General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Bud
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Bud »

First swell of the season.
Surf was great just about everywhere.
Enjoyed a nice 2 hour kneeboard surfer only session near the hotel with Dave Sears and Ray Ebaugh.
Very Bali-esque.....4-6'. :D :D
Sunset Point was taken over by the kids for the Billabong Jr. Pro.
The kids were stoked !

http://www.hawaiianwatershots.com/eosga ... g_1801.htm
Scott

Post by Scott »

Bud, so who is that in the barrel?
frankfqr
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

surf report

Post by frankfqr »

Bud doesn't seem to respond? Hate to see that. Anyway, lines starting to show, trying to set up a low tide hit for the morning but all tide charts show the morning tide around Montery to be "---" anyones take on that? Looks slak at about 3.0 'bout 9ish?
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

Head high but onshore with a semi tropical low sitting right on the Bahamas. Fun enough to get wet today.
Man O' War

Post by Man O' War »

So what are you doing Thurs. 7:00 am. Eric?
skansand

Post by skansand »

hb northside was pumping last night...lots of overhead rights ,barrels....

i padded out on my new surf mat through the channel and got out with dry hair...i could catch waves really easy but couldnt get more then 5 yard rides :?

so i buried it in the sand and pulled out paipo bob... got some of the best prone rides ive ever had....sick off the tops,barrels, rollos and 1 fat invert...

when pulling out of set wave i got pulled over the falls head first,,smashed my head into the sand and felt my neck crack... my spine got really warm and felt an electric sensation go up my arm.....

oh no...i thought i broke my neck initally but i got to the surface and my arm went limp and numb, so i thought i broke my arm and was going into shock.... felt my head with my other arm and it came back covered in blood...

so i yelled for my friends to no avail and took the whitewater in...holding on with one arm and my other limp arm dragging off my board... got to the sand and started beating my arm against the sand trying to get some feeling back....it eventually did but even as im writing this its still kinda numb and i cant bend my thumb all the way...

got a good gash in my forehead and road rash around my eye..i cant bend my neck to the left without pain..had to deal with a bad headache all the way home and it verry difficult getting to sleep..eventually did as the sun was rising......

a pretty eventful session, my thoughts are i pinched a nerve near my collar bone, still might go to the hospital if i dont feel better by tomorrow.....
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
Chris Buscemi

We want pictures...

Post by Chris Buscemi »

Matt,
You should post some pics of your injuries. Chicks dig scars. I wouldn't wait on seeing a doctor though.

Chris
If I say its safe to surf this beach Captain, then its safe to surf this beach. I mean I'm not afraid to surf this place, I'll surf this whole f@cking place!
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KneeBumps

Post by KneeBumps »

skansand wrote: ....... felt my neck crack... my spine got really warm and felt an electric sensation go up my arm......
get thee to a doc for Xrays, bub!
Symptoms do seem like a pinched nerve, but you really don't want to take chances on a spinal injury. Hope you're one of the few with substantial health insurance. Best Luck getting back in the water.
"All I want in this life of mine is some good clean fun
All I want in this life and time is some hit and run"
Lowell George
skansand

Post by skansand »

ya ill post a pic later, got great health coverage , but im SURE theres no spinal damage and i imagine a concussion to be much worse ...ill be good to go in time for the next swell,
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
stemple

Post by stemple »

Have not been able to post for awhile but just got back after nice little surf with SFkneelo on a nice sand bar just south of Noriega. A bit textured, but consistent shoulder to head high+, plenty waves to go round. When I paddled out SF had already been in the water for two + hours!. So happy summer is coming to a close.
K-man

Post by K-man »

Fun day at the reefs..Double session2-3,very clean,slight OS's.Handfull of people all day.Calling for a bit more size tomorrow.Doc S is coming down,from sonoma,hope he leaves his juju home... :lol: Every time he comes down,something goes awry.
What's up in SC?Rumor mill says a few reefs north of town were fun.Need to run down to freeline check out that undergarment stuff...called what?someone knows..

cheers

Mac/willy.....might have a board coming in with yours and willys',if you don't mind...Waiting on hart for verification.
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

That was fun, Syd!

"Mysterioso," K-Man... I'm meaning to check it out down there as well.

Willy K. in town next weekend. Willy, will call.

Debating whether to go right now. It looks so-so.
KenM

Post by KenM »

If you guys can't make it to SC, REI carries some of the Mysterioso products. If you do make it to SC and Freeline doesn't have what your looking for try Blown Out Wetsuit Repair. Around the corner and down the Street across from the 7/11 near Pleasure Point. Mmmm toasty. And K-man if you do make it to Freeline, hows about pickin' me up a copy of the new Sparrow dvd. :D
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.