Surf Report 2008

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Willy Kelly
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Willy Kelly »

Surf today in Humboldt was waist to head high and glassy all day :D with lots of fun lefts south swell starting to show
no one in the water but me and Wesly :shock:

peace and good waves 8)
Don
Admin

OB surf...

Post by Don »

Willy,

Same here in SF. I hit it at 5:30 - 7:30 AM. With the low tide being a minus no one wanted to put up with the current. Left me solo on a peak for a couple early morning hours. Granted there were 4 people who were out in total. Bob and I are on it tomorrow... smaller but should be fun... it is June you know ;-) Usually I have my running shoes on this time of year and the board is no where near the beach!

Don
Don Harris
surfhorn
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by surfhorn »

Lil' WindanSea had decent waves but incoming tide gave it 'more bounce to the ounce'. After picking up a set wave for my first ride of the day, wave #2
doubled up and bounced as I popped to my knees so I took an 6'-8' air drop, hit and scrunched my left side, neck to hip. Fortunately, I was able to turn out the top of the wave. I was worried about waking up as one of the walking wounded this AM but things look OK.

So, its back to The Point this AM. Wife gone for weekend, son away backpacking and I'm out of school. Looks like 4 days of beach time for me!
kbing since plywood days
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

DP at the South end of North end with Don.

Glassy and warm, even the water was up a degree or two.

There were pulses coming through that were definitely fun.

The low tide drain had the rips running, as well as some shallow sandbars.

Not many sections of the beach looked that great...

I'm liking this little streak!
Mark Ramirez

Post by Mark Ramirez »

It was another good day of surf here in San Diego, a little smaller than yersterday, but ther were some good waves to be had. Since I worked the graveyard shift at work last night, the time I got in the water, was after the dawn patrol leaving and before the partiers got up! Surfed by myself for 2 hours 8)
W.G. Facenda

Post by W.G. Facenda »

I'm surfed out and cooked well done. Yesterday from 2-5PM was classic! Hi, Mark I'l l get EM's # for you this weekend.
frankfqr

rubbed raw.

Post by frankfqr »

Five days straight for me WG. Howdy to ya!!! The lines have been showing for WEEKS but it takes the right situation for a south swell on the WS. Long solo (solo!!!) waits for the right one but each session has payed out big----speed runs and deeeeeeep pits for the patience. Still got all my fins, plenty rock dancing :shock: :shock:
skansand

Post by skansand »

surfed sayulita to 8' but it was sooo weak... fished for a few days grouper, trigger, sailfish and needlefish...

then went on an adventure! took a hour long bus ride that resembled mr toads wild ride....hiked 10-15 minutes through the rain forest(i mean iguanas, tarantulas, parrots and swarms of bugs everywhere) and found a 8-10' right reef point with a 6' left point within paddling distance.....

made the same trek the next 2 days... amazing place...

then raced the swell back to cali to score dredging pits at rjs yesterday and monster mush hb later in the afternoon... 8)
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Bloody Hell I am whining, but there hasn't been any waves for me to surf since my surf with Stapo Jr. back in May. :cry:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
Ler

Post by Ler »

[quote="Mike Fernandez"]Bloody Hell I am whining, but there hasn't been any waves for me to surf since my surf with Stapo Jr. back in May. :cry:[/quote]

Come home to BOLSA. All is forgiven. You tried the waters of the forgein lands. I hear the Independent is looking for writer to cover some senoir citizen events.

Ler
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Ler my brother, $80k a year at the Independant and I would come back, I think I could rent a studio apartment at that rate! :D
Last edited by Mike Fernandez on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
KneeBumps

Post by KneeBumps »

Beautiful waves this AM in Southern NC. Waist to chest peelers, with a few bigger sets, long clean walls to slice up. Long period SE groundswell, nice surprise for this time of year down here. Water and air in low 80's, great to just trunk it. Wind is getting on it, hoping for more over the weekend.
"All I want in this life of mine is some good clean fun
All I want in this life and time is some hit and run"
Lowell George
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

Fun fun fun here in Florida too. About chest high, speedy, glassy mid to high tide shorebreak. I've been longboarding for about a month, so getting some fast waves on a Flashpoint was a real treat!
FLwaves
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by FLwaves »

I second that, Eric! Had probably my best kneeboard session so far in the glassy peelers yesterday.
randiego

Post by randiego »

Surfed Rosarito with Gove and BMC standup crew Carlos, JR and James - HH+ and good form - we had a great session, just the 5 of us. 8) 8)

Got a couple barrels and saw Gove get a ton of them - he was ripping!

My back is 90% and it felt great to get wet - I'm back! :lol: :lol:
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."