I like Bud

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

WillP
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by WillP »

Hey Reed, or Reid or however you spell it. Call me and we'll plan it. Morning low tide might be a problem but I think we can work something out. Location? North of Imperial Beach and South of Santa Cruz. Believe me, you've driven by it a bunch of times.

WILL
MWROBERTSON
Legend (Contribution King!)

Bud

Post by MWROBERTSON »

NS of 56th St. Jetty was throwing up some A-frames this a.m. 3-5ft and ledgy top to bottom tubes. I surfed with my bro Dan. We shared a lot of late drops and tubes. I took one outside peak and realized I was gonna be late. I was looking down an 8ft face and felt the tail drop and the fins break free. I had to eject and did a swan dive down this chamber. My stand up buddy was laughing his arse off as he took off an the shoulder as I was swallowed! Luckly I was ok and popped right back up laughing :lol:

Good Newport! :wink:
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

I'll be doing ouir annual Catalina stay and will try and get a session in at RJ's, etc. during my travels. If the water temp is anything like El Porto I'll have to have a bag of ice cubes ready to poor down my trunks to cool down.
kbing since plywood days
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Did someone say point waves :?: Did someone say lefts :?: Uncommon ( for this time of year ) south winds combined with a solid 6 ft. northwest swell Thursday and Friday. Crowded, you ask :?: Just me and 3 to 8 friends. Sunny and 60 degree water. Overheating in my hoodless 4/3.
Alas, nothing this good lasts forever. Today, drop in swell, N.W. wind. And I'm sunburned and my arms hurt. ( Hurts so good 8) ) Another deposit in the memory bank :wink:
None rich, none poor. Everyone happy.
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

surfed some nice peaks at bolsa today. not nearly as walled up as it was yesterday at 9th st.. While sitting on the outside waiting for the next set to come in some kid paddles over to me and says "hey is that a ROMO?" i reply "no, its a flashpoint" then he goes on to tell me how he surfs seal beach and how great it was in the winter and that he is in the market for a romo kneeboard. of course remembering i saw one on here for sale i told him about KSUSA and also to check out "The Froghouse" in newport as I saw a new romo quad for sale there. I also told him to check out the flashpoints for sale in florida heh heh (on this site). A wave came in and he went left as i went right and didnt see him again but was good spreading the word and possibly a 15 year old kneelo on the horizon 8)
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
randiego

Post by randiego »

Hit south Oceanside this morning... head high and wide open. Early wind which screwed things up for an hour and then died again... best session in weeks!!

where's the spot for tomorrow??
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
K-man

Post by K-man »

Well....maybe not the whole coast,marginal at best up here.The cron pic was awhile ago.
Maybe tomorrow early.there's work though..Moneys rolling in :lol:
boards_and_fins
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by boards_and_fins »

Who was that out at the cliffs/dog beach on a Flashpoint around 10:00?
your mom goes to college
DarcyM

Post by DarcyM »

windansea had some horrific conditions this morning with strong south winds after the thunderstorm passed through. Glad I stayed though and it glassed off a bit around 10 am and I went out for a couple of sessions. Nice warm water and not too crowded until the tide got too high. Sun burn city though ... ! :oops:
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
ShaunMurphy

Post by ShaunMurphy »

Darcy funny thing with the wind
happend yesterday at windensea but then glassed off super nice
and was really good cus of the super low
exposed reef and crazy new left that showed
same thng happen today ?
-later
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Scott - Surfed the left off the parking lot around 10 AM. High tide was on the rise but did catch one outside waves that connected. Had the inside standup kids scrambling to get out of my way. Nice to have a little size.
kbing since plywood days
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

OBSF wasn't good this AM. Ended up at R_ck_w_y, where Pacifica Tom was out. It's been a year, and nice to catch up!

It was sunny and fairly smooth out there. The water has warmed up a bit too. What a great way to beat the heat!
K-man

Post by K-man »

Fun yesterday.Decent channel bar,small south,and warm water made for a great session 1-2 ft.
The linda mar ladies showed up,they're all pretty sweet[mostly]1 was a bit surly...she got picked on [good naturedly]
One paddled right into our center and said..Are you locals?We all cracked up,said no we're foreigners...and cracked up again.
She caught on real quick,and like good folk,we got her on a few fun ones.

She called me kneeboard...hey kneeboard,nice wave :lol:
If you come down to linda mar,I'm a local there,we'll see you get taken care of...Taken care of...OH REALLY...whoooooo,more cackling.
My reminded her I'd been surfing the area since the ealy 60's,so I already had tenure.
Turns out she knew the older guys fairly well and one happened to be her mentor.Good stuff 8)
Small south under small nw,baby tides, may run to cron. At least the gas is cheaper over thar side.

cheers.