Team USA - 2015 World Titles

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

southpeakbrad
Legend (Contribution King!)

Re: Team USA - 2015 World Titles

Post by southpeakbrad »

I returned home from the 2015 Kneeboard Surfing World Titles in Kiama, NSW Australia last week with a pneumonia and a big hole in the bottom of one of my boards (not the newy) from Qantas. It was an incredible trip to see old friends and to make so many new ones. Joe Coyne and I surfed many new spots and saw so many others along the way that it kind of makes me want to return!

Big, warm thanks to Adam Williams for his boundless stoke and generosity. Also to Rob Slater (again!) and the Novokovs. We surfed the Central Coast with Ross Dillon and saw Grant Anthony Christmas along the way. Thanks so much Bruce Hart for another great board and for sharing your stoke. Also, another shout out to all of the Open Quarter Finalists. You all ripped and surfed great in the variety of conditions. Gavin Colman was incredible as always snagging two 9s in his age-group Final to win that Title, and his heart-warming acceptance speech in which he gave the board he won it with to Scotty brought a tear to my eye (and to others). I was sitting at the same table and Scotty was truly touched!

Thanks to all who made the trip and made Team USA so great, families included. We had some success at least! Sam Coyne had a great contest missing 1st in the Pro Junior by 0.1 and for going the farthest in the Open.

So, the Worlds are more than 15 hours flights and loosing heats. They are about advancing in a few heats, adventure, airline-induced dings, illness, and as Albert Munoz explained so perfectly in his acceptance speech...about the community that we are as kneeboarders in and out of the water. I was on the south end of the beach waiting to paddle out for my Kahuna Final when late in the Open Final Albert dropped in late on a big wedging left, came hard off the bottom and pulled off that incredible hit/air on the closeout. When I saw that I knew he had wrapped it up. Congrats Albert!

~Bradford!
Scott

Post by Scott »

Thanks for giving us your perspective, Brad. Hope you're healing up from the pneumonia!
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!
Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks for the update. Sounds like it was fun.

Ksusa or Legless gonna post results anywhere?
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Hey 'Bob'

The results (at least last I checked) were still on the live score site:

"Live online scores are available on CompuSurf.
http://www.compusurf.com.au/system/scores "
Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks,

Only showed me one heat.
How did the US boys do?
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

When you open the event, look in the top-left corner for an icon with three horizontal bars, roll-over says 'menu'

Pick 'Overview'

At the top of that window is a drop-down to select events.

That should get you around the whole contest, heat-by-heat... there's a widget mid-screen to advance or go back in rounds.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Thx

When will it go offshore so we can surf?