Need Your Local Media Info

This forum is designed to keep the competitive spirit alive and well as we look at future and past contests.

Moderator: Moderator

surfhorn
Legend (Contribution King!)

Need Your Local Media Info

Post by surfhorn »

To all US KB finalists: I'll be issueing a press release of the results to the appropriate media outlets this week; I plan on sending the release to everyone's home town paper.

I probably already have all the contact info but, just in case, please shoot me the info for whatever local paper where you would like to see your name (and, maybe, your ugly mug!). I need the info for the sports department: sports editor's name; web site; email adress; phone number.

Thanx,
Dan
kbing since plywood days
MWROBERTSON

paper

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Dan,

I'm not sure of the papers but for Barry, he resides in Costa Mesa and I know there is a good local paper there. For Danny Robertson, there is a Newport Beach community paper. For Wayne Koppitt and Paul Devoy there is a local Huntington Paper. For all the Orange County guys named above and Tom Linn the LA Times OC edition would be great as well as the Orange County Register.
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Thanx, Mark. I've dealt with the major papers such as the LA Times, OC Register (the old Santa Cruz sports editor just started there)and SD Union Tribune for way over 20 years. I just want to make sure I hit all the little local papers so that each one of our kick-ass kneeboarders receives the exposure they so richly deserve.
kbing since plywood days
Jafo
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Jafo »

Dan,

Jack Beresford lives in University City/La Jolla area, and there are two local papers there that might run his info (In addition to the U-T)

La Jolla Light
Executive Editor -- Kara Snow
karas@lajollanews.com

La Jolla Village News
Editor: Anne Terhune
ljvn@sdnews.com

Thanks for getting the word out!
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

Dan and Mark Not trying to sound like "Vain" Wayne, but, my last name is KOPIT (should the press pick up the blurb) . Thanks; it was an incredible experience and lots of fun surfing in the contest. Wayne
MWROBERTSON

media

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Thanks Wayne, I'll note that! Hey, are you gonna open a surf shop with all that stuff you won at the event? Man....did you clean up!