solid sess this morning!

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

mutiny
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by mutiny »

Surfed RJ's at the crack of dawn with barry, 6 -8 foot barrel fest :D there was about 6 guys spread out from newport side to talbert channel, basically empty! It seriously looked like a point break when I was going over the bridge into newport this morning! Checked the Point at about 8:45, was decent but a little warbly then on down to the Wedge :shock: 30 bodyboarders on the peak with 2 surfers, some serious barrels, I saw some 10 footers roll in but these guys are takin off on each other landing on each other :lol: 2 or 3 guys had thier stuff together and got the bombs and some epic barrels! Then I went back up to RJ's about 10am, it was draining low tide and paddled back out for a second session with barry a little more crowded, but still smokin!
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Nothing that epic up here, but I'll take it for late May! Nice conditions with small barrels...
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
barry

RJ's

Post by barry »

Good Fun once again this morning :D
Super Stoked to share some bowling lefts with a kneebro.
Tom 'BIG PIT' Backer (Mutiny) was charging :!:
I had a great time Hooting at Tom in the Barrel 8)
It was Great to be paddling back out after a wave and see Tom
Dropping in to another bombing left :wink:
We Scored :!: :!: :!:
Double session then off to work, nothing took the smile off my face all day.
Barry
Greg Little
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Greg Little »

Just got back from the Harbor, lots of current and head high. The tide was fat, and the waves a little slopy but still had fun. I surfed it with Big Fred, Bill Learner, Joel the fotographer, and Mark Cunningham. It was really good to see Mark back in the water after 5 months. He is doing great, and heading to Mainland Mex in a few weeks. Right on Mark. :D
Greg...
Bud

Post by Bud »

We've had almost a week of NNW - NNE swell.

Winds were a bit variable at times but light in general.

Last Monday had solid 6' semi wind swell Laniakea.
Tuesday was way down out here and slightly onshore.
Cracked the East side early that morining and found Dave Sears and Derrek Nako had beaten us (Ray Ebaugh and myself) out at Goat Island.

It looked like a mini G-Land. 8)

Waves were shoulder high perfect and dredging for 100 yards. :D
(Actually kind of dangerous really......breaking so small in such shallow water.)
Just a gorgeous sunny morning with light offshore winds combing the super clear clear blue water of fun little waves and just 4 kneeboarders out for 3 hours. 8) :D

Tide was exceptionally low. We had to hike half way out. :shock:
(The lineup is about 500 yards + + from shore.)

Solid 8' HWN out here on Wednesday. :shock: :D
Still 6' and pumping on Thursday. 8)

Surprised :shock: and stoked :D to see Craig Russell from North County San Diego, out a couple times at Laniakea.
He came to stay at his family's time share condo in Waikiki.
Of course he brought his board and scored. 8)

Still small fun waves around today but I'm feeling a bit fried and surfed out. :)
skansand

rebirth(thread)

Post by skansand »

ohhhhh yaaaaa......sweet waves today...6-8' with 10'ers breaking way outside.......ANderson st...long clean glassy walls ..good rides, good barrels,good times
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
WillP

Post by WillP »

Swell was a bit shadowed up here, but surfed 3-5' KG's with one other guy out until about 8 this morning. 150 yard long lefts wrapping around the point from KG's all the way to the Wall.

Man I love summertime!
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

If you're stuck at the computer, check out the ASP in Mex... barrel fest!

http://www.aspworldtour.com/ripcurlpro/
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

I cought Some real Nice surf North Of the pier today. It was really peaky and clean! 6-8' with some 10' cleanup walls rolling in. for the most part pealing lefts and pretty hollow barrells. got to see a nice 9' McCoy long board get broken in 3 in front of "the Apartments":P
I saw a couple kneelo's out but the current was so fast there was no catching up to each other. who was riding that little romo on the inside at about 17th? I waved Hello but he didnt look too happy? :cry: lol was fun drifting from the peir to the cliffs 2x for 4 waves 8) see ya's tomorow!
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
boards_and_fins
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by boards_and_fins »

I was around there on a Romo today, I have a big beard so I dont know if it was me. Mostly I surfed that new jetty at seapoint. There is a nice little peak right there. I wouldnt make a habit of it though- too crowded with longboarders. Good day today.
your mom goes to college
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

yeah thats the sea snake spot :wink: lol but no this was at 17th street the guy was coming in there. really dark guy on a little 5'5 romo board ( i read the romo label on the board so that im sure of) was about 1030 am
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
boards_and_fins

Post by boards_and_fins »

KAVA wrote:yeah thats the sea snake spot :wink: lol but no this was at 17th street the guy was coming in there. really dark guy on a little 5'5 romo board ( i read the romo label on the board so that im sure of) was about 1030 am
The sea snakes are the least of my worries there. More like spring suit bootie man ditching his longboard in front of me.
your mom goes to college
skansand

what

Post by skansand »

current sucks....luckily 4 me there was practically no current at all at anderson st........ill be there tomorrow perhaps
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
Ler

???

Post by Ler »

I have old timers disease. OTD. I watched Good Day LA and the Weather Channel from 4:00am to 7:30am then to work. I heard a car honk, so the waves were probaly alright

Ler