surf report

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Bob
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Bob »

Try the point 4-6pm. It seems to glass off, late.
AM_Glass
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by AM_Glass »

Thank you K-man. The long drive was worth it. Did the other side ever come together? I got some good ones on the inside before it all kinda stopped. Saw Dr.S out there on his mat, but that was after it shut down so I didn't get to see him on any waves. I now have an outlet when OB is out of control with big swell and heavy winds.

Sorry to hear things aren't working down in the sandy part of Monterey Bay ScottMac. I've been having fun on that 5'8" freeline quad you sold me. Let me know if you are looking to sell off any others, I'm afraid my deck repair on this one is already starting to snackle up. Shoulda followed the KSUSA advice and put on a soft deck pad. At least then I wouldn't have to look at the cracks every time I wax up. I think Bob's right though, the point will probably be worth the drive. Late afternoon session on the last day of a three day weekend with surf. Everyone has already done their thing and the agro mood has typically left the water by the time the winds start to ease off.
It could be worse, I could be in Oakla-homa.
K-man

Post by K-man »

No scott.It's been pretty clean since sat.the bay faces SE-SW.The NW.s are generally OS,at worse Slightly Sideshore,never a problem.Today the buoys were bigger,but maybe a bit less period,not quite the energy,still OS thou..but lighter.. :D
Ran into AM-G on the left,had a chat caught a few,and the tide shut it down.Paddled across to the drift.Once again thr crowd left,and it got down to 4 people
AM...Kept hooting at you,couldn't get your attention.Anyways the right was big as yesterday,just a bit facey,good ones going way inside.Long paddle back out,Basically it was paddle back out catch one,paddle back out.. :lol:

cheers!
AM_Glass

Post by AM_Glass »

K-man, thinking of heading your way again. What do you think Friday will be like?
It could be worse, I could be in Oakla-homa.
jdkneelo

Post by jdkneelo »

Surfed Dbah this morning 3-4ft glassy peaks had a ball 10 guys in the water, rare for this time of year with quikky pro in town
K-man

Post by K-man »

Wind will probably be OS.Decent swell.Big morning tides,The right could be good on the last part of the ebb.Late afternoon could also be good[after 4]Tide fills in,and the left should be Fine.
Flat on my back with the creeping crudd.
Good luck.
Willy Kelly

Post by Willy Kelly »

waves were fun yesterday up here in Nor Cal with a break in between stroms 2 feet over head and os howling swell jumped up today to big and mixed up

K-man I have free time ths week I would like to head down and hook up
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
K-man

Post by K-man »

Swell drops off drastically on thurs.Buoys need to be around 12@15 for the channel to break,so......If the wind dies off maybe the reefs.Doubtful though,as this has been a especially windy winter.
Will update later in week.Been a few decent days here in town,on the weekend naturally... :lol: still trying to kick the crud!been a solid week of pissing and moaning... :lol:
Maybe I've got what kava's got?He's way bigger;maybe that's why his lasted longer?.... :lol:

cheers

REMEMBER...daylight savings time,mar 1st