Come On Hurricane Florence !!!! East Coasters are waiting!!!

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

davmo
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Come On Hurricane Florence !!!! East Coasters are waiting!!!

Post by davmo »

I am sitting here with my fingers crossed that Florence will develop into a hurricane and move off the coast and northward so we east coasters will have some nice waves. I am off of work Tuesday, Wed, Thurs, so I might just have a good chance to get my wish.

I did get to surf TS Ernesto. Friday after the storm was moving north I went out at about 6:00 pm. There was police, rescue people, and a lot of spectators looking at the ocean. Myself and about twenty other surfers hit it and it was double overhead crazy. We were out there until it started getting dark.

Saturday morning was smaller but it had cleaned up a lot and I KB'd for about 6 hours and then I was tired.
gogglefog
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by gogglefog »

unfortunately, the winds don't look favorable for the florence swell. hopefully the forecast is wrong.
last saturday was the day on the outer banks. well overhead and nice long lefts.
surfed s-turns down in rodanthe on sunday and it was like a mexican beach break.
Man O' War
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Man O' War »

Down here in FL we'll be on it. I have my edges all filed.
tumak
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by tumak »

Oh baby... we have some serious waves coming our way. Man-o-War, you coming up to the North Country? Uh-oh... I smell a Monster Hole session! Ponce de Leon Landing will be AWESOME too...

Kneeboards
Spoon
Wave Skaters

This is gonna be a BLAST!
"Imprisonment in the contemporary is the worst of all intellectual tyrannies." -Weston La Barre
Man O' War

Post by Man O' War »

no caption necessary

davmo

florence

Post by davmo »

I like the way that wave map looks!!!! Nice colors.
davmo

gogglefog

Post by davmo »

gogglefog, do you live in North Carolina???

All of us east coast should get together one day during a good swell. For most of my kneeboarding that I have done since 1975 has been pretty much by myself without any other kneeboarders. I did go to school with a couple of kneeboarders but I think they either quit, moved or died. Who knows? Well at least Fred lives in town and can be seen kneeboarding these days.
gogglefog

Post by gogglefog »

davmo,
i live about an hour from you in elizabeth city, nc. any time the surf gets good i'm on it (responsibilities permitting).
i surf a lot in kdh and rodanthe.

windguru isn't calling for the winds to get good on the north side of cape hatteras for the florence swell until next thursday. sunday the swell might be real good down in frisco with a side offshore wind and twelve second swell period.

give me a call 252-548-0099 next time the waves are good and we can meet up.

john
Man O' War

Post by Man O' War »

Looks like Florence has big pretty colors for everyone

Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

It's Saturday night, and no waves in MD, NJ, or DE. Checked down in Hatteras, no waves there either, I guess Florence isn't coming from the south.
I will wake up Sunday and check the report, it better be 4-5ft and at least fair. :roll:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
K-man

Post by K-man »

Looks good anyways..Hope ya'll get some good ones!
Somebody KBs The jersey shore let me know :)
Spent many years bass fishing,seabright to long beach island.Spent many more years carousing around seaside height,and the manasquan-point pleasant area.

A bit off post,but...nostalgia..you know :lol: cheers
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

I have off Monday and Tuesday, so I'll be free to pick and choose my break. The coconut telagraph is buzzing!! BTW, the latest pics from down under are completely inspiring!!
davmo

Post by davmo »

I surfed on Sunday afternoon. It was okay.

Monday I worked but the wind was honking hard from the NE.

Today I went out at 3:00 caught some waves and had an okay time until my surf leash broke and I had to call it quits.

Tomorrow morning (wednesday) looks promising. The wind is calm tonight and is going to be light in the morning. Another local KBr and I are going to hit it at sunrise.

Also I just sold one of my Dean Cleary Kneeboards on Craigslist. I hardly ever rode that board since I have several others that I like riding. So I listed it for sale and really didn't think I would get a response. The very next day a local Virginia Beach guy called me up and he bought it. He was also a kneeboarder. So now I can officially declare that Virginia Beach Virginia has a population of 3 kneeboarders! After selling the board we went out and rode some chest to head high waves and he turned out to be a pretty good kneeboarder. He was charging it pretty hard. He said that he really liked the board and it really suited him well. He was pretty stoked. i also talked with him about this website.

Man O' War

Post by Man O' War »

Your brothers in FL all have ridiculous grins on their faces. This is what our most revered surfguru posted when he got up yesterday:
Oh my God its going off!! This morning we have an ENE ground swell at overhead to double overhead with bigger bombing sets taking everybody out, if your reading this report your missing it. By far the biggest best day of 2006.
I was one of the fortunate ones. I was out on a spoon at one of the beaches in Eric Carson's town of Melbourne. No crowds and they were all acting like point breaks:

One of the photographers at Reef Road (next to the infamous Pump House) reported guys towing into bombs of 20'+ and says he has the pictures to prove it. This is not 20' Hawaiian, I'm sure, but when he posts I'll put one up here.

I can only imagine what chasinglefts and his compadres got at OBX. It was predicted to be 3OH and up.

Somebody hoist a cold one out there.
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Nice Man O War :wink: I only got one mediocre day of this storm. The rest of my days off it was nukkuleear wind blown. :?
Last edited by Mike Fernandez on Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction