I dinged my new board = (

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

ScottMac
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kev

Post by Kev »

ScottMac wrote:Dings are a part of life.
:(

yes they are
but when the board is new
and it was a silly mistake by yourself
in the car park far from the danger zone
:oops:
it just hurts that little bit more

it's ok to cry
:cry:
K-man

Post by K-man »

Quick repair...I always have a roll of aluminum tape,[3''wide]and some cotton in my pack.Stuff the cotton in the ding,It will absorb the moisture,cut the tape to size.totally waterproof.Find the tape in any hardware store,and it's cheap!Very large dings are another matter...

cheers
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Cotton is a great idea, K-Man!
kbing since plywood days
RT
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by RT »

WG, paint job held up pretty good on the boat, except kinda wearing through on the deck, and lots of the cracks came back. I never did finish putting all the hardware back on the thing--just got it put back together enough to start using it and I used it ...a lot. Sure do miss those days...

It's been sitting in storage now for over two years. :( :cry:

A old OSL friend told me MM reef is a zoo these days. 10-15 boats every weekend, and 35 guys in the water. I remember when 10 guys was a zoo.
WaterLogged

It's back!!

Post by WaterLogged »

My board was in the shop for 2 months :( .

The shaper was overloaded with repairs and new orders, so this has completely motivated me to learn how to repair boards. I never learned how to do it bc of an irrational fear of screwing it up but I just got my board back last weekend and I totally missed it!

Somehow, I have forgotten everything. Whenever I pop up, I wobble my board and fall off the side. WTF? :shock:

I guess it's because I've been using my boog prone since I dinged my KB. Talk about 2 steps back.

I'm going out again tomorrow AM (better winds), and then I am going to NJ this Sunday (better waves, better winds) to work on it. I'm kind of disappointed in myself - but the chubby yellow board is wonderful as always.

I missed you guys.

:D
I
GRAB
RAILS
KenM

Post by KenM »

We've been here the whole time, well I mean most of us have. :wink: Just because your board was in the shop didn't me you couldn't surf here. Anyway, I recomend "The Ding Repair Scriptures" by George Colendich. Two months for ding repairs :shock: yoikes!
FLwaves
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by FLwaves »

Good to see you back on here :D Don't worry about the rustiness with the KB; it'll all come back to you if you keep getting out in the water.
K-man

Post by K-man »

Welcone back!Spent many yrs on the south jersey coast.Seabright down to long beach island.Great memories!Have fun..

cheers
KEL
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by KEL »

Make sure you let us know how it was....no surf here in so cal, so we are counting on living through your good reports. Have fun is golden!!!! :D :D KEL
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
WaterLogged

Post by WaterLogged »

ScottMac wrote:2 months is downright criminal. I took mine in for some work last
Sunday, (longboarder had his board wrenched out of his hands trying
to duckdive in front of me when I was paddling back out - crunched
the back rail on my fish :cry: ), and just got it back as good as new
this morning.

Felix at Sandollar Surfboard Repair is the man around here!
Oh man - last year I was paddling out next to a longboarder - nice guy - and he decided to THROW his board instead of turtling it, and the 11' beast landed on my cranium. He was like "what?" :roll:

I was on my boogie at the time, so there were no dings to be had - the only ding was in my skull.

The week I had dropped my board off, the surf team went to a contest in NC, and when they got back the owner was overwhelmed with repairs and new requests. The shop owner has a full time job on top of running his shop and managing his surf team.

As usual, we've had lots of waves here and nothing but crap winds - I am thinking of driving to Jersey tomorrow just so I get a decent day of surfing!!! We get a lot of west winds here and it doesn't work well with south facing beaches. :evil:

I need to ride this thing again, I feel like it's mocking me. Maybe it needs an exorcism? :shock:
I
GRAB
RAILS