How is the surf so far this year in your part of the world ?

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Just wrapping up 2 days of decent surf. Tomorrow could be fun as well. It's been 6.5-7' at 10-12 seconds. The wild thing is that the SF buoy read 64 degrees at one point today, and sustained 63.x for awhile. Don was out yesterday in a short-sleeve full w/hood. Fashionable? Questionable. Functional? I was sweating in my normal attire... yup. Functional.
scoop
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by scoop »

Was a bit ordinary today here in Sydney
about 1ft at best...
am off to Fiji in the morning (14 hours) so hope to pick up some better mid pacific swells with a bit of luck

see you all in a couple of weeks

Tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

This is from Surfline's Lola:

Cocoa Beach Florida.
Thursday,Sep 2: 4-7 ft. - shoulder high to 2 ft. overhead and fair - conditions.

Friday,Sep 3: 6-8 ft. - head high + to 3 ft. overhead occasionally 12 ft. and poor-fair conditions.

Saturday,Sep 4: 20-25 ft. - 4-5 times overhead and poor conditions.
Jon Manss

Post by Jon Manss »

John S, it looks like Dave Noel, but I am not sure. I haven't seen that board before.
K-man

surf

Post by K-man »

Howdy,

First decent NW this fall.the wave period could be better,but won't complain.First time in 2 months I get to surf my home break With a handful of local friends.Summer crowd is gone,kiddies are in school,and It was chest-shoulder to head high,and glassy. AMEN! :)

cheers!
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Everyone should turn their eyes South. There is a killer hurricane coming off of Puerto Vallarta and is expected to round Cabo and churn straight up Baja's coastline and slam Ensenada.

Get ready for some south swell action. I may drive to SoCal and surf my way back up!
kbing since plywood days
budman
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by budman »

I surfed Huntington Cliffs this morning and It was totally fun.Sheet glass 4-8 foot peaks and the warmest water I can ever remember in OC.Its supposed to be a pretty good weekend with a combo of swells keeping us in the water.Get on it!
stemple

Post by stemple »

I agree with K-man OB was good on Tuesday afternoon on the outgoing tide 10 sec wind swell. Snuck out of work at noon because I was jonesing bad. Surprise surprise Kelleys was slightly overhead with only five to 8 guys out. (needless to say I didn't make it back into the office) Very peaky with fun rights and spunky little lefts. The current was strong but a big rip was going strong right under the cliff house. You could catch two or three rights, get out of the water walk up to end the beach jump in and get sucked right back into the top of the line up. Must have done seven or eight laps with no paddling against the current. Gotta love that.

The Wise noon surf update was pretty ho hum I almost didn't go. I guess people were weren't tipped off. Around 4 the crowd increased. When I got out of the water just out of curosity I called. The 3 pm update was much more positive and hence the sudden crowd. It was great to be in the right place at the right time for once.
scoop

Post by scoop »

hey guys

just back from Fiji and had a ball
Only surfed two days at Wilkes and was totally blown away on my first excursion out
I had 12ft + faces but super powerful so if caught inside....was an olympic effort to paddle out again...not to mention the hold down
gave it a days rest then out to find more sedate 5ft faces and can I say with Bruces 5'10" five fin blue board)featured hear earlier this year performed excellently although with a bigger center fin...
(gotta get myself a bigger (gun) board for those huge days (thinking 6'9" plus)...6' just isnt big enough when its pumping
Meanwhile here in Sydney its nice 3-4ft faces today but cold(17c) compared to Fiji's 22c
Tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Hi, Tony - Glad you had a nice vacation. Are you ready for Santa Cruz? We're reserving some waves just for you!
kbing since plywood days
kevin
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by kevin »

I joined the evil side and helped put up a web cam of a popular spot in Humboldt county. When the price of gas went above $2/ gallon the cost of doing the old dawn patrol became a deciding factor in the placement of a surf cam. I surfed there this morning.

go to http://68.105.21.130:3398/index.htm

you might have to lower your browser security level to accept an axtiveX control to see the image.

To see the specs on this cam go to

http://members.cox.net/helmetcamera/oldsurfcam.htm

later, Kevin
khoningford

Todays Poo-port report...

Post by khoningford »

Howdy folks,

4 to 6' combination swell this morning, with the occasional double-up bomb

when the two directions merged. A little warbly with last night`s wind but

evened out about mid-morning. Mild sant ana should groom the building

SW swell into spidah`s favorite hiding places...

good surfing to ya...
spidah da kneeridah
Nov
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Nov »

2ft lefts, good fun.