Competition Strategy: What works, what sucks?

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

tws
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by tws »

bruce,

a kneelo not mentioned on this site before (I think ?) Tim Kadwell.

Awsome style big set of nuts and a ripping bloke.

We have a breaks down on the mornington penisula inside the heads that is a tubing freighttrain left Tim is the man out there .
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

I have known Tim for a long time, alot of respect for the the ol legend skinny bugger will come from me. He rips severley, and a thorough gentleman.

hi bruce
would be interesting, thnx
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
Hammer Slammer

Re: strategy

Post by Hammer Slammer »

Jack Beresford wrote:My comment on paddling by guys pertains only to contests and crowded days at Lowers :wink:

Following on Albert's comment - they guy I heard most other competitors talking about was Matt Gallagher. His surfing in the early rounds was both super fluid and insane. He did a reentry in one of our heats where he was leaned over so far he almost wasn't on his board anymore - no problem: he just hooked it around in the foam ball (disappearing momentarily) and pulled it out. Greg got it on video.

Darcy got it on film:
album_showpage.php?pic_id=2177
Mattie, not bad for someone that does most of their surfing on 2ft alley lefts, and on a stand-up fish :)
surfhorn
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by surfhorn »

Remind me to tell you about the hunting knife I wore over my wetsuit when I went to a pre-heat briefing (no rules against carrying a weapon...).

The other competitors freaked out.....couldn't take a joke, I guess.
kbing since plywood days