So Cal Scrimmage – Are You Ready for Santa Cruz?

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

Jack Beresford
Legend (Contribution King!)

scrimmage

Post by Jack Beresford »

Yogi - thanks for coming and sharing the stoke. After a couple years of gatherings and contests - it amazes me how many kneeriders are out there who are just now reconnecting.

EQ - get well before the next swell! Maybe you ought to stay out of the water until your heat at Santa Cruz?

All - if you'd like to contribute to KSUSA's Junior Development Program send a check to Mark Robertson at the address below. Also, I believe Barry is collecting boards to donate. Send him a PM.

Mark W. Robertson, CFP
Maxim Capital Advisors, Inc.
(A Registered Investment Advisor)
3100 Bristol Street, Suite 150
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Make checks payable to Mark Robertson (KSUSA Treasurer).

Jack
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

If anyone has a board to donate, I met and have established e-mail contact with a young boogie boarder who wants to take up kneeriding. E-mail me if you happen to have a board to donate...................Tom
yogisurf
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Donation made!

Post by yogisurf »

OK, guys. I just sent Mark a check for $40. $30 for boards sold on KSUSA + $10 for the juniors program. I hope the $30 can offset some of the cost of KSUSA.com

/Yogi

Yogisurf@aol.com
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

Jack-
I think that might be a good idea... but that doesn't mean I won't be preparing for Santa Cruz. I just bought-

FARRER FORCE O-FIVE
KNEELO INVASION

-for PlayStation 2. I'm just gonna surf the "Legends" heat at J-BAY till
I've got a solid strategy.

EQ

P.S. Oh, and I've got this 16year old Motocross rider who lives next door that Sprocket and I got on a kneeboard last Summer and he is already so good it's scary. I hope to get him to a gathering soon.
MWROBERTSON

MM

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Ed,

Is that a new movie or the Kneeboarding equivalent of Tony Hawk's Skateboarding Play Station game? I hear millions of copies have sold to gromments world wide.
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

Yeah Mark! Nice reference!
You're pretty hip for being almost 50... NOW DON"T BREAK MY TRI-FIN!

(An FYI for the kneelo community, if you're gonna loan MR a board, make sure it's nothing that can handle crazy pits. Last week on "BARREL TUESDAY" while the rest of us were out at perfect 6-12ft Peir, MR, Barry, Tom, and Wayne decided to charge the "occasionally" perfect, but mostly bombing River Jetty's. Which is great... unless it's YOUR 6'1" Blast Tri he's riding when that swing set detonates. :shock: )

Go surf Bolsa with Ler.
EQ
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

EQ - You're closer to the truth than you know. I was just speaking with Simon and he's putting together the credits for his new movie (the finishing touches).....should be out soon. Plus we talked about soundtrack for his new movie: North Shore Gathering 2005.
kbing since plywood days
Jack Beresford

photos

Post by Jack Beresford »

Check out photos in the gallery - these are among the best from four rolls that Joel shot. I have the prints too (unfortunately Costco lost one of the rolls and there are none of the Coynes).

As for the video - Jason didn't have time to make me a dub before he split for the Big Island (lucky SOB), so you'll have to wait a couple weeks.