USSF Oceanside June 26th...

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Will you be entering the USSF Oceanside, CA Kneeboard Comp June 26th?

Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes: 36

surfhorn
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by surfhorn »

Barry - the long hair comment reminded me why I finally cut mine shorter. Back in the 1970's when I had the long, flowing mane...(flashback.....) the down side was punching through huge winter conditions at Moss Landing and coming up after duck diving wave upon wave to try and gasp a breath and only succeed in sucking down a large amount of hair...and no air. Not good.
kbing since plywood days
Jafo
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Jafo »

SPB: Thanks for posting the photos! Looks like there were some decent open faces and bashable sections that made for good KB action.

Barry/Surfhorn: For a while I also went the longhair route -- but mine was something between a mop/mullet. (Nothing NEAR as stylish as Barry's 'do.) My friends said I looked like Cousin It from the Munsters when I punched out the back of a wave after a duck dive. I have since burned most of the pictures of me from that era.
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Jafo - Never burn those photos; its best just to toss them in an old storage box.

For a few years, they are just embarassing reminders of our youth. But after a couple decades, they become collectable, historical artifacts. Whats that saying that goes ".......a legend in our own mind."
kbing since plywood days
Jack Beresford

kudos

Post by Jack Beresford »

Kudos to EQ for the big win! I'm glad to hear there was a strong turn-out and fun surf for this year's event. US Kneeriding is far from dead - I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone at next month's gathering!
Jack Beresford