General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

PaulN
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by PaulN »

eqKneelo wrote:[ 4x World Champ Simon Farrer stand for

EQ
Just to throw a wrench in your thought process. I was talking to Romo TODAY and he said that Farrer quote "rips"........
smokin rock wrote:Ed,
having a on-going online tantrum over this thing makes us look just as foolish as anything else.
in your fervor to defend all you consider to be right in kneeboarding you are distorting and embellishing on what is being said.
an example would be when (whichever of them) said that kneeboarding won't get you chicks. you turn it around to and say he's calling us homos. :lol: kind of a stretch huh?
i would ask you if kneeboarding has ever gotten you laid but i doubt it.
it sure has'nt been a chick magnet for me.
"you're a kneeboarder! whats that?" "how come you don't stand up"
"how do you stand up with fins on?"

call me a loser if you must....but true for me.
contests are not the most important thing for a lot of people. you're going to have to accept that there are different viewpoints which are not mutually exclusive of each other. i'm sure there are lots of guys who are not interested in participating in a contest yet still support the efforts of those who put all the work into those events. i do.
all this.... us and them......part of the solution or part of the problem, is sooooo black and white.
kneeboarding"s past is about individuals who did'nt give a rats ass what anyone thought. all that darn disregard for the status quo gave birth to the shortboard revolution.
you can't kill off the past as a foundation for the future.
you come off as the voice of KSUSA. since no one seems to put a cabosh on it....i guess it's partially true.
you could do a better job of limiting the "high school linebacker on meth/caped crusader of kneeboarding" persona. :idea:
only my humble opinion.
(i'm sure i'll regret getting back into this one) :o
Well said. :mrgreen:. Basically what I have been trying to say this whole time but put much more eloquently by Mr. Rock. Now I can go back to my cave. Have fun fighting the good fight EQ!
W.G. Facenda
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by W.G. Facenda »

Excellent post Smokin Rock!! Finally! some clarity in this Whine fest!!! :lol:
Bill E.

Post by Bill E. »

call me a loser if you must....but true for me.
contests are not the most important thing for a lot of people. you're going to have to accept that there are different viewpoints which are not mutually exclusive of each other. i'm sure there are lots of guys who are not interested in participating in a contest yet still support the efforts of those who put all the work into those events. i do.
all this.... us and them......part of the solution or part of the problem, is sooooo black and white.
So true. That took the fun out of it in the early 70's for me.
Now, I dont really give a rats ass if I see another kneeboarder :lol:

But it is nice to see one get shacked once in awhile or know what they are lookin at when they see you, no questions asked!!
Cars come and go, VW's live and breathe

Surfers come and go, Kneeboarders live and breed
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

having a on-going online tantrum over this thing makes us look just as foolish as anything else.
Hate to burst the Cyber-Kneelo bubble.... but no one reads KNEEBOARD forums. :( Sad but true. They do, however, read international magazines like Surfers Journal and Surfer Mag.
an example would be when (whichever of them) said that kneeboarding won't get you chicks. you turn it around to and say he's calling us homos. kind of a stretch huh?
Nope. Message was loud and clear here in SoCal.
i would ask you if kneeboarding has ever gotten you laid but i doubt it.
it sure has'nt been a chick magnet for me.
It's a stupid thing to say to the press. PERIOD! There is nothing positive about it. AND, it's not true!
Look at Bunker Spreckles!!! He was the biggest Rock Star Kneelo Surf God EVER! Sure, he had some problems (Drugs, Violence, Overdosing), but getting laid wasn't one of them. :D
contests are not the most important thing for a lot of people. you're going to have to accept that there are different viewpoints which are not mutually exclusive of each other.
But Contests ARE very important to EVERYONE who runs this organization, shapes Our KneeBoards, and makes our Videos. You are free to not care about them... but stop and think about who you are alienating by denegrating and dismissing them.
Go ahead... Look at the KSUSA Homepage and tell me the Title above Simpson's Air should read "This Is The Antithesis of Kneeboarding".
(Did I get it right that time, Man Of War?)
you come off as the voice of KSUSA. since no one seems to put a cabosh on it
I speak for NO ONE on this site.. but I'll tell you this, a lot of you are incredibly ignorant and offensive to a lot of people who work really hard to make this all possible.
you could do a better job of limiting the "high school linebacker on meth/caped crusader of kneeboarding" persona.
:D :D :D
That in fantastic!!!! If we ever meet, I'm buying you a beer for that one!!!!
Although, for those of you keeping score at home, that makes:
-2 guys who started name-calling, and
- 1 guy who resorted to Grammar/Semantics
Because they couldn't come up with a decent argument or stay on topic.
Nice.
Just to throw a wrench in your thought process. I was talking to Romo TODAY and he said that Farrer quote "rips"........
:D Hey, that's neat! What a swell guy. Let him know the FIRST TIME he decides to say it in print, it'll actually count.

Now, if you guys will just stop trying to shove the "Romo is mis-understood" argument down our throats, we can drop this.
Man O' War

Post by Man O' War »

Go ahead... Look at the KSUSA Homepage and tell me the Title above Simpson's Air should read "This Is The Antithesis of Kneeboarding". (Did I get it right that time, Man Of War?)
Big Ed, I did check the Homepage. Look what I found down underneath Simpson's Air:
Before you post, ask yourself if you are promoting camaraderie and treating people with respect. It's really very simple... All we ask is that you keep the content as positive and constructive as possible in the hope to build a better community. Thanks, Don
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

first off....you are the last person who should complain about name calling. were'nt you just calling mr.Horn lazy and stupid?
i called the persona that posts here (egokneelo) those vicious names. not you personally. i can't imagine anyone being as obnoxious, outspoken,unrealistic and unreasonable in real life.
if you read what i wrote i did not dismiss nor denegrate contests or the peolple who put them on in any way. i simply said they don't appeal to everyone. again you try to twist what is said to your point of view. :roll:
i think it is also ironic that someone who could do so much for the contest scene (you) chooses to be so divisive.
Bunker Spreckles! i'm sure the fact he was an heir to a fortune had nothing to do with his ablity to get women. :roll:

are you going to be seriously offended everytime someone hurls an insult at kneeboarding in the next 6 mos?
do you think all the shortboarders at the lane are going to be thrilled when they lose their spot for three days during prime season? thats a rough crowd for sure.
my point is i hope it is dealt with...a whole lot more humor than in the past.
people are reading this.
and i think we end up looking like a bunch of indignant old hens cackling about the latest "slight" in the media.
"lighten up Francis" Stripes
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
stemple

Post by stemple »

Left, right, and middle provide balance in a community. Hear everybody out. Passion is healthy

Ps. flippers give you better traction in bed, only smart partners realize this. :wink:
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

So, now that my speedo is thawed...

There is no voice of KSUSA, hence no cabosh. Mine is not the voice either. That's a strength, IMHO.

There is a body of folks that put in their time to make it easier for us to share experiences, spanning the gamut. Theirs is also just a voice.

There is no conclusion, and that, IMHO, is a strength.

It's like talking about charcoals no longer being a valid form of art...and the spirit of the response takes many forms.

How do you create a spokesperson for charcoals?

You can create a market, you delve into the subject, you can cast rocks at other forms, and on and on. In the end, the commonality is the artform.

If you were to have a spokesperson for the artform, how would that be determined?

The article seems to say 'hey, there's nothing going on over here... that's all folks... please move along now.'

For many, that isn't so bad.

For many, it isn't acceptable. Talk about the artform, not the number of artists. Talk about the artform, not about how boogie boarders took over or how kneeboarding isn't cool enough to get you laid.

For many, these are opinions that do not have the depth of years of cross-pollunation between folks involved in the artform, delving into the various nuances found at this site and many other sources.

How does their's explain the collective ours? It's a deeper topic... I can appreciate that.

If there were a spokesperson, I would hope what is said is that there is a certain rhythm and pulse, and cite for those that are curious places to explore. That's all.

It's really alive, at least with us. So we can be inwardly protective of our long-known joy, or expound upon it. Or, we can be both. Or we can just be, and point others toward our world given the opportunity.

Each has responded in their own way of keeping the art alive.

'I don't care if I see another charcoal artist, I'll still be at it'...and so on. I can relate to that, too.

Substitute artforms, breathe in, and enjoy. The strength is in the response, and, IMHO, that's good enough.

I'm not trying to be Ghandi here, I just think there are realities wrapped around some subtleties.

There is no 'Kneelo President.' There is no 'Kneelo Spokesperson.' Yet, maybe this dialogue sets up some thoughts for the spectrum of artists.

Carry on. I'm trying to figure out if I'm surfing tomorrow.

I'm going to look for my speedo now...
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

first off....you are the last person who should complain about name calling. were'nt you just calling mr.Horn lazy and stupid?
His name is Dan, and I was refering to his proposal of blaming the magazine, not him personally.
i called the persona that posts here (egokneelo) those vicious names. not you personally. i can't imagine anyone being as obnoxious, outspoken,unrealistic and unreasonable in real life.
I am soooooo much worse in real life... ask anyone.
if you read what i wrote i did not dismiss nor denegrate contests or the peolple who put them on in any way. i simply said they don't appeal to everyone. again you try to twist what is said to your point of view.
If you're defending "This is the antithesis of kneeboarding", then I'm talking to you.
i think it is also ironic that someone who could do so much for the contest scene (you) chooses to be so divisive.
Read above.
Bunker Spreckles! i'm sure the fact he was an heir to a fortune had nothing to do with his ablity to get women.
Was he a kneelo? Was he getting laid? Rock on.
are you going to be seriously offended everytime someone hurls an insult at kneeboarding in the next 6 mos?
I live in L.A.,.... I get hurled insults every 6 minuets... and I never get offended. The whole point of this topic was that we have been sold out for too long by one of our own.
do you think all the shortboarders at the lane are going to be thrilled when they lose their spot for three days during prime season? thats a rough crowd for sure.
Wasn't a problem last year. Or the year before that... or the year before that.
It was amazing.
Jon Mel worked so hard, and has so much respect and love, and the local kneelos are so locked in, that it was an absolutely beautiful weekend.
You should check it out sometime.
my point is i hope it is dealt with...a whole lot more humor than in the past

My voicemail and INBOX is full of guys laughing their heads off. Trust me... this is pure entertainment.

people are reading this.
if you say so.
and i think we end up looking like a bunch of indignant old hens cackling about the latest "slight" in the media.
"Thats the fact, Jack." -Stripes

Before you post, ask yourself if you are promoting camaraderie and treating people with respect. It's really very simple... All we ask is that you keep the content as positive and constructive as possible in the hope to build a better community.[/b] Thanks, Don
___

Trying...

Post by Smokin Rock »

i'm glad we both see this as entertainment.
this place is kinda dull without your posts. 8)
i have to admit i'm a little fuzzy on how a pic of Barry and Jack running on the beach with that caption got transmuted to a pic of Chayne pulling air with that caption???? smoke? mirrors?
i'm not defending the "antithesis of kneeboarding" comment....
all i'm defending is Romos right to have his own opinion and voice it if asked. if you're not happy with his response the call him a weiny and get over it.
can't we all just get along?
SFKneelo,
great post even if we now know you wear speedos :shock:
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
gumby

Post by gumby »

Hows' that song go R E S P E C T ........I dont know I guess that when a Mag has histoy with some riders. That may be A blind spot between the pictures and the comments. Surfing has never been boring. Yes I got layed because of kneeboarding. And THIS WEB SITE WILL NOT MAKE A DIFFERANCE IN WHY PEOPLE SURF. Contests are for contestants. The rest support it like it or not. I did'nt drop in on you I just thought you were going left.
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

in the future all media releases will come from me :wink:

that was a fun read...thanks
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
john -

Post by john - »

Steenos wrote:in the future all media releases will come from me :wink:

will that be cash for comment Steen :wink:

:lol:
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

I did'nt drop in on you I just thought you were going left.
BS! i was on the inside screaming "Right! Right!"

Im just wondering when the dvd for EUREKA is coming out since i missed the season finale?
:oops:
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)