Congrats to Team Australia

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Steve Neal
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Steve Neal »

Our kneelo Bros from down below showing their dominance once again with an all Aussy final! Congratulations!!! Not only taking the Mens open but the Womens and Tag Team . Team USA has alot of work to do to catch up , but I think this site has kneeboarding in the States going in the right direction. I personally have never been more motivated. Once again Congrats. :)
hart
Legend (Contribution King!)

The Land Down Under

Post by hart »

Good on you mate..and just because the level has been set, it doesn't mean it can't be overcome.

From a personal point of view I gotta say thanks to Matt Gallagher, Matt Novakov, Red, Darcy and Tonina.

You guys did your Country's and my work, proud.

Thanks for all your effort..and trust.

Regards from OZ.

hart
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

Steve-
I think the two best things Kenny said in Santa Cruz last year was that the contest was "the best he had ever seen" and that "you U.S. Kneelos need to set up your game." He was dead on right.

I've known for awhile that we in the US have been surfing in a vacuum, and there has been a great stagnation in both equipment and style. Over the last few years ( Thanks to Simons videos and the KSUSA) we have suddenly gotten access to better equipment and exposure to better surfing, so we are suddenly evolving at a much faster rate... but there is still work to be done.
I personally have loved the challenge, and have been working hard with Bud on my board design and with SPRocky in waist high slop to try and bridge the gap. It broke my heart I couldn't make it to Tahiti, but with the apparent disappearence of three of our best (Jack, P.R. Albert, and Greg) it seems we still have some ground to cover.
This is a great time to be a US kneelo... a "renaissance" if you will... and the future looks like nothing but fun.
"Cheers" to OZ... you all deserve kudos.
EQ
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Big congratulations to Team Australia!
Besides the well-known-throughout-the-world usual suspects, it was great to see some ripping photos of the likes of Jeremy Webb, Max Hutchinson, Shannon Berwick (sp?) and others.
Congratulations to the Tahiti crew on pulling off the event, keeping us informed, and bagging some trophies for yourselves!
DK

Post by DK »

Hey Listen Wax,
Just because Matty is known as Nov dosnt make him him a Novo.
The boy is Sydney through and through!
Keep your dirty Newcastle hands off him! :lol:
Seriously, well done to everyone who competed wherever your from.
Im pretty sure i wasnt own my own checking the results a couple of times a day to see what was going on- there was so much interest in this event it was amazing.
Ive already started om my dear wife, and bank manager :!: in preperation for the next worlds wherever and whenever they might be.
Does anyone know that yet?
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Next World's will be in California....maybe Moss Landing or The Lane.........LOL

You just never know......
kbing since plywood days
Jon Manss

Post by Jon Manss »

Ed your comments are right on the mark and I agree, Kenny's insights were well founded. Awesome performance Australia. It would be nice to see all the results. I'm sure that's coming. Jon
DavidW
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by DavidW »

Congratulations to all division winners. I wish I could have gone but I had to take care of some priorities.
I will try and make it to the next World Titles. Regardless of where they are.
Guys like David Parkes and Baden Smith a inspirations to all Kneelos in their mid 30's to 40's. These guys dominated 5 years ago in NZ and again this year! Good job!!
IKAIKA

Post by IKAIKA »

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL COMPETITORS IN REPRESENTING THEIR COUNTRIES & A BIG HIGH FIVE TO MY HOME BOYS THE FREAKIN' RICANS (CAMELLO, IVAN & ALBERT aka GATOR Jr). I LOVE YOU GUYS, SEE YOU AT THE NEXT WORLDS.

BORICUA HASTA LA MUERTE.
Xmas

Post by Xmas »

Breaking news - Young Matty Novakov has scored an article (and photos and comments from some bloke named Michael Novokov) in today's Daily Telegraph (p 40). - Well done Matt - and go SKC!!!!

ps: and tell your old man that I really didn't mind being dragged out of bed at 7.30am on Sunday to answer the phone!
DK

Post by DK »

Geez Grant
First TRACKS then the TELE :!: you do not like a trashy rag. :lol:
Thanks mate Im going to buy it myself and have a look.
Comp was canned on Sunday because of the very ordinary weather and surf. Kneelo Knews will be out soon.
Dave
Xmas

Post by Xmas »

DK - my secretary cut the article out and it was on my desk when i got in this morning. I've trained her about kneeboarding - she was the one who typed up the SKC Articles of Association!!

First time in a long time when i just couldn't see the point in making the drive over to Long Reef for a comp that was sure to be cancelled. Who were the madmen that turned up?
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Grant,
Your secretary should be given a special award after formatting that document for us last year! and she waids through newspapers looking for kneelo articles- what a woman.
The madmen that turned were the four members of the Oatley Mafia as well Keg, John F and Fred. I was suppose to play soccer but even that was cancelled.
How is Bronte- still out control? I hope to get waves in the Bay near my place as soon as the wind backs off.
Dont forget Boomerang not that far away.
Dave.
ps
Im sure the rest of the crew on this forum got a lot out of this post :!:
DK

Post by DK »

Apologies to the rest of you.
Grant,
I just realised how weird this is. Your office is probably less than a kilometre from mine and here we are communicating via a website in San Fransisco. Post modern or what.
we will have to catch up for a beer one lunch just to to come back to earth.