surf report 2007

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

K-man
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by K-man »

Sounds like north/south is good.. 8) Doc strange came down,left his juju home,brough his mojo instead... :lol: Had fun.Did another double session..Maybe 2-4,bigger sets.Super clean condits, very long lulls..classic south.Pretty crowded,counted a dozen or so on 5 peaks.

Thanks bob,I;ll be around.Don't have a cell,We'll figure it out.

Kenny,If I go I'll PM. Gonna work a few ''daze''Right now I'm fried... :lol: which is good,otherwise I'd surf another full day.Probably surf the afternoon shift anyways-3 till dark.
cheers
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

RJ's was looking sweet this morning and only a few guys out too! oh and the sewage treatment plant was sending its sweet smell through the air too :lol:
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Four straight days of good, solid surf. Some great waves shared with
Jon Manss, Scott Wessling and Alfredo Zavala these past few days!

Scott on a big right.

Jon going left.

Scott - late afternoon sesh.

Jon - late afternoon

Scott

Post by Scott »

Scotty, yeah, what a great weekend! The best surf, and easily the biggest surf for me since mid-May. We ate well, and we fully surfed our arms and legs dead.

Best memory: about 12 of us out when the set of the day blows through; solid 10' plus on the face. Not or two waves, not 6 or 8 waves, but a full 15 waves easy. And not peeling off beauties but heaving suckers that closed out across the whole bay. All of us were caught inside and tried in vain to punch through as wave after wave pommeled us, threatening to snap leashes. I was one of the final three still trying to find a path out, but just got pushed farther into the inside rocks. Finally, I abandoned all hope and fought through the nasty shore pound to the beach, where virtually all 12 guys were standing on the beach, catching their breath and watching the empty lineup churn away. Only about 4 paddled back out; the rest called it quits. While we were all watching the horizon pretty tentatively after that, nothing even close to that set appeared again. Soon there were a bunch of new recruits in the lineup, but a basically a mellow crowd the whole time.

Lots of smiles for Jon and I on the trip home...
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Man, I missed it again. I spent the weekend babysitting whinny media crews. I gotta' quit working and just surf.

Great looking waves! Congrats. At least KBers were all over them.
kbing since plywood days
stemple

Post by stemple »

Sunday OB, nice and solid OH+, fairly consistent. Solid paddle out just to remind you that you need to start getting into better shape. Large rolly sets major crunchers on the inside, keeping everybody on their toes. A little too much tide but still fun to be out in some decent size again.

Sprocky rode the dragon for kicks had a good time. i must admit the tri fin is definitely slower than the quads I been riding for the last 4 to 5 months. Love the agility though.

Looks like it was a bit sunnier farther down the coast. Glassy in the bay this morning, hoping to escape the office this afternoon hope no drama happens.
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Some more shots from the past few days and links to a couple small
videos I took with my new camera.

Empty lineup Friday morning...
http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb25 ... 190010.flv

Scott on a right Friday evening....
http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb25 ... 210048.flv

Thursday afternoon...
Thursday afternoon...
Scott Saturday morning...
Scott again on Saturday...
Alfredo Zavala Saturday...
If only kneeboards grew on bushes!!! :lol:
What are you looking at!!!
:P Image
Last edited by ScottMac on Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mutiny

Post by mutiny »

scottmac scott jon looks like you guys scored some great surf 8)
wayne and I surfed Northside HB this morning some really great HH waves out there, gnarly crowd and paddle, still worth it though :lol:
Jon Manss

Post by Jon Manss »

Nice to hear from you Tom. The last picture Scotty Mac posted is Sat. morning just after we all got cleaned up. Notice outside three people left out. We weren't sure if this was the start of an on slaught of bigger sets or what. It turned out that was as big and as many waves we would see in a set for the rest of the weekend. The second session was fantastic. Actually the first session was great also and I kind of liked getting cleaned up like that.
Also there was one other Kneeboarder that came up from SLO. He tried to get out, but at the impact zone of the beach break he lost a flipper and spent the rest of the morning looking for it. Bummer Dude.
alfredo zavala

Post by alfredo zavala »

It sure felt more like Dec than Sep on Sat. morn!!
A light rain fell and the waves were the biggest I've seen literally in months!!
I have to admit I felt a little tentative out there. First time I've ridden my larger wave board since the freak South that hit in May!
The funny thing is that when I checked out the spot at daylight, I thought the swell had Dropped!! My report to the boys was 2-3'!!
An hour later Scott Mac tells me one guy had paddled out got his clock cleaned on his first wave and the dude came straight in!!
A harbinger of things to come as On his first wave Scott Mac Takes off on the peak of at least a 6 footer and HE gets his clock cleaned royally!!
He paddles in after his first wave as well!
So there I am all alone first time at this spot and winter juice!!
It was awesome and my heart was pumping!!
Soon Joined by Scott and Jon it was all good. Even the !5 wave TRUE cleanup set from HELL!
That feeling of really having to stroke into a wave and the surge of speed . . .
Real bottom turns and no need to generate speed . . .
I kiss this weak, feckless summer GOODBYE!!
Thanks Bros for letting me crash your party.
Peace :D
Fredo
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

RJ's was pumping this morning, must be a couple feet overhead. be in SD on saturday whats the outllook for the swell to maintain?
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
rooster

Post by rooster »

Scottmac
Nice waves, I drove past that spot on my way to a wedding in Monterray last weekend. My girlfriend and I checked it out for about a half hour :D It looked like it was starting to come up,this was @ about 10:00 am thurs.
There were 2 guys hangin in the parking lot don't know if they were KB'S or not.

You guys sure put some miles on when you go surfing, but the drive is beautiful.
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Surf forecast is calling for some significant NW swell to hit here
next Tuesday the 2nd. Size is supposed to be 11'- 17' @ 14
seconds from a storm dropping down out of the Aleutians.

If it holds together we should see some DOH+ surf.

It looks like summer is finally over!!!! 8)
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.