new board for new poster

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Beeline2.0
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kage
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by kage »

VW's are an addiction also
not addiction, sensible transportation
or that's what I keep telling my wife. 67' Crew Cab :D .
We should start a thread explaining why Vdubs are the optimum surf vehicles.
we are the knights that say knee
Bill E.

Post by Bill E. »

We should start a thread explaining why Vdubs are the optimum surf vehicles.
Yeah my daughter took the racks off my old bug out back and put them on her bug. She says they look cool on her car and that way she doesnt have to put the boards on the inside and have her girlfriend sit in back.
Cars come and go, VW's live and breathe

Surfers come and go, Kneeboarders live and breed
Bill E.

Post by Bill E. »

Im still on this and looked at the boards again. I would even go with a 6-2 instead of the 6-5 with the wide nose. The one thing I dont like is the crowned deck, I like them flat. And I would probally go with a little wider than 21 and a little thicker than 2.25.

I think the concaves need to be explored more, even though I have been on them for years and really like them. These are extreme concaves but there is a nice flat transision under the knees before it goes to double concave then vee in the very tail it would work good.

Would have to do a custom order, but would rather see the board first.

Any good feedback would be good, no negative thoughts please :lol:
Cars come and go, VW's live and breathe

Surfers come and go, Kneeboarders live and breed
meanshapes
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Precision Shapes

Post by meanshapes »

Guys,

I rarely ride on my knees unless I botch a take off. The F2X and GSK8 were designed for the NW and work extremely well. I dont know how it would work for kneeboarders. I would recomend ordering through a shaper that has experiance building this type of water craft or you can use our free software to design your own custom board. We use the APS3000 to mill all of our boards. I have been designing with the software for the last 3 years. It is easy for us to design boards for you as our techs are highly skilled with the program and good shapers.

We act as an oem for other manufacturers (some famous some not) so this is not out of the ordinary. Our glass shop is tight and is managed by Art Colyer.

We use the best foam available Surfblanks Aus, I stock 400+ at any given time 30%usually kneeboard blanks as I use them for all my fish/XSB shortboards.

We drop ship boards up to 7' sand finish for $450 anywhere continental US and $400 pick up. High quality and we know our prices are low. We do this to make GSI choke a bit. hahahahaaha Usually takes us 3-6 weeks

So I guess the moral is I really dont want to bum anyone out with our designs. They were not meant to be ridden as kneeboards..

Hope this helps www.psnwsurf.com we are upgrading our site and I think most will find it amuzing.

Take Care
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Meanshapes - Thanx for taking the time to contact this site. All informations is good information; take what you want - leave the rest.

More interaction within the surfing community is always beneficial to all whether you kneeboard or stand.....or do it on your belly - or butt.
kbing since plywood days
meanshapes

Post by meanshapes »

surfhorn wrote:Meanshapes - Thanx for taking the time to contact this site. All informations is good information; take what you want - leave the rest.

More interaction within the surfing community is always beneficial to all whether you kneeboard or stand.....or do it on your belly - or butt.
Thanks for the welcome. If we can help anyone please feel free to contact us. Our goal is to assist the custom board builders that can understand how to leverage technology.