akio Matsumoto
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Akio Matsumoto »

Hi Joe ,I Mailed In My Entry Month Ago And my Name Is Not On The List ,Can You Check With Amanda, Thanks Joe
joe

Post by joe »

Akio,

Your entry was received and I've added you to the list.

I'll update the list with more names as soon as I receive the updated entries from Amanda. If you have entered and your name is not on The List, let me know.

Joe